PoE peaked in 3.13 and I am afraid that it may never go back up again...

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Moridin79 wrote:
Couldn't agree more with the OP. Also, I played so much of every kind of content last league, not just harvest. All of the original iterations of the atlas passives were amazingly fun. It's really a shame.

I've said it before but I've never had such a massive negative drop in experience from one league to the next since Talisman. GGG had so much momentum and goodwill going after echoes/ritual and they have epically failed to keep it going much less build upon it.

P.S. @Tin foil hat, that belt you linked is trash.

Yet you still play it.:P And talisman was so bad lol...a 2c rare beat anything we made. I'm not an addict and GGG can stick it where sun dont shine this league and any other low effort league.

Yeah I gave it an honest run for a week and now swap back and forth to standard to play my ritual character. Derping around in league playing different builds. Tried Tuna's lightning strike build but the skill is just dogshit to play imo no matter how strong it is. I haven't killed maven, haven't done a 10-way, killed sirus just once, not going hard at all just kind of sleepwalking a couple of hours at a time. There's literally nothing else to do that's exciting to me. Checking out the buffed Death's Oath then I guess back to standard? Idk...

I've played since the flashback before Talisman, that's the only reason I mentioned it. It wasn't good from what I remember but I was terrible at the game and learning it strictly in HC.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
other than harvest I think the game is in great shape, and I'm as casual as they come
S L O W E R
Last edited by ampdecay on May 4, 2021, 1:25:17 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"

You know what's not healthy?

This!
"
Wow, item that would have taken months, if not a year of farming and gathering exalts and eternals
Crafting a 6 T1 item should not be done within a week. Cry more, please.

You couldn't do it in a week in 3.13 unless you spent 100s Ex and hours of tft. You certainly can't do it in 3.14 harvest.

Lie more please?
"
raics wrote:
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
"
raics wrote:
You know, if 3.14 is a bad game, then 3.13 was a bad game with handouts. That's saying quite a bit about both the game and the players.

That's an argument of perception. If the game was bad for you in 3.13 it will be worse in 3.14. Not a position I take. 3.13 was the best.

Maybe, but in the end it's the same game now, just a bit less rewarding. If it's suddenly boring and not worth your time, it was standing on some pretty flimsy legs.

Ideally the solution was to fix that problem, not kick the legs out from under you first.

Is the problem that the game isn't very rewarding? So make it more rewarding before ripping away the bandaid that was Harvest, Beastcrafting, and fractured fossils. Loot drops in general are extremely poor, nobody really hopes to find anything worthwhile to pick up, ID, and sell anymore. That would've been a good start. a number of older leagues like Abyss and Breach are hardly worth looking at for anything beyond extra mobs. Crafting is pure garbage for anyone who doesn't have a vast amount of wealth lying around (Harvest could've fixed that, but RIP I guess).

I swear I feel like GGG is trying to bring the game state back to beta when leagues didn't exist, QoL was simply a thought, and the only way to craft was to slam currency.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on May 4, 2021, 2:22:11 PM
This league is just too bad GGG. No more fun. I've set aside some cash to purchase your 2 supporter packs (damn they looks so damn good), but at a second thought I will be voting with my wallet now. You took away my funs, I stop giving you money, simple.
Wonder why I'm angry? Well the difficult spike you tried to created wont bother me, I've played since Ambush, I know how to overcome hardship in this game. But to see my group became a sad, empty place and my guild dying out because of your nonsensical nerfs surely boil my blood. You have your chance, Chris Wilson. So stay in your obsolete, denial world. Guess D4 or Last Epoch wont need to try as hard as before to beat PoE now.
"
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

You know what's not healthy?

Crafting a 6 T1 item should not be done within a week. Cry more, please.

You couldn't do it in a week in 3.13 unless you spent 100s Ex and hours of tft. You certainly can't do it in 3.14 harvest.

Lie more please?

I crafted a full set of gear minus a weapon in 3 weeks in 3.13 ssf. It can easily be done in trade league in 1 week even without tft.

Just because you can't or don't know how to do it does not mean the game should revolve around you. When used properly harvest was a item editor.
Agreed. 3.13 was best content we ever had. And now, I am just so... bored. Meh.
"
camapngu133 wrote:
This league is just too bad GGG. No more fun. I've set aside some cash to purchase your 2 supporter packs (damn they looks so damn good), but at a second thought I will be voting with my wallet now. You took away my funs, I stop giving you money, simple.
Wonder why I'm angry? Well the difficult spike you tried to created wont bother me, I've played since Ambush, I know how to overcome hardship in this game. But to see my group became a sad, empty place and my guild dying out because of your nonsensical nerfs surely boil my blood. You have your chance, Chris Wilson. So stay in your obsolete, denial world. Guess D4 or Last Epoch wont need to try as hard as before to beat PoE now.

Hopefully, they will learn from their mistakes.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
raics wrote:
Maybe, but in the end it's the same game now, just a bit less rewarding. If it's suddenly boring and not worth your time, it was standing on some pretty flimsy legs.

Ideally the solution was to fix that problem, not kick the legs out from under you first.

Is the problem that the game isn't very rewarding? So make it more rewarding before ripping away the bandaid that was Harvest, Beastcrafting, and fractured fossils. Loot drops in general are extremely poor, nobody really hopes to find anything worthwhile to pick up, ID, and sell anymore. That would've been a good start. a number of older leagues like Abyss and Breach are hardly worth looking at for anything beyond extra mobs. Crafting is pure garbage for anyone who doesn't have a vast amount of wealth lying around (Harvest could've fixed that, but RIP I guess).

I swear I feel like GGG is trying to bring the game state back to beta when leagues didn't exist, QoL was simply a thought, and the only way to craft was to slam currency.

Yeah, well, if I got a dollar every time they slapped a bandaid on some core issue I'd probably have enough for a pretty fancy dinner somewhere. If that's that's the way they want to do things, fine, it's their game after all.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on May 4, 2021, 4:45:00 PM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
I assume the first thing you do when picking up a new game is to look up for the cheats because the shortest way to power is the best?

The first thing I do is check whether it is fun. The second thing I do is check whether there are realistic goals for me in the game, that are fun to chase.

3.13 had both. Fun and realistic goals to chase. 3.14 so far has neither. It's a question of perception, for the vast majority of more casual players, 3.13 was a much better game than 3.14 is. Some may disagree, but the majority probably wouldn't.

PoE has had cheats several times. They are called exploits. I stay away from them, because, you know, cheating isn't fun. Harvest crafting was never cheating, and it never felt like cheating to me. More like a sensible path of item progression. You can disagree with that, but you can't deny that for me, and likely many others, 3.13 was better and more fun than 3.14.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on May 4, 2021, 4:45:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info