PoE peaked in 3.13 and I am afraid that it may never go back up again...

"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
I assume the first thing you do when picking up a new game is to look up for the cheats because the shortest way to power is the best?

The first thing I do is check whether it is fun. The second thing I do is check whether there are realistic goals for me in the game, that are fun to chase.

3.13 had both. Fun and realistic goals to chase. 3.14 so far has neither. It's a question of perception, for the vast majority of more casual players, 3.13 was a much better game than 3.14 is. Some may disagree, but the majority probably wouldn't.

PoE has had cheats several times. They are called exploits. I stay away from them, because, you know, cheating isn't fun. Harvest crafting was never cheating, and it never felt like cheating to me. More like a sensible path of item progression. You can disagree with that, but you can't deny that for me, and likely many others, 3.13 was better and more fun than 3.14.

To be fair, Harvest could be considered cheating if you bother to visit TFT. It's far less the case if you source all the Harvest crafts yourself.

Too bad GGG didn't do anything about TFT except make it even more necessary.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on May 4, 2021, 4:47:59 PM
double post
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 4, 2021, 4:50:19 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
"
raics wrote:
You know, if 3.14 is a bad game, then 3.13 was a bad game with handouts. That's saying quite a bit about both the game and the players.

That's an argument of perception. If the game was bad for you in 3.13 it will be worse in 3.14. Not a position I take. 3.13 was the best.

Maybe, but in the end it's the same game now, just a bit less rewarding. If it's suddenly boring and not worth your time, it was standing on some pretty flimsy legs.

That is possibly true. I would agree that Harvest was a band-aid, but for me, it was a band-aid that fixed A LOT of problems with the game, particularly the itemization problem. I mean, other problems still remained, like the excessive piles of trash loot that cause all kinds of problems, but Harvest did (mostly) fix itemization.

Now, would I think it better if they fixed the core problems? Probably, yes. But they just removed the band-aid and didn't fix any of the problems. Which doesn't make anything better, just worse.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
I assume the first thing you do when picking up a new game is to look up for the cheats because the shortest way to power is the best?

The first thing I do is check whether it is fun. The second thing I do is check whether there are realistic goals for me in the game, that are fun to chase.

3.13 had both. Fun and realistic goals to chase. 3.14 so far has neither. It's a question of perception, for the vast majority of more casual players, 3.13 was a much better game than 3.14 is. Some may disagree, but the majority probably wouldn't.

PoE has had cheats several times. They are called exploits. I stay away from them, because, you know, cheating isn't fun. Harvest crafting was never cheating, and it never felt like cheating to me. More like a sensible path of item progression. You can disagree with that, but you can't deny that for me, and likely many others, 3.13 was better and more fun than 3.14.

To be fair, Harvest could be considered cheating if you bother to visit TFT. It's far less the case if you source all the Harvest crafts yourself.

Too bad GGG didn't do anything about TFT except make it even more necessary.

The problem remains no matter how much you play, tft or not, ssf or not. Harvest was alpha and omega of poe. too strong. Got correct nerfed if Chris stuck by his manifesto, tier 4s and augs would still be there. They are not.

At least not in quantity even close to before. Anntari ran like 200 12c harvest in a row (2400 chaos) and got zero aug.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 4, 2021, 4:55:28 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
The problem remains no matter how much you play, tft or not, ssf or not. Harvest was alpha and omega of poe. too strong. Got correct nerfed if Chris stuck by his manifesto, tier 4s and augs would still be there. They are not.

At least not in quantity even close to before. Anntari ran like 200 12c harvest in a row and got zero aug.

Harvest was a bandaid fix to a problem where loot isn't worth picking up despite mountains of it dropping, where old league encounters aren't enjoyable as their rewards are way too poor to be worth doing beyond adding mobs, where mobs and bosses are getting tougher to the point that much stronger gear is required to tackle them comfortably. GGG should've addressed issues like these first before doing something about Harvest.

Honestly, the worst kicker about its nerfs is how heavy handed it ultimately was. Now that augs and tier 4s are so rare, was it at all necessary to also reduce how many crafts you get per crop? It's bad enough getting mostly reforges (with no keep prefix/suffix or lucky), but only getting about 4-8 per crop went far and above what was needed.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on May 4, 2021, 4:59:28 PM
whole game revolving around harvest and HARVEST ONLY, AND around sitting in discord... casual players running around with perfect 'item editor' gear (which makes it worthless, boring, and un-special in every way) ?
that's what you call PEAK? what the f*ck.

game has never been better. 3.14 changes are awesome (except talisman, yea that was DUMB).
3.13 was only more fun because Echoes atlas stuff was new. Don't mistake that for reworks. Harvest is still super useful (which is why it's still spammed 24/7 in chat/discord), but the game doesn't revolve around it the way it did in Ritual. You can do any endgame stuff you desire and they're all nice and profitable, unlike last league. I personally like variety.
"
Lacceh wrote:
whole game revolving around harvest and HARVEST ONLY, AND around sitting in discord... casual players running around with perfect 'item editor' gear (which makes it worthless, boring, and un-special in every way) ?

Never had perfect gear, probably never will. Neither do you, I assume, at least if we go by a proper definition of the word "perfect".

Anyway, my gear during Harvest and 3.13 was definitely a lot more exciting then in other leagues. Whether it was special? If you mean special w.r.t. what other players have, why would I care what other players have unless it influences me?

Also not sure what is wrong with more casual players having good gear. Care to explain?
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Lacceh wrote:

Never had perfect gear, probably never will. Neither do you, I assume, at least if we go by a proper definition of the word "perfect".

Anyway, my gear during Harvest and 3.13 was definitely a lot more exciting then in other leagues. Whether it was special? If you mean special w.r.t. what other players have, why would I care what other players have unless it influences me?

Also not sure what is wrong with more casual players having good gear. Care to explain?

This is pretty perfect, took me 3 hrs to make

in SSF I have just a little less than perfect because I couldnt use TFT and i'm causal.. but woulda got there if I had time

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 4, 2021, 5:16:29 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
This is pretty perfect, took me 3 hrs to make

Zero elevated mods, out of three possible, no corruption, let alone best-in-slot double corruptions. You got interesting definitions of "perfect".

I always assumed "perfect" meant that it could not be better.

Also, how much did you spend on it during those three hours? How many r/a life did it take?
Last edited by Char1983 on May 4, 2021, 5:22:25 PM
A lot of vet players are no longer playing, including myself. The game really is going in the wrong direction and I am not going to support it any further in its current state.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info