PoE peaked in 3.13 and I am afraid that it may never go back up again...

The nerfs craft system -harvest to be specific- and characters has received made Poe a worse game in every way possible than its former self which can be simply named as 3.13. I am afraid that Poe may never go back to its old glory -3.13-.

League mechanic and the boss -Trialmaster- are so messed up that it makes me change my route whenever I see them on a map. I have been facetious about not being able to 40/40 in a league before but I am really serious this time.

The Trialmaster boss fight is possibly the worst of all PoE bosses ever been introduced to the game. I am not even mentioning how rare it is. It is so rare that I have encountered only 4 bosses so far and I made 3 characters leveled 98, 96, and 92 respectively.

Overall, the changes made hit the casual players hardest. Naturally, 90% of my friends are casual players and they all have failed to make their first characters successful in red maps. I think this tells us that Poe is not a casual friendly game anymore, it's more elitist than ever. I may be an experienced player but this doesn't mean that these changes in hardship made me happier.

Stay classy, GGG, but make smarter choices.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on May 5, 2021, 12:32:44 PM
Last bumped on May 5, 2021, 12:34:02 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
100% agree about Harvest in its pure form as of patch 3.13 it made the game simply a better place. A new gen ARPG in the next form of evolution.
It is really saddening to see the game in its current state.
When i talk about PoE with friends we consider patch 3.13 as the golden era of PoE.

Standard was alive and on fire in 3.13. Now (3.14) its a Ghosttown.
Last edited by zzang on May 4, 2021, 4:47:09 AM
I can't force myself to play after 3.13 . If things don't drastically improve in "fun" department, i'm out sadly.
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
Overall, the changes made hit the casual players hardest. Naturally, 90% of my friends are casual players and they all have failed to make their first characters successful in red maps. I think this tells us that Poe is not a casual friendly game anymore, it's more elitist than ever. I may be an experienced player but this doesn't mean that these changes in hardship made me happier.

It's always been pretty elitist, but maybe you are right, and it is getting worse. However, there are so many things in this game that either benefit the elites, or hurt the casual crowd, or both. 3.13 just overshadowed that by giving out so much stuff that it didn't matter as much, because making good gear was relatively easy. So in that sense, 3.13 clearly was a better game than 3.14 (I also personally enjoyed it a hell of a lot more).

Take, for example, the trading system. GGG states that it should require some work, because otherwise it easily trivializes lots of things, and there is some truth to that. However, the way it is implemented, it makes trade hard mostly if you don't have a lot of currency. Try buying 10 items for 1-3 chaos each. Hard. Try buying 10 items for 5-20 exalt each. Not a problem.

Not sure if PoE will ever be as much fun as it was in 3.13. I'd pay for a permanent 3.13 version, I don't actually need any more content than 3.13 had, at least not for the next 3-5 years.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Can't you create a help group or something? Harvester anonymous? You can talk all you want about your favorite thing and how you are trying to get rid of an addiction that doesn't bring you pleasure anymore.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Can't you create a help group or something? Harvester anonymous? You can talk all you want about your favorite thing and how you are trying to get rid of an addiction that doesn't bring you pleasure anymore.

^Slot machine gambler has entered the chat.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

I have never used harvest in depth outside of ssf. 3.13 was the greatest ssf league I have experienced and I played poe in 3.13 every single day of the league.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
zzang wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

The game isnt slot machine gambling anymore unless youre a dumb ass like me who wasted currency thinking standard crafting methods still worked when they didnt.

Harvest is still broken. Ive already made broken gear with it and im not even target farming it, im not target farming anything.

Plus theres Fossils and other crafting like Betrayal Bench, etc. Theres way too many ways to easily craft things, harvest being the easiest of them all.

find a decent ilvl item, buy it. Reforge it. Wow, item that would have taken months, if not a year of farming and gathering exalts and eternals was made within a week.

People calling this patch bad are spoiled, GGG shouldve never added harvest in as a league nor after the fact because it isnt healthy for the game.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
zzang wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

The game isnt slot machine gambling anymore unless youre a dumb ass like me who wasted currency thinking standard crafting methods still worked when they didnt.

Harvest is still broken. Ive already made broken gear with it and im not even target farming it, im not target farming anything.

Plus theres Fossils and other crafting like Betrayal Bench, etc. Theres way too many ways to easily craft things, harvest being the easiest of them all.

find a decent ilvl item, buy it. Reforge it. Wow, item that would have taken months, if not a year of farming and gathering exalts and eternals was made within a week.

People calling this patch bad are spoiled, GGG shouldve never added harvest in as a league nor after the fact because it isnt healthy for the game.

You know what's not healthy?

This!
"
Wow, item that would have taken months, if not a year of farming and gathering exalts and eternals
"

You know what's not healthy?

This!
"
Wow, item that would have taken months, if not a year of farming and gathering exalts and eternals
Crafting a 6 T1 item should not be done within a week. Cry more, please.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info