PoE peaked in 3.13 and I am afraid that it may never go back up again...

harvest was trash tbh. unless u farmed harvest 24/7 and got lucky on what u found. or be lame and use tft that is.

"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
This is pretty perfect, took me 3 hrs to make

Zero elevated mods, out of three possible, no corruption, let alone best-in-slot double corruptions. You got interesting definitions of "perfect".

I always assumed "perfect" meant that it could not be better.

Also, how much did you spend on it during those three hours? How many r/a life did it take?

Yeah mavens were crazy 30ex in std in 3.13. I just make it to see what hubbub was all about with TFT. I played SFF since Abyss but wanted to see what I was missing. Took 11 I think with divines lifes. About 200ex...too much to be sure we're talking opening days of 3.13 here. But std so whatever. Point is you could make it as my perfect life and res show.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 4, 2021, 6:04:12 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Zero elevated mods, out of three possible, no corruption, let alone best-in-slot double corruptions. You got interesting definitions of "perfect".

Also, how much did you spend on it during those three hours? How many r/a life did it take?

Yeah mavens were crazy 30ex in std in 3.13. I just make it to see what hubbub was all about with TFT. I played SFF since Abyss but wanted to see what I was missing. Took 11 I think with divines lifes. About 200ex.

That is not easy by any definition. Most people are lucky to even see a fraction of that 200ex. :P
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Lacceh wrote:
whole game revolving around harvest and HARVEST ONLY, AND around sitting in discord... casual players running around with perfect 'item editor' gear (which makes it worthless, boring, and un-special in every way) ?
that's what you call PEAK? what the f*ck.

Never had perfect gear, probably never will. Neither do you, I assume, at least if we go by a proper definition of the word "perfect".

Anyway, my gear during Harvest and 3.13 was definitely a lot more exciting then in other leagues. Whether it was special? If you mean special w.r.t. what other players have, why would I care what other players have unless it influences me?

Also not sure what is wrong with more casual players having good gear. Care to explain?

You know exactly what I meant, but I guess I am forced to spell it out for you: players on average had significantly better gear than normally would in any other league.
A lot more 'exciting' ? Oh please, it was ridiculously overpowered, why deny it still, months later? You even posted in my thread about Harvest back in January, I remember it.

Yea ok so you're just selfish and only care about yourself. Not everybody plays SSF and essentially single player 'offline' mode... you're in the minority. Harvest influenced just about EVERY aspect of PoE, are you crazy?

What's wrong with casual players having good gear? Try reading, it's literally within what you quoted from me: if so many players have THAT INSANELY good crafted gear, that simply makes no sense, it loses its meaning. Casual players CAN have good gear, OF COURSE, BUT, that should take a long time, since their play time is limited - THAT MAKES SENSE. if they have insane gear 1-2 weeks into league, that's just stupid.

Again I can only repeat myself: GGG should take the blame for putting it back into core at full power, absolutely irresponsible move (and incomprehensible, just like talisman nerf). Harvest has completely spoiled players, they got used to having OP gear for very low effort, and that's become the new norm - then... you take it away, and now they can't deal with it - which is reflected well if you just take a look at the forums. Original Harvest should've never happened.

Now... ALL OF THIS, is just beta testing anyway. Don't take my word for it, GGG said it themselves. Harvest was a beta test to see how far they can push OP items and see what happens. Texture streaming is also a beta test, it literally says in the manifesto: it's a system which would allow for larger size graphical assets for PoE2.
(This is not necessarily a problem, but they have made some awful decisions).
the game feels more and more like a chore. i played some grim dawn a while back, and it was refreshing not having to worry about linking and crafting stuff (the two worst offenders in PoE). Not saying grim dawn is perfect; the maps are static and they get boring real fast, and there are no fresh leagues (the highlight of PoE).

I've not even gotten to maps yet this league. I just cant be bothered. Its not just the league, its just the tarded grind mostly leading nowhere that has gotten on my nerves. PoE 2 will fix everything COPIUM
"
Lacceh wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Lacceh wrote:
whole game revolving around harvest and HARVEST ONLY, AND around sitting in discord... casual players running around with perfect 'item editor' gear (which makes it worthless, boring, and un-special in every way) ?
that's what you call PEAK? what the f*ck.

Never had perfect gear, probably never will. Neither do you, I assume, at least if we go by a proper definition of the word "perfect".

Anyway, my gear during Harvest and 3.13 was definitely a lot more exciting then in other leagues. Whether it was special? If you mean special w.r.t. what other players have, why would I care what other players have unless it influences me?

Also not sure what is wrong with more casual players having good gear. Care to explain?

You know exactly what I meant, but I guess I am forced to spell it out for you: players on average had significantly better gear than normally would in any other league.
A lot more 'exciting' ? Oh please, it was ridiculously overpowered, why deny it still, months later? You even posted in my thread about Harvest back in January, I remember it.

Yea ok so you're just selfish and only care about yourself. Not everybody plays SSF and essentially single player 'offline' mode... you're in the minority. Harvest influenced just about EVERY aspect of PoE, are you crazy?

What's wrong with casual players having good gear? Try reading, it's literally within what you quoted from me: if so many players have THAT INSANELY good crafted gear, that simply makes no sense, it loses its meaning. Casual players CAN have good gear, OF COURSE, BUT, that should take a long time, since their play time is limited - THAT MAKES SENSE. if they have insane gear 1-2 weeks into league, that's just stupid.

Again I can only repeat myself: GGG should take the blame for putting it back into core at full power, absolutely irresponsible move (and incomprehensible, just like talisman nerf). Harvest has completely spoiled players, they got used to having OP gear for very low effort, and that's become the new norm - then... you take it away, and now they can't deal with it - which is reflected well if you just take a look at the forums. Original Harvest should've never happened.

Now... ALL OF THIS, is just beta testing anyway. Don't take my word for it, GGG said it themselves. Harvest was a beta test to see how far they can push OP items and see what happens. Texture streaming is also a beta test, it literally says in the manifesto: it's a system which would allow for larger size graphical assets for PoE2.
(This is not necessarily a problem, but they have made some awful decisions).

You have your concept of fun and exciting, which I can respect, but totally disagree, most players didn't even get close to perfect gear last league, I'm talking about elevated mods, perfect divine rolls, like you said, casuals got their first taste of what true endgaming feels like, not relying on the top 1% to craft their crap and sell for ridiculous prices, or exploiters and huge guilds manipulating and inflating prices on deterministic assets and crafts, I had the most fun in 3.13 in ages, it was even better than the original harvest, it was tuned and balanced to the point where everyone could enjoy it and attempt in fair grounds to hit some near perfect items, if you believe that's boring, perhaps you can try SSF, and yes, ggg has to take the blame, their balance team is focused only on nerfing the popular and never reworking on the least popular, we have a range of dozens of skills, where only about 12 of them see at least 1% play overall.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Yeah mavens were crazy 30ex in std in 3.13. I just make it to see what hubbub was all about with TFT. I played SFF since Abyss but wanted to see what I was missing. Took 11 I think with divines lifes. About 200ex...too much to be sure we're talking opening days of 3.13 here. But std so whatever. Point is you could make it as my perfect life and res show.

This pretty much counters any argument of "free item editor"
200ex spent for a single life mod. 99.9% players dont see 20ex during the whole patch.
Then as mentioned its not even close to perfect attempting for tripple/quadruple elevation or/and double corruption would have tenfolded the price at very least.
Some people need a reality check in their definitions of "free" or "itemeditor" and "perfect".
Last edited by zzang on May 5, 2021, 3:00:50 AM
Yeah. One 15h/day streamer coined the item editor meme and a lot of cueless people caught on.

Only some items were 'deterministic'. Everything else still required lenghty and risky phases of throwing blobs at the wall. Phases that could cost insane amounts of orbs.

All harvest did was remove few layers of already absurd rng fiesta POE is. This we cannot have because.. money. People having good gear leave early. Sure. The 1% might.

Somehow noone notices what this change did to less invested players.

Item editor and all that bs.. and then someone links rare life+2 res belt and claims everything is fine.. lol what?

I happen to have a nice stash of standard gear enough to play with builds i like (this is medium tier, medium power). Replacing this items in league would cost me much too much of my time. Pandemic is slowly ending. I see a sharp decline i numbers once people are free again. Wasting two weeks collecting orbs to craft an acxeptable sword (or finding one R/A harvest) or.. holidays someplace nice?

3.13 was the best and most fun patch for me. 3.14 despite good list of balance changes still introduced absurd mechanics (perma vaal skills, self chill) and too the tangible progression i enjoyed. Now it is all rng bs again
"
sidtherat wrote:
Yeah. One 15h/day streamer coined the item editor meme and a lot of cueless people caught on.

Only some items were 'deterministic'. Everything else still required lenghty and risky phases of throwing blobs at the wall. Phases that could cost insane amounts of orbs.

All harvest did was remove few layers of already absurd rng fiesta POE is. This we cannot have because.. money. People having good gear leave early. Sure. The 1% might.

Somehow noone notices what this change did to less invested players.

Item editor and all that bs.. and then someone links rare life+2 res belt and claims everything is fine.. lol what?

I happen to have a nice stash of standard gear enough to play with builds i like (this is medium tier, medium power). Replacing this items in league would cost me much too much of my time. Pandemic is slowly ending. I see a sharp decline i numbers once people are free again. Wasting two weeks collecting orbs to craft an acxeptable sword (or finding one R/A harvest) or.. holidays someplace nice?

3.13 was the best and most fun patch for me. 3.14 despite good list of balance changes still introduced absurd mechanics (perma vaal skills, self chill) and too the tangible progression i enjoyed. Now it is all rng bs again

They will conveniently ignore the cost, budgets, killing actually monsters to obtain the crafts, rarity of the grove, base item prices etc. Etc. I can go on and on. They treat ot like its all free and easy...
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
Mukee wrote:
Dudes claiming harvest is still "broken" linking average tier 2 or so items believing they are the shiet. Some random fellows claiming they are "destroying content" I check their bio and characters only to find a crappy meta build filled with below average items... seems about right.

OP is right, endgame is the opposite of fun now.

3.13 had such a nice variety of grinding to choose from, I myself spent most of my time on Valdo's rest shards, which now is nerfed to ashes.

Harvest didnt make the game broken, it made the game fun, it was nice to see your progress being rewarded after starting an item from scratch and fitting it into any build you'd like, 3.13 I played a lot more than the other leagues, as for 3.14 I'm already bored and didn't even unlock the center of atlas yet..
Lmao, yeah why are you making stuff up ? Which is it ? Upset you cant see my profile or pretending you can see my characters when my profiles always been private ? Whats on my only listed character and hows it built since you can apparently see it ?

The fact that youre calling my item trash shows you dont know how to use the crafting system. I just came back after 4 years and i already know more about the crafting that the people complaining that it sucks when it doesnt.

T1 Belt res isnt worth getting. If i wanted to continue crafting i could lock suffixes and annul and have a high chance of removing the es roll because open prefix, its a 50/50 gamble. I could also lock it and veiled chaos roll it. Theres plenty to do with the belt but its perfectly usable as is especially for flaskers.

Also upon checking gear for the league, its pretty funny "crafting is hard" yet people claiming so are fully itemized with crafts.

If its soo hard already whyve i already crafted my mace for the league ? Its not the best but the investment cost was virtually non-existent. All i need to do now is get the higher crit multiplier bench craft because theres no point in slamming it when everything else is well rolled and the exact mods i need.

And im already working on tons of other crafts. Also.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/?f=flair_name%3A%22Item%20Showcase%22

Theres tons of people who dont even post their crafts so dont pretend like people arent crafting disgusting gear 2 weeks into the league, now on week 3.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on May 5, 2021, 8:37:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info