Your 2021 PoE end game ladies and gentlemen.

Make Harvest Scarabs !!
"
That guy legit tried to use Grod law what the fuck.

He put a blank post down in the last spot though, I think he's saving it to sound smart some more.
"
theD4nk0wl wrote:
"
vmt80 wrote:
"
theD4nk0wl wrote:
lmao, so insightful. Please share your absolute knowledge of economics in POE and explain how harvest could be balanced to preserve it's relevance while taming its power.

Why? It's the false concept of economy which is problem for the game in the first place, not Harvest. Economies can balance themselves but a bad gameplay doesn't.

I honestly think that the reddit post concerning Grod's Law was a great piece:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/l9fugs/the_sacred_grove_and_grods_law_how_path_of_exiles/

I'm the wrong person to give answer how to balance PoE economy, since I'd be the first one to get rid of it entirely. I sincerely cannot believe there is a meaningful base of players who find PoE economic game enjoyable, and would rather be killing the monsters and crafting stuff themselves.

Seems like you're unfamiliar with this games origins in daiblo 2 and its expansion. Trade is absolutely fundamental to this genre. For those that like single player, SSF? HC SSF is actually one of the few truly competitive aspects in the game, I've enjoyed it myself actually.

Again, this game stays true to its roots. Good items matter, and should, it's what you're grinding for, the name of the company is GRINDING GEAR GAMES LMAO.

Now you're lecturing me of 'how the game ought to be played'. Yes, PoE is fundamentally a single-player game and in almost every aspect it tries not to be it fails to be enjoyable. This is certainly subjective, for me it holds true.

Yeah, it sure sounds revolutionary thought that a video game should be enjoyable to play.

Good items mattered more if there was no trade. I personally find it absolutely hilarious how the worst abusers of trade system are negative on Harvest. For me it's trade that ruined Harvest, not vice versa. I'm quite sure there are plenty of people who thinks this way.
Last edited by vmt80 on Feb 22, 2021, 7:00:04 PM
"
vmt80 wrote:

Now you're lecturing me of 'how the game ought to be played'. Yes, PoE is fundamentally a single-player game and in almost every aspect it tries not to be it fails to be enjoyable.

Yeah, it sure sounds revolutionary thought that a video game should be enjoyable to play.

Good items mattered more if there was no trade.

I'm not telling you how to play in the slightest. Do whatever you want.

"
vmt80 wrote:
Good items mattered more if there was no trade.

So "if only there was no trade in this game"

"SSF is a thing.."

"don't tell me how to play"

LMAOOOOOOO
I'm done here, I can't handle this level of stupidity without losing my temper a little. It doesn't matter that much to me, dumb shit just pisses me off though.

Good chance they remove augment craft, makes good sense.

Or they'll make it absurdly rare, not as good of a fix but hey. Very likely one of the two.

GL..
Last edited by theD4nk0wl on Feb 22, 2021, 7:01:09 PM
"
theD4nk0wl wrote:

So "if only there was no trade in this game"

"SSF is a thing.."

"don't tell me how to play"

LMAOOOOOOO

You're articulating yourself in a terribly unclear manner, my dear. All there is to be read is an emotional reaction with little to no substance matter.

It's called amygdala hijack.
Last edited by vmt80 on Feb 22, 2021, 7:05:46 PM
"
theD4nk0wl wrote:

Seems like you're unfamiliar with this games origins in daiblo 2 and its expansion.

What trade Diablo had? What trade Diablo 2 had? Oh yeah I remember, NONE. If you use D2 as an example to how economy is good for ARPG genre it's just wrong.

The thing that made D2 the game it was was not having trade at all. You need to grind a lot, kill stuff, loot stuff, etc. And it worked perfectly.

Oh yeah you had those 3rd party sites just like PoE has, don't tell me you guys ever used them...
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
"
theD4nk0wl wrote:
Casual gonna make 1 of every char?

Stop being idiots.

I'm a casual.

I have one of every character.

Who's the idiot now?
"
innervation wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
Don't.

Oh but they must. I shouldn't have said 'good' though, what I meant was 'absolute best'.

You didn't address any of the points that I brought up, though. You just ignored them and pretended they were not there, or invalid, or both. Not a great start for a discussion.

"
innervation wrote:
"you run low-end content (T11 atoll, even alch/go is no-risk endeavour) to craft uber weapons/gear you dont need to run low level content. and the endgame you dont have to touch because you already have everything you need.. 'why run, whats the point?'"

... it's fun? I'd run all the end-game bosses regardless of their rewards. If they dropped nothing at all, the better. It is fun beating them. The other day I had my first deathless Uber Elder. Loved it. Didn't drop anything. Shit happens.

I play this game for the fun, not for the rewards. The rewards are just necessary to have the fun, because my character can't beat the end-game with no gear.

Your idea about only one account being able to craft on a piece of equipment sounds reasonable, but complicated.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
sidtherat wrote:
you have a pretty interesting image of a 'casual'.

here is a casual for you:
- casual does not trade
- casual barely know how to link items
- casual surely has no idea about reddit and might be intimidated from entering this forum
- casual is lvl60 and soon to enter act8
- casual uses unique weapon because he thinks 'unique==best'

Hmmm, the definition I heard of 'casual' was that it's someone who plays for less than three hours a day. That category includes a lot of players who are quite a bit more advanced than the above description. It would help if we had consensus on what a casual is, rather than applying our own subjective and individual criteria.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info