Your 2021 PoE end game ladies and gentlemen.

I guess I'm the only weirdo that thinks the whole TFT thing isn't that bad?

I play almost exclusively SSF so please take this with a grain of salt...

The whole TFT thing is a product of efficiency. ANY new system introduced by GGG that give some scale of power in regards to crafting would have this effect.

Do you guys not remember when we had to grind master to max level just to do any real crafting? How bout the "pro crafters" that literally would do daily group runs for a week straight at league start so they could set up their crafting business via the forum and forum vouches?

What is the difference? Instead of posting on a forum for a crafting service and vouches... that's now done in discord/tft?

It is human nature to find the most efficient way possible to get crafts.

The argument could be that the accessability of creating a "harvest shop" is annoying and the majority of the player base doesn't have access to it... but that is frankly wrong.

Players CAN use TFT.. it's just annoying to use. Annoying has never been a metric that GGG measures anything by as most of their systems are annoying when first introduced. Sirus? hello? now Maven complaints?

This is no different then the old crafting nerds creating craft shops to make their league currency.

The power that is provided by top end harvest crafting isn't even needed to do all of the content in the game!!!

It would be different if there was a single harvest craft that was NECESSARY to progress... but most are luxury power items that people can set as goals.

Why all the arbitrary rule setting for the entire player base (i.e. soulbound nonsense, etc) if the power provided by the crafts aren't even necessary.

Seems like a bunch of sourpusses that don't want to mess with TFT and as a result trying to take it away from the players that are willing to engage with the TFT system to actually do that stuff.

This whole "it feels bad knowing someone has better items than me" shit is annoying in a game like POE where the majority of the damn game is PvE.

Yes there is an economy. Yes there are some easily spammable crafts (i.e. curse on hit rings)... but those are available for everyone without TFT... so wtf are we even talking about here? Forcing explodey chests? Who tf cares lol... that shit isn't even needed at all.

OH... and just incase somebody wants to talk shit and claim i'm not understanding the fundamental argument... the crafts are still possible in SSF!! You get lucky or you play alot!

Last edited by Prizy on Feb 25, 2021, 3:57:25 PM
"
Prizy wrote:
Seems like a bunch of sourpusses that don't want to mess with TFT and as a result trying to take it away from the players that are willing to engage with the TFT system to actually do that stuff.

This whole "it feels bad knowing someone has better items than me" shit is annoying in a game like POE where the majority of the damn game is PvE.

Well, I don't give a pair of dingoes' kidneys about what other players have, but unfortunately the whole TFT fiasco seems to be the reason why

a) The Horticrafting station is limited to 10 slots
b) Harvest was nerfed multiple times since 3.13 released

So yeah, I dislike TFT for the reason that it makes Harvest largely unusable unless you play for unhealthy amounts of time per week. I want to stay healthy, and thus play less than an hour, on average, per day. During Harvest, that was fine, now it isn't anymore, not even in Standard league.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
I want to stay healthy, and thus play less than an hour, on average, per day.

Well you are free to do so with the understanding that it is a scalar to time in game.

Whether one person sits for 10 hours for one day, or you take 10 days to do the same amount of work (1h/day) the net result should be the same.

I don't get it. If you don't have time, you play standard and can take as long as you want.

Doesn't make sense to me.
I think harvest craft trading is not intended design in this game.

You should do it at your own risk.
"
Prizy wrote:
Whether one person sits for 10 hours for one day, or you take 10 days to do the same amount of work (1h/day) the net result should be the same.

That word there, it is a problem - when thinking about PoE, you think of work. It should be a leisure time activity, as far as possible from being work. It should be fun. But indeed it often does feel like work.

"
Prizy wrote:
I don't get it. If you don't have time, you play standard and can take as long as you want.

Problem is, you cant. By the time you have harvest crafted your items playing casually on Standard, the meta has changed three times.
Last edited by Char1983 on Feb 26, 2021, 3:36:24 AM
It feels like work when you are required to do activities you don't like but they are so much more powerful than everything else you kinda have to.

The lab for example is work for most people. They'd be fools to avoid it though.
lab is a one time affair (4 times in fact but it is like 30-40 minutes and you still get some nice rewards)

harvest crafting is a continuous process, some crafts are rare (mostly rem/add life that is the most popular due to its universal application), some are not only rare but offer more than one outcome (+120 life, +10% max life or.. +11 life regen..)

you can farm it - T12 atoll, zana farming give you so many harvests that you spend more time in garden than in maps

and you still cannot find that damn craft you want

shield for my SST. pretty meh AR value but perfectly fine, what is missing is life on block. ive started farming it 3 days ago, still nothing. life regen is my bane it seems

if you play without targeting harvest you cannot expect to find it frequently enough to craft gear on your current character. you should keep like 10 items you craft up so no crafts are left wasted. if you target one item at a time - you are going to waste like 90% of crafts.

also.. once you understand how powerful harvest is, playing any other content just feels like shit. i like heisting, the rewards are also quite good. but you cannot find harvest there.. have done one heist in 3 days.

this content, harvest that is, does bad, bad things to the game
"
Char1983 wrote:
That word there, it is a problem - when thinking about PoE, you think of work. It should be a leisure time activity, as far as possible from being work. It should be fun. But indeed it often does feel like work.

The reason for that, I think, is that people are outcome-based rather than process-based. If you fire up PoE with the desired outcome of finding or crafting item X during the session, it will always feel like work. If you fire up the game to enjoy killing monsters, and are pleasantly surprised if item X drops (but not frustrated if it doesn't) then it will continue to feel like a game.

I've started playing Valheim and, like most survival games, it makes you grind a lot to work your way up the tech tree. The moment I start setting my sights on new techs and having to walk ten miles to collect the new type of plant (or whatever) to enable the tech, it feels like work. If I treat the game like an adventure where I'll find the plant in due course and am not going to sit with teeth grinding because I can't get it right this moment, the game becomes a lot more fun.

Impatience, instant gratification, power-gaming are all fun-killers. You're setting yourself a high bar to get everything asap and that puts pressure on you. Relax, enjoy the ride, stop to smell the flowers, take it one (game) day at a time and that pressure just melts away.
Last edited by porous2 on Feb 26, 2021, 11:57:06 AM
Yeah, but if you stop to smell flowers in PoE you will not get that item. Ever.
"
porous2 wrote:
Impatience, instant gratification, power-gaming are all fun-killers. You're setting yourself a high bar to get everything asap and that puts pressure on you. Relax, enjoy the ride, stop to smell the flowers, take it one (game) day at a time and that pressure just melts away.

True. But it doesn't work very well in PoE to play that way, and the longer, the less, I get the feeling.

Rolling a map, sure, I can do that. But unless I chisel it, roll it, have the right sextants, have the right scarabs, Zana mod, area modifiers... I am going to get absurdly less loot.

Which wouldn't bother me, but the problem is the game is balanced for the situation where you "juice" your maps to the fullest and speed-clear them. So you will never get anywhere by "just playing the game". Unlike other games.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info