Your 2021 PoE end game ladies and gentlemen.

I am just fcking baffled at all the "MAKE HARVEST CRAFTED ITEMS ACCOUNT BOUND PORBLEM SOLVED!" posts.

It's right up there with "I'm just a casual, I never see harvest, but. don't remove it casuals deserve gud gear"

Account bound has no place in POE. I'm sure you'd all love the first time you've got 8 attack mods are more common rolls on a plant and your character is ... a caster! Casual gonna make 1 of every char?

Stop being idiots.
"
theD4nk0wl wrote:
I am just fcking baffled at all the "MAKE HARVEST CRAFTED ITEMS ACCOUNT BOUND PORBLEM SOLVED!" posts.

It's right up there with "I'm just a casual, I never see harvest, but. don't remove it casuals deserve gud gear"

Account bound has no place in POE. I'm sure you'd all love the first time you've got 8 attack mods are more common rolls on a plant and your character is ... a caster! Casual gonna make 1 of every char?

Stop being idiots.

you are lvl 100 in Ritual.. thats not 'casual', it is MILES away from casual
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
theD4nk0wl wrote:

Stop being idiots.

Where did I claim to be casual? I'm casually saying the idea of account bound would lead to an endless stream of casuals linking items that they accidently rolled that do not fit their build but would be sellable at whatever amount said casual might deem "big" and cannot sell because "poe went account bound 2021"

It'll never happen, it's a dumb, short sighted suggestion. That's all.

I'm not sure how you didn't read that as me making fun of casuals pleading for harvest not to be changed, even though the same people say they never see it, but all based on being casual. I've read the words casual and account bound on this forum more times than I care to count recently, I feel dirty regurgitating them.
Last edited by theD4nk0wl on Feb 22, 2021, 3:28:15 PM
"
theD4nk0wl wrote:

Stop being idiots.

I'm really trying to understand what you are trying to say...

You are saying that Harvest crafted items must remain tradable? That's why we have this mess. Or are you one TFT trader and want to preserve it?

On the other hand account bound Harvest and Beast crafted items (ONLY THESE) solve a lot of problems. From the split beast abuse with maps/blueprints to scams and TFT endgame.

You want powerful items? Go grind for yourself and yourself only.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
"
theD4nk0wl wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
theD4nk0wl wrote:

Stop being idiots.

Where did I claim to be casual? I'm casually saying the idea of account bound would lead to an endless stream of casuals linking items that they accidently rolled that do not fit their build but would be sellable at whatever amount said casual might deem "big" and cannot sell because "poe went account bound 2021"

I'm not sure how you didn't read that as me making fun of casuals pleading for harvest not to be changed, even though the same people say they never see it, but all based on being casual. I've read the words casual and account bound on this forum more times than I care to count recently, I feel dirty regurgitating them.

Of course its short-sighted. Its also short-sighted to have the endgame take place on a 3rd party discord though LOL.
Account bound/temporarily non-tradeable is the quickest way to fix harvest till they come up with something better. Obviously they dont wanna let go of it in general.
Not sure what casual/non-casual has to do with it. Generally id say casuals are more happy with harvest the way it is currently but cant see why its unhealthy for the game in the long run.
Pretty bold to assume someones playtime simply because of an opinion about a game mechanic lol
you have a pretty interesting image of a 'casual'.

here is a casual for you:
- casual does not trade
- casual barely know how to link items
- casual surely has no idea about reddit and might be intimidated from entering this forum
- casual is lvl60 and soon to enter act8
- casual uses unique weapon because he thinks 'unique==best'

etc etc.

your casual, casually harvest crafting gear etc.. is not a casual at all

soul bound items suck and would not like them here but it might boil down to harvest+soulbound or no harvest. current implementation and impact of this mechanic (reaching far further than power creep) creates a situation that is untenable and reaches bursting point

esp if GGG would like to increase difficulty to 'accomodate' for new power. then participating in that rotten system (or farming atolls for hours) becomes mandatory

"
frostzor27 wrote:

I'm really trying to understand what you are trying to say...

You are saying that Harvest crafted items must remain tradable? That's why we have this mess. Or are you one TFT trader and want to preserve it?

On the other hand account bound Harvest and Beast crafted items (ONLY THESE) solve a lot of problems. From the split beast abuse with maps/blueprints to scams and TFT endgame.

You want powerful items? Go grind for yourself and yourself only.

...saying the idea of account bound would lead to an endless stream of casuals linking items that they accidently rolled that do not fit their build but would be sellable at whatever amount said casual might deem "big" and cannot sell because "poe went account bound 2021"

I'll just copy paste that from literally 1 post before. I'm not big into TFT, nah gotta say I'd have never re-implemented harvest to begin with. Account Bound is a laughable fix though.

Stop being idiots. There copy/pasted that too.
"
theD4nk0wl wrote:

You are misunderstanding casuals with noobs. Now I got it.

"
theD4nk0wl wrote:

Care to explain why?

"
theD4nk0wl wrote:

I think you are messing two things here. One thing is Harvest for casuals, which is a good thing. Other is preventing abuse and scams. Harvest making life of casuals easier has nothing to do with abuses and scams. True casuals never use TFT or care about min-maxing. They just follow a build and try to mimic the builder and buy whatever the builder says. I bet 90% of PoE casual players don't even know what is TFT.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
"
theD4nk0wl wrote:

...saying the idea of account bound would lead to an endless stream of casuals linking items that they accidently rolled that do not fit their build but would be sellable at whatever amount said casual might deem "big" and cannot sell because "poe went account bound 2021"

What kind of argument even is that?????
Stop being an idiot?
I'm literally using "casual" because I've seen on every thread concerning Harvest the argument: Nerfing Harvest Hurts Casuals!

Sid that's a bit drastic in my opinion, but sure I get your point, so again I'm saying it that way because of what I've read that I DO NOT AGREE WITH and I really thought that would be obvious.

Aside from defining "casual"

No, account bound is not a solution to harvest "until they come up with a solution". That's called SSF, which I've actually said harvest is good for, opening up more possibilities for a mode with typically limited viable options.

The stream of salt over rolling something that doesn't fit someone's personal build in trade league, and having it account bound would be a lot worse than the complaints and arguments over harvest itself currently, short sighted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info