Your 2021 PoE end game ladies and gentlemen.

We made it. So glad you could join.

I won't link to the reddit thread, but the jist of it is that someone was Scammed on TFT by Awakened Trader and that the Trusted level of 'vouch' on that 3rd party site Means Nothing. You would likely see it if you looked for it.

This is what I've been trying to tell people defending this [Removed by Support] a system. Over a long enough time line the odds of anything happening approach 100%. This dude got his 100ex boots yoinked by one of the most trusted traders/crafters.

It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. The best items in the game shouldn't be gated behind this process. A process that is unofficial, laughably insecure and prone to fraud, doesn't require killing monsters (ARPG btw), and doesn't even require doing hard content.

Put the good items behind hard to achieve content. In the game. The part with the swords and spells. Without needing to hand your item to a stranger and cross your fingers. Remember this isn't someone trading you a scuffed '6L Shavs' that you can double check yourself before hitting accept. This is straight up blind trust.

The current implementation of Harvest is strike 1. This is my game though, not baseball. I'm going to SSF - if they manage to fuck that up it will be strike two and I'm out.

The top minds of reddit are, as we speak, discussing preventative measures so this doesn't happen again. They're talking about emulating the large global financial institutions in terms of fraud prevention and detection. For a video game trade. Hello? What?

Another person with many updoots says people should give collateral to the TFT discord mods as a 3rd party mediator. Huh? Serious?

Anyways, how are you all enjoying the new end game?

Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Feb 22, 2021, 1:25:39 PM
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2021, 4:04:50 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Prevent trading harvest crafted gear.
Turn up appearance of harvest and good harvest crafts.
Problem easily fixed for everyone.

Otherwise i mean you know the risks of using TFT and trading strangers your beloved pixels. You either accept shit can happen or just stay away from it if you dont wanna take the risk.
"
Sarciss wrote:
Prevent trading harvest crafted gear.
Turn up appearance of harvest and good harvest crafts.
Problem easily fixed for everyone.

+1

Harvest is no longer a commodity and those who don't want to use it can ignore it without suffering any repercussions.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
As I said countless times: account bound. Problem solved. Want to use Harvest or Beast craft? Item is account bound.

I doubt they will have balls to change this. GGGCent is too stubborn to change.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
Not getting collat for a 120ex item? KEKW
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
innervation wrote:

The current implementation of Harvest is strike 1. This is my game though, not baseball. I'm going to SSF - if they manage to fuck that up it will be strike two and I'm out.

Strike 1 is blaming a game mechanic for humanistic shortcomings. Someone scammed someone else. Please, before you use this instance of failure as your basis for bashing Harvest, remember this shit went on well before Harvest, and will go on well beyond Harvest, or any like game mechanics.

Your post is a sorry attempt to reinforce the ongoing Harvest hate.

What's the matter really? Your trade site RMT taking a hit because all of us casuals can have some fun too?
I poop, therefore I am.
"
frostzor27 wrote:
As I said countless times: account bound. Problem solved. Want to use Harvest or Beast craft? Item is account bound.

I doubt they will have balls to change this. GGGCent is too stubborn to change.

They actively do everything in their power to avoid following lessons learned by other games. If there's one thing I've realized in my time here, it's that PoE's development is driven by ego, not rationality. They would rather come up with excuses as to why a solution is bad rather than follow what another game does.
This is a buff™
thing of this power - harvest - WILL be traded if there is even the most mundane, captcha enforced way.

i dont believe that current harvest implementation was deemed 'ok' - it simply was bound to fail. crafting limit AND tradeable AND deterministic crafting?

if trading crafts required sending a real mail to others - people would do it. seriously, deterministic crafting is INFINITELY better than any other, rng based, options. any chance for a guaranteed result > everything else

this user lost some nice piece of gear and got reddit attention. i doubt he is the first one. this 'system' (aka 'blindly trust strangers on the internet') is rotten to the core
"
They would rather come up with excuses as to why a solution is bad rather than follow what another game does.

There is a serious lack of excuses posted by GGG to support your argument.
I poop, therefore I am.
"
JunkHeadJoePC wrote:
"
They would rather come up with excuses as to why a solution is bad rather than follow what another game does.

There is a serious lack of excuses posted by GGG to support your argument.

Top of the page since 2017.
This is a buff™

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info