Harvest needs a big nerf for next league.

Many people in this thread need to realize they are not unaffected by the current harvest situation even if they play SSF.
Harvest is probably the highest amount of powercreep ever implemented in this game and if access to literally perfect items stays this easy you guys have to get ready to NEED 10x6xT1 item sets soon to battle endgame content...

I'm pretty convinced the last thing PoE needs atm is more powercreep eh.

Another point people who echo "just play what you like, nobody makes you play harvest duh" need to realize is, if you dont target-farm harvest right now youre basically making minus-currency (except some niche stuff like deep delve). Great. Its healthy for a game to have ONE single game mechanic that overshadows everything else lmao.
This especially applies to lower/midtier players, they might think they benefit from harvest by getting a target craft here and there, but in fact they actually lose out and get even more behind the top playerbase. Another thing that PoE surely doesnt need more of.
exactly this, it widens the gap between the high end and casual playerbase

Also i absolutely second what you said about it being basically the end all be all of PoE atm.

There is just too much power in one single mechanic at themoment.

Synthesise item? - harvest
Fracture item? - harvest
crafting (duh?) - harvest
getting gem exp lenses? - harvest
transform currency - harvest
and the list goes on.

Why not just split up some of harvests rewards into other mechanics, so that they, too, get something new and worth running?

One could also argue for the crafts itself, if they get made into a droppable item or anything like it, to be dropped in different regions / mechanics.
Need chaos crafts? - breachlords (or something like this)
need Fire crafts? - heist
need cold crafts? - delve.
(keep in mind those are just examples)

Of course they could be made to drop anywhere, but with a higher percentage.
Harvest is just the worst of both worlds right now, it widens the gap between casual and high end players, and it also has too much power for one mechanic
People who play as Team farm incredible fast huge amount of currency and me as solo Player not ...

better remove Party System, its very unfair and unbalanced!

I give a shit if a Streamer has 5 mirror or if Mr x and y has crafted mirror items.

this New harvest is awesome and im still hyped after 22 days nonstop harvest hunting.
Last edited by Delamonica on Feb 18, 2021, 11:02:50 AM
Buff harvest, make harvest scarabs
"
zzang wrote:

The only reason to complain about Harvest is when you have been a mirror tier crafter before. But even then the mirror tier crafters i know enjoy their time of their lives with Harvest.

Doesn't this tell you that those who are criticizing Harvest now are NOT the 'mirror tier crafters'? It's obviously not as those players will always find a way to be at the top of the wealth pyramid, because that's what makes them happy and they have the time, energy, willpower, and knowledge to get there every league.

The people most critical of this implementation of Harvest are your average player who has been playing this game for pushing 10 years now, has a depth of experience with games in the genre, and can see EXACTLY where this is going given GGG's track record.

"
Sarciss wrote:
Many people in this thread need to realize they are not unaffected by the current harvest situation even if they play SSF.
Harvest is probably the highest amount of powercreep ever implemented in this game and if access to literally perfect items stays this easy you guys have to get ready to NEED 10x6xT1 item sets soon to battle endgame content...

I'm pretty convinced the last thing PoE needs atm is more powercreep eh.

Another point people who echo "just play what you like, nobody makes you play harvest duh" need to realize is, if you dont target-farm harvest right now youre basically making minus-currency (except some niche stuff like deep delve). Great. Its healthy for a game to have ONE single game mechanic that overshadows everything else lmao.
This especially applies to lower/midtier players, they might think they benefit from harvest by getting a target craft here and there, but in fact they actually lose out and get even more behind the top playerbase. Another thing that PoE surely doesnt need more of.

It's exactly this. The folks who think they are 'closing the gap' between themselves and power gamers are beyond fucking delusional. You may be leveraging the power of Harvest to make your best character to date and do content you've never done before - I get that that's exciting. But here's what comes next if they go the route so many here pine for and buff Harvest:

GGG then buff monsters to balance out the other side of the power level equation. And it's not gonna be a 10% buff. It's going to be a 1000% buff. And you're going to die, and you're going to cry. You'll come crawling right back here to this very forum and curse GGG for 'killing build diversity'. You'll complain that you are 'forced' to play a build you don't like, and farm maps that aren't your favorite because it will be mandatory to have a full set of perfectly rolled items from Harvest to do end game content.

Oh my won't that be fun.
Last edited by innervation on Feb 18, 2021, 12:35:45 PM
"
innervation wrote:
The folks who think they are 'closing the gap' between themselves and power gamers are beyond fucking delusional. You may be leveraging the power of Harvest to make your best character to date and do content you've never done before - I get that that's exciting.

At least for me this is not the case. For me it's about my freedom to make my items by myself and with my effort, not simply just hoarding currency to buy from top crafters/players.

Before Harvest life was hoard a lot of currency, never craft, just sell whatever had high value (alts, chaos, exalts, expensive uniques) and BUY the gear I need (example: boots with at least 30% movespeed, 70+ life, triple resists, etc.). Every time I tried to craft was like gambling. I needed to hoard 3k+ alts to maybe get an explode mod and pray to RNGezus to get a usable piece after the awakener orb. Or just play and hoard more to pay 25ex for a crafted one.

Before you start, I KNOW how to craft. I just simply don't have the time and resources top crafters have. All the quality, fossil, mod block, bench, anull, etc is simply too demanding for the common player that I realized that at least for me it's better use of my time to just grind and hoard than to try it myself with limited resources. I can elaborate more on this if needed, but not here. And who were the ones happy and most benefited from this? I wasn't.

And then came Harvest. For the first time I did have power to make items on my own, by my efforts of grinding and playing alone. Every moment I had the feeling of power over the game: no more gambling, no more hoarding, no more needing to use fucking trade sites. I could start with a base item and improve based on my progress and effort, and damn, that's what an ARPG must give as a feeling for its players.

But no, GGGCent had to mess it up by allowing crafted items tradable. That created a monster that made the life of the famous 1% way easier, just WAY easier, that they started complaining. Also, the former players that had more time and resources got pissed because the pleb was not hoarding to buy anymore, so their profits went down like never before. RMTers were crying rivers. And guess? These people just looked at their own bellies, not realizing the greater good that was made to ALL players.

Basically, Harvest could have been: you want powerful items? WORK FOR IT!. But in the end, what we got was: you want powerful items? TRADE FOR IT!

So now we are back to previous Harvest were it's better to buy items than trying to make them yourself.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
Why does harvest need a nerf? Because the rate of people getting absurdly op stuff has changed from people farming red maps with no more content to do to people farming red maps with one last piece of content to do??
"
innervation wrote:

Doesn't this tell you that those who are criticizing Harvest now are NOT the 'mirror tier crafters'?

The only thing that this thread tells me is that 3-4 people posting daily in this thread keep it bumping without ever delivering a valid reason why harvest is bad. If GGGs was to buff monster HP it would have been this patch. But it wasnt.

You guys complaining about Harvest for no apparent reason afraid of power creep yet there is headhunter which cost a fraction of a 3 maven orbed item and wrecks balance out the window.

Harvest is the best thing happend to this game and GGG can be proud of this implementation.
I will write some AAR about my harvest experience (mind that it is not SSF leagues):

Been farming exclusively Haewark while I exp to 99 and to try SSF spam an item for fun.

To give some perspective: Haewark has a 5% chance of harvest and Lex proxima 6%. This is ~one in 20 while other mechanics give one in 10 (legion & abyss) or one every map (harbinger & legion map device).

This is really far from enough to get anything done in harvest SSF.
The only usable way of harvest is by actively engaging in TFT (VERY time intensive), only there you can get anything done like the stuff in my char that is far from bis mirror tier.

If you spam Zana missions to get more harvests, it comes with the opportunity cost, you are still spending reserve 4pts for Zana & +extra missions, when these pts can go into other lucrative passives. And it is still rng i.e. not harvest every pick, and the harvests are a lot weaker than haewark specced harvests.

Talking about farming Haewark for harvests, I find it highly inefficient overall. Basically the main income is not from the Harvest tree but the Syndicate tree that is also in Haewark.

At this point I could simply spam Valdo Harbingers or New Vastir Legion and swim in currency with which i would direct buy an item (or the crafts).
I.E. farm Valdo like a pig, buy 50ex 900dps weapon, how does it sound right compared to harvest crafting?

Talking about harvest itself. It is awesome.
I have gear that is still far from BIS mirror tier and yet each piece costed 5 to 20ex in harvest tries (augments removes adds etc). So what is the problem? It aint free mods from the sky each try costs like 1ex.

I saw a staff with 5 t1 mods and i know that it was not just fallen from harvest, to get that one you still need to spam hundred+ exalts of removes remove/add augments (phys is 1ex, crit is 1-2ex, speed is 4-7ex it aint for free dudes)

PoE finally has something that can be called proper crafting. The system in place before, without forgetting that it is still needed (i.e. alt spam to hit hard mod like tailwind etc), is a RMT slot machine, sorry but if you preferred and like that system you are deep into gambler issues.

Now if we talk about a pure SSF, well i guess it needs to stay else no way you can ever consider self crafting some goodies.

p.s. Talking about harvest & TFT in general, it is the best thing i saw in PoE for a community. Granted it doesnt happen every single exchange, but for the first time i'm properly chatting with other players and feel engaged, we go together with suspence with the item, checking/asking what was the outcome and cheering or going "aww rip feelsbadman better luck next time". Or you do exchange tips with the people "do imprint before" "try blocking this res" etc etc
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Feb 18, 2021, 5:59:45 PM
https://imgur.com/gallery/EIfhljd

This thread in one Imgur?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info