Harvest needs a big nerf for next league.

I would like to give you a mirror , that you can wipe away your tears. But i will use it instead to mirror triple res and Life boots . Sorry Mate .
"
ZaeN wrote:
I will write some AAR about my harvest experience (mind that it is not SSF leagues):

Been farming exclusively Haewark while I exp to 99 and to try SSF spam an item for fun.

To give some perspective: Haewark has a 5% chance of harvest and Lex proxima 6%. This is ~one in 20 while other mechanics give one in 10 (legion & abyss) or one every map (harbinger & legion map device).

This is really far from enough to get anything done in harvest SSF.
The only usable way of harvest is by actively engaging in TFT (VERY time intensive), only there you can get anything done like the stuff in my char that is far from bis mirror tier.

Have a look at the gear Manni and Crouching Tuna managed to make in SSF this league, I think it is a question of game knowledge and time investment and u can make crazy items even in SSF.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/comoestoy/characters?characterName=Hydrascale_Boots

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Crouching_Tuna/characters?characterName=Tuna_LFBrotherhood
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
Dkodr wrote:
game knowledge and time investment

is the whole point, you can make great items solo but the time requirement is on the extreme end of the spectrum pointing out that streamers and dedicated very high playtime SSF can make items isn't really a supporting point because they always could :p
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Feb 19, 2021, 5:37:51 PM
"
Dkodr wrote:
"
ZaeN wrote:
I will write some AAR about my harvest experience (mind that it is not SSF leagues):

Been farming exclusively Haewark while I exp to 99 and to try SSF spam an item for fun.

To give some perspective: Haewark has a 5% chance of harvest and Lex proxima 6%. This is ~one in 20 while other mechanics give one in 10 (legion & abyss) or one every map (harbinger & legion map device).

This is really far from enough to get anything done in harvest SSF.
The only usable way of harvest is by actively engaging in TFT (VERY time intensive), only there you can get anything done like the stuff in my char that is far from bis mirror tier.

Have a look at the gear Manni and Crouching Tuna managed to make in SSF this league, I think it is a question of game knowledge and time investment and u can make crazy items even in SSF.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/comoestoy/characters?characterName=Hydrascale_Boots

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Crouching_Tuna/characters?characterName=Tuna_LFBrotherhood

Having gone through it to craft my own stuff i am 100% positive that they ADDED harvest to the normal crafting and went with those couple guaranteed crafts.

But harvest doesnt make the entire magic, you still gotta spam those 1500alts to hit tailwind or similar weights, and once regal done you proceed to farm harvest (i repeat 1/20 compared to 1/10 or 1/1 for other encounters) to hit some crafts

Also as mentioned i see nothing wrong at all if someone with is target farming 1k hours haewark region possibly spending 4pts into zana missions, if someone spends 1k+ hours and all maps into one region where is the problem?

For instance I think that valdo harbs and possibly legion or delirium regions are overall better in trade softcore
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Feb 19, 2021, 5:54:16 PM
As far as I understand it Harvest has a 5% base chance to spawn naturally in any region, then Haewark and Proxima bumps that up to 10% and 11% with the Harvest nodes allocated. ANd the way to get mods u want for further crafting also include using all the Harvest reforges acting as natural chaos rolls on items that need rare mods such as Tailwind, no need to use 1500 alts at all to get what u need considering u get maybe 20-30 random reforges you can use everytime you find a Harvest.

Taking the number 1k hours out of thin air to describe what it takes to make a good item is just plain wrong, you probably need more like 60-80 hours of dedicated farming, assuming you have enough game knowledge that is...
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on Feb 19, 2021, 6:45:17 PM
My problem with postings like this is always the personal bias and the standpoint of the author. People tend to argue their personal views instead of actually making points in terms of the effect harvest has on the game. So, lets focus on that for once, shall we?

"
1. The Streamers, 0.1%ers and No-Lifers have way too easy access to mirror tier items (or how Thread Owner put it: "Mirror service gone down in value cause its easy to craft those items").

First of all, that statement is very generic. In some cases that might be right, in other cases it is just simply not true. Just because Items have tags does not mean it is always easy to get the best stuff in like 5ex investment. Pretty well known example are phys weapons where u have multiple physical and/or attack modifiers. Harvest helps of course, but there are still a lot of different mirror-tier items out there that should be copied by mirror.
To attack that statement even further: If that is the case: Why do mirrors go up in price? If mirror-services are not worth it, because it is so easy to produce items, why would people buy them? Is that just market development and people bank them? If someone tells me "Mirror-services are not worth anymore" and the price of the related currency goes up I wonder what he is basing his opinion on.
As a last nail in the coffin: Those aforementioned groups of players always have the best access to the top-gear in the game. All that harvest does is raise the ceiling a bit. It does not change the basic dynamic that time investment and knowledge lead to advantages and it is not wanted nor useful that harvest breaks this process, since it would render learning the game and investing time useless.

"
2. Harvest makes the game too easy

Again, I wonder on what statistical data or argument this is actually based on? As mentioned before: Harvest raises the ceiling. No argument here. But still a big chunk of players are not pushing into t16´s, still a lot haven´t killed Sirus, nor Maven, nor Uber Elder nor any other part of the high endgame content. PoE is one of the very few games I have ever played where Skill plays a tremendous role in terms of effectiveness. We don´t even have to talk about endgame bosses, if good players reach maps on day 1 of the league after 4 hours and the random casual needs 20 hours then this is not due to the so called "no-lifers" having better access to harvest or anything, it´s just plain skill. You can literally equip some random person with 5 mirror gear and he still won´t be nearly as good as a well-experienced and talented player on a 15ex budget in terms of moneymaking, farming and overall efficiency. The idea that harvest somehow makes the game easy totally ignores the basic fact where progress in this game comes from.

"
3. Harvest destroys the economy

Just 2 further points here that count for me:
- First, we had never seen such stable prices from Exalts during a league - stabilizing around 80 with a pretty steep curve 2 weeks in to 100 chaos per ex, now stable on that level for quite a long time. When harvest is destroying the economy I wonder what happened in comparison in Heist, where Exalts dropped down to 19 chaos at some point and chaos-recipe became a good farming method 5 weeks into the league...
- I don´t even deny that Harvest_league itself was over the top. Everyone knows that, ever streamer sais that. Hell, even GGG-Employees literally said they wanted to test the limits with the league. And they did it. But now i´ts a different story: First of all, way lower chance to encounter harvest in general. Second, rng-based what crafts u find. If harvest would be still as OP as OJ states, then all players would only farm haewark or Proxima. This league with the recently revealed new endgame content and the new Watchstones literally show the opposite: MFing in Glennach cairns, Legion-farming in New Vastir, Harbinger-Farming in Valdos Rest, Beast-farming in Lira Arthain, Boss-rotations for feared, 100 deli maps in conjunction with hidden-farming, deep-delving with sulphite substain in proxima... There are SO MANY viable farming-strategies people following right now that it is just ridiculous to state harvest would destroy the economy rather than bringing another element to it.
Here's a thought - Harvest in SSF only - discuss....
"
ohnpeat wrote:
Here's a thought - Harvest in SSF only - discuss....

Harvest in Standard only.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Honestly if you remove or nerf because the "1% crew" abuses, you will be shafting the casual crew too. So why not keep as it's, but make it soul bound, that way the casual people have something to look for on their effort to at least get 1 harvest per week. Yet the "1% crew" that have no live and run like 1k maps per hour, will not be able to abuse the economy anymore (at least not with harvest, since we still have bestiary dupping).
"
Vennto wrote:
My problem with postings like this is always the personal bias and the standpoint of the author. People tend to argue their personal views instead of actually making points in terms of the effect harvest has on the game. So, lets focus on that for once, shall we?

"
1. The Streamers, 0.1%ers and No-Lifers have way too easy access to mirror tier items (or how Thread Owner put it: "Mirror service gone down in value cause its easy to craft those items").

First of all, that statement is very generic. In some cases that might be right, in other cases it is just simply not true. Just because Items have tags does not mean it is always easy to get the best stuff in like 5ex investment. Pretty well known example are phys weapons where u have multiple physical and/or attack modifiers. Harvest helps of course, but there are still a lot of different mirror-tier items out there that should be copied by mirror.
To attack that statement even further: If that is the case: Why do mirrors go up in price? If mirror-services are not worth it, because it is so easy to produce items, why would people buy them? Is that just market development and people bank them? If someone tells me "Mirror-services are not worth anymore" and the price of the related currency goes up I wonder what he is basing his opinion on.
As a last nail in the coffin: Those aforementioned groups of players always have the best access to the top-gear in the game. All that harvest does is raise the ceiling a bit. It does not change the basic dynamic that time investment and knowledge lead to advantages and it is not wanted nor useful that harvest breaks this process, since it would render learning the game and investing time useless.

"
2. Harvest makes the game too easy

Again, I wonder on what statistical data or argument this is actually based on? As mentioned before: Harvest raises the ceiling. No argument here. But still a big chunk of players are not pushing into t16´s, still a lot haven´t killed Sirus, nor Maven, nor Uber Elder nor any other part of the high endgame content. PoE is one of the very few games I have ever played where Skill plays a tremendous role in terms of effectiveness. We don´t even have to talk about endgame bosses, if good players reach maps on day 1 of the league after 4 hours and the random casual needs 20 hours then this is not due to the so called "no-lifers" having better access to harvest or anything, it´s just plain skill. You can literally equip some random person with 5 mirror gear and he still won´t be nearly as good as a well-experienced and talented player on a 15ex budget in terms of moneymaking, farming and overall efficiency. The idea that harvest somehow makes the game easy totally ignores the basic fact where progress in this game comes from.

"
3. Harvest destroys the economy

Just 2 further points here that count for me:
- First, we had never seen such stable prices from Exalts during a league - stabilizing around 80 with a pretty steep curve 2 weeks in to 100 chaos per ex, now stable on that level for quite a long time. When harvest is destroying the economy I wonder what happened in comparison in Heist, where Exalts dropped down to 19 chaos at some point and chaos-recipe became a good farming method 5 weeks into the league...
- I don´t even deny that Harvest_league itself was over the top. Everyone knows that, ever streamer sais that. Hell, even GGG-Employees literally said they wanted to test the limits with the league. And they did it. But now i´ts a different story: First of all, way lower chance to encounter harvest in general. Second, rng-based what crafts u find. If harvest would be still as OP as OJ states, then all players would only farm haewark or Proxima. This league with the recently revealed new endgame content and the new Watchstones literally show the opposite: MFing in Glennach cairns, Legion-farming in New Vastir, Harbinger-Farming in Valdos Rest, Beast-farming in Lira Arthain, Boss-rotations for feared, 100 deli maps in conjunction with hidden-farming, deep-delving with sulphite substain in proxima... There are SO MANY viable farming-strategies people following right now that it is just ridiculous to state harvest would destroy the economy rather than bringing another element to it.

It's nonsense. Guys who own mirror gear are getting richer than ever because you can keep the legacy mods with new sick mods. Like 70 crit damage with +1 gems and such. Only people hurt is already mirrored holders of old crafts. It's still good but not the best you can get.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info