Harvest needs a big nerf for next league.

The only viable solution to mitigate the damage is to make all harvest crafts account bound, including beast crafts. One word to describe PoE: implode.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
I know this thread is kinda old, but I want to express my O P I N I O N.

I'll preface this by saying I'm a terrible player. I've been playing the game on and off since dominus came out, but I am just bad at the game, and I never achieved much, even thought I had a lot of fun with it throughout the years, just trying to complete the campaigns faster, and making my own shitty builds, and so on. So consider that. I'm not the 1% (maybe the 1% at the bottom), far from it. I'm that guy who had maybe 1-3ex to his name at the end of a league. I guess you could say I am a casual.

Harvest feels like shit to me, but I think it's a part of two underlying problems the game has been facing these days.

First of all, I do think the endgame content has been getting too accessible, and I hate that. It feels like I always have amazing items, and that sorta takes away a lot of the magic for me. Allowing everyone to do everything just waters rewards down, and that just doesn't feel good. I am completely in favour of the idea of me not being able to do this or that piece of content because I'm just not good enough / just don't have good gear enough, I think that sort of thing is what gives me real drive to get things done. I remember when I started playing, I didn't see a unique item drop for 1 year. Today, I can open a heist chest and get 3+ (albeit shit ones, but still). I guess unique doesn't mean rare, but still, I hugely prefer the former to the latter.

Secondly, remember when we only had orbs? I think most people would say it was pretty shit, but I actually liked it. I have always found it to be an incredibly elegant system, where you only had a simple(ish) set of rules governing the whole thing. Nowadays we have the crafting table, beastiary, fossils, essences, harvest, to a lesser extent cards and prophecies, and probably one or two more things which I can't remember. I think it's fine if the game wants to move towards a more deterministic kind of crafting, but I think if that's what they want, they should just go all out. Right now it almost feels like we're kind of in a transitioning phase between two systems that don't really feel designed to fit together, like we're in a sort of limbo between the two philosophies.

I don't know how they'd do it, but I think they should just scrap the current orb system, and just give us "proper" crafting. Would that even be POE anymore? I don't know, but what we have right now sure doesn't seem very POE either, if you compare it to what it was, and I'd rather just see the game cut all this stuff and go back to simplicity.

If it were up to me:
1. WAY WAY WAY less rare / unique drops
2. Double ex drop rate
3. Lower the amount of affixes (tiers of affixes, I mean) by making their ranges higher. Determine roll value probability per ilvl. This would have the bonus of adding value to divines too, and would keep stuff balanced.

The game is currently suffering from too-much-stuff-itis, when it comes to crafting.
I wasn't lying

:x
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Rixh1 wrote:
I love this League, overall good job. <-- First of all.

I find Harvest fun, I think it's great. But it is sadly too overpowered.

I think Harvest belongs in the game, but it has to be different.

The fact that 'mirror-service items' has lost its value, since multiple people can 'easily' craft them over time, loses a big part in the game I feel like.

Also just the simple thing, as finding boots with triple t1 res, its just whatever, anyone can fix this at the moment..

This is really sad for me to see, and it ruins a big part of the game for me.

and, instead of sitting here whining or flaming, I think I found a good solution.

What if you capped an item, to maximum have 10 harvest uses on it.
Harvest would still be fun, and would still be value, etc etc..
But it would make it impossible just making everything shiny perfect.

If anyone has good ideas, to nerf Harvest, where it continues to be good/fun, please share:)

I think you're missing the big picture here.
You may enjoy the game that way but I am sure 95% or more percentage of players don't get access to the kind of currency or time to craft 'mirror tier' items without harvest.
I find that a lot of people complaining about harvest making crafting too easy have an Ego fixation on their abilities to craft good items or their ability to quickly get mirrors early and offer services.

That may be one way to play the game but realistically that is not a reality for most.

Enjoying the content and being able to play whatever build you so desire is the big picture and giving availability to the widest number of player base should be the focus.

And so what if someone finds a triple res boots and fixes it with harvest to suit their build? It makes end game builds more available to the largest percentage of players and great crafted gear come down in prices from mirrors down to tens or hundred exalts.
Again. Accessibility, availability for the masses.

Harvest is almost fine as is.
The only change I would think it needs is cutting the spawn rate 25% or removing the harvest passives on atlas so it's normalized across all maps.
Harvest does make the game too easy, it needed this nerf.
So all you really end up having is playing the economy, and plowing maps. And if you want to get anywhere on your character, you are better off mowing monsters down like weeds and just collecting pennies of the ground as fast as possible than any meaningful item hunting.
OP must be happy right now
"
NexiieQT wrote:
OP must be happy right now

He's gonna be able to sell his powerful items for a mirror again, ofc he's happy.

Yeah
sounds like Harvest is gonna be prety close to perfect in the future :)
d:-D*
I disagree as well

We have multiple ways to get a few good rolls on an item alt regals, fossil crafting, essences, chaos spamming, the crafting bench,awakener orbs and now new maven orbs.
However the only way for us to finish a half decent item is buy using exalts or adding an ok at best bench craft.
Harvest allows us to take items with a few good rolls on them and making them into proper 6 affix items.
Is it really that bad that we have easier access to item with t1-t3 mods? And depending on the item itself this can still cost dozens of exalts.
When the game (especially bosses) are so focussed on oneshotting you i'd say having some better gear to help with that is a welcome change (seriously try using maven invitation the feared on a character with budget gear wtf).
Lastly about your mirror argument crafting a jewelled foil with
t0 speed (from essences)
t1 flat phys,
t1 % phys,
t1 phys and speed (warlord mod),
t1 phys and chance to maim (warlord mod),
and t1 crit chance,
all divined perfectly with 30% quality and 3 white sockets is still very much mirror worthy.
Finally it's not like we have a harvest spawn every other map it's 5% chance for crying out loud! Even in the areas where you can augment your atlas to increase this spawn rate it's only 10%. And the augment, remove add, remove mods in these harvests are rare as well with seeds for things like crit and speed only spawning 1-3 seeds at a time.
I farmed harvest a lot this league and have 8 days playtime on my character, i've never gotten a remove add speed and 1 remove add crit.
So my conclusion is simple harvest is a nice improvement to the game giving casual players an easier time to craft gear to be able to do more of the end-game content. It also makes it possible for people that play a lot to get some really nice gear without having to spend hundreds of exalts to get just 1 piece.
Let harvest be it's fine the way it currently is, i'll go even further and ask to let us store 100 crafts instead of 10 so we can keep some random things in there in case we ever need it (like turn cold into fire res for example).
IGN PutzyPS
If u need me for anything u can pm me ingame or send me a private message :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info