Harvest needs a big nerf for next league.

I love this League, overall good job. <-- First of all.

I find Harvest fun, I think it's great. But it is sadly too overpowered.

I think Harvest belongs in the game, but it has to be different.

The fact that 'mirror-service items' has lost its value, since multiple people can 'easily' craft them over time, loses a big part in the game I feel like.

Also just the simple thing, as finding boots with triple t1 res, its just whatever, anyone can fix this at the moment..

This is really sad for me to see, and it ruins a big part of the game for me.

and, instead of sitting here whining or flaming, I think I found a good solution.

What if you capped an item, to maximum have 10 harvest uses on it.
Harvest would still be fun, and would still be value, etc etc..
But it would make it impossible just making everything shiny perfect.

If anyone has good ideas, to nerf Harvest, where it continues to be good/fun, please share:)
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2021, 6:48:22 AM
"
Rixh1 wrote:

The fact that 'mirror-service items' has lost its value, since multiple people can 'easily' craft them over time, loses a big part in the game I feel like.

Also just the simple thing, as finding boots with triple t1 res, its just whatever, anyone can fix this at the moment..

and, instead of sitting here whining or flaming, I think I found a good solution.

If anyone has good ideas, to nerf Harvest, where it continues to be good/fun, please share:)

We can craft items instead of sitting in trade chat flipping currency and items for days just to buy mirror service/said items, and that is somehow bad thing? kek

You can always play ssf.

I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
"
CAKE wrote:
"
Rixh1 wrote:

We can craft items instead of sitting in trade chat flipping currency and items for days just to buy mirror service/said items, and that is somehow bad thing? kek

You can always play ssf.

If you just sit on Forums, to argue, just dont reply please.
You make it sound like you couldn't craft before Harvest???
Cocky lad, get off the PC.
harvest doesn't need nerf. harvest has give to all casual player the chance to do all the content
Hm, I disagree
-as a casual player aswell.

You can easily craft good items without Harvest, to do all content, you disagree?
You mention multiple times that "it ruins the game for me"

Can you explain what is "ruined"?

If I have good boots or am able to fix a great ring that had one bad modifier, how does this impact your experience in the game?

I suppose unless you are a profit managing stock market PoE player, in which case, I cannot feel even remote empathy for you.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
harvest doesn't need nerf. harvest has give to all casual player the chance to do all the content

harvest hasn't done anything for casual players, they won't see enough to craft anything and its unlikely they understand the mod system to begin with.

Think I just hit 150 atlas bonus I've had 5 harvests all league one of which was a press F Oshabi, you can't craft anything with that its the same as always you buy other peoples crafts so supplement the ones you don't get. Exactly the same as it was with prior gearing :p

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
You mention multiple times that "it ruins the game for me"

Can you explain what is "ruined"?

I'm not the OP but it isn't hard to work out that having an item editor in a game 99% drop orientated might not be the best path forward.

there are niche uses where items become more exciting because you know you can fix them, i've got a pair of tri res 30% MS two tones + T1 hybrid for example that i can fix but largely items become this is pointless compared to any harvest piece and it isn't physically possible to actually recreate outside of harvest.

The item odds for crafting in PoE are horrendous like even getting 2 good mods as a pairing usually takes thousands of alts, fossils, chaos spam etc. Even simple harvest crafts run into the tens of thousands for chaos spam to replicate.

So why does it ruin anything? Because the game is based around the former for crafting, not the latter.

Personally it doesn't ruin anything for me I just don't like its implementation, it feels too weak for mid-low tier SSF style play and too strong for no-life / trade magnate.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Feb 5, 2021, 4:59:53 PM
i'd say the biggest issue with harvest is you can trade the crafts. ppl sell crafts they don't wanna use for tons of exalts and then buy what they want. ppl buy the crafts so they can craft what they want and get their mirror tier 6x perfect T1 items, literally on day one

so once again the issue is with trade.

i'll probably only be playing this game SSF from here on out. i hardly trade for things anyway, but i don't like being forced to do content i don't want to do, like delve etc. thats why i haven't played SSF the last cpl leagues.

harvest in general the way it is now is not bad. the good crafts are rare enough you just can't spam an item until its perfect unless you're buying them.
so even though i hated harvest league because it made the game just way to fucking easy, i'd say harvest is fine now as long as you're not interacting with the trade aspect of it.

and if you're not trading for the crafts and you're only mad other people are getting their mirror items etc, then again, trade environment is not for you
I disagree with OP.

I feel that Harvest got nerfed and it changed just enough for it to be in perfect state now.

It doesn't feel that overpowered. It simply guarantees certain effects otherwise obtainable via vanilla orb crafting. Harvest isn't much different from bench crafting anyway.
wraeclast.pl - Polish info hub
Harvest needs to be reworked, yes. It doesn't need to be nerfed, though. Harvest only becomes OP with trading. Trading is the problem.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info