Clarifying the Ascendancy Changes

I just wanna say, both on Reddit and the forums, I think Bex is doing an excellent job.
Reserving my screaming tantrum until I see the patch notes. Impale Champ got nerfed? Did impale gem get buffed? Etc.
I hope GGG also changes the cost to refund Ascendancy passives. Since they are reducing the strength of the Ascendancy minor passives down to the same as regular minor passives, I really hope they wont still cost 5 refund points each.
"
_Mordai_ wrote:
We have to understand this nerfs are necessary.

There are at least 20 people for each of these ascendancy's which got nerfed who abuse the system and have 20 mirror's to spend to make it look so overpowered. Not to mention the can play 18 hours a day.

Casual players which want to enjoy the game without getting one shot every 2 second and want to touch the end game a bit ( which by the way I guess is 90% of PoE players ) are not being considered since they are not streaming or have the currency to spend to make it overpowered.

So lets nerf the game to oblivion so the 0.5% of the player base gets a new challenge and find a new way to abuse the provided system. The need of the few outweighs the need of the many.

For example Minion builds are one of the most played builds in the game ( Checking post counts in the forums ) and they got literally destroyed. I don't know if turning off 30 to 40% of your player base is a good business decision to be honest. I for myself was thinking to come back for this expansion since it looked very promising before the needed nerfs were posted but I am not sure now.

More power to the nerfs!!!

You know that empyrian gaming and the league of extraordinary RMTrs are Rory's favourite kids, right:)?
GGG is just making sure only Cyclone Jugg or SoftCore can clear the upcoming content.
Last edited by Nihimoth on Jan 12, 2021, 3:48:10 PM
This has got to be the most convoluted update/balance notes I’ve ever seen. Who was in charge of these notations? Who approved it? I’m fine with nerfs, mostly welcome them, but when you put them up and try to disguise them as a rework and a buff I think you’re trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

Looks at “Gratuitous Violence” for example

You’ve added 20% more bleed damage. Cool

You’ve removed chance to bleed with attacks, increased damage from ailments and 25% more damage with bleed.

In the end the node is gutted and you couldn’t even be succinct in saying how: -5% more bleed damage, removed chance to bleed with attacks, and removed increased damage to ailments. You deliberately are painting it like the new effect is an upgrade. Mobile games have better standards and patch notes than this.
"
aias87 wrote:
This has got to be the most convoluted update/balance notes I’ve ever seen. Who was in charge of these notations? Who approved it? I’m fine with nerfs, mostly welcome them, but when you put them up and try to disguise them as a rework and a buff I think you’re trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

Looks at “Gratuitous Violence” for example

You’ve added 20% more bleed damage. Cool

You’ve removed chance to bleed with attacks, increased damage from ailments and 25% more damage with bleed.

In the end the node is gutted and you couldn’t even be succinct in saying how: -5% more bleed damage, removed chance to bleed with attacks, and removed increased damage to ailments. You deliberately are painting it like the new effect is an upgrade. Mobile games have better standards and patch notes than this.

Yes!

<Cringe>
The best of it is who will got money on this.
Not GG but currency sellers.
I wrote this before nerfing characters give us only more and more grind to get currency to buy something from other players and economy will go down like Titanic if nerf road will be continued.
Some people which play casual will stop playing after a week maybe 2 after league start and nothing will keep them in game. Sorry this how it works when progresion is not going well because you still dying, people in most case got nervs and leave.
Many people such as other says don't have time to play around 10-12h per day. Playing PoE or other games should be a form of relax not torture.
Ehh its pretty clear that Poison and Bleed were both nerfed on the ascendancy side of things, of course if that power was shifted to the tree it should make those ascendancies less mandatory to build around those ailments.

I like some of the buffs, and am pretty meh around the others. I'm fine with some of the apparent nerfs also, most aren't huge differences. Kinda disappointed Raider didnt get any flat damage type of gains, they only really shine if you stack the shit out of it (late game) currently.

Definitely hyped on Elementalist.
Was: 30% inc damage with bleed, 25% more damage with bleed

Now: 20% more damage with bleed.

Simplified but much more powerful option right here

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info