Clarifying the Ascendancy Changes

pog
"
Shade_RU_N53 wrote:
"
imagine going on the forums and whining, cause you're not satisfied with adjustments. tells a lot about how inadaptive and low one can be!

"
Ambassador wrote:
Imagine getting a perfectly fine running car for FREE, and then complaining to the person that gave it to you, that you hate the colour of it :DD
Right, calling people "low" and making incomparable comparisons will run you a long way, Bex. Relog, BTW, we see you.

:(
"We did not specifically set out to buff or nerf the overall power of most Ascendancy Classes in Echoes of the Atlas. We changed them in a way that we feel is a lot better, and this happens through a series of small nerfs and buffs that should cancel out in terms of power level."

Patient Reaper
No longer grants 50% increased Damage over Time.
Now causes you to recover 3% of Life on Kill (from 2%), 3% of Mana on Kill (from 4%) and 3% of Energy Shield on Kill (from 2%).
I still don't understand why the Tricster lost it's dodge and evasion. For me it was part of the class identity. I think it's quite unjust that the core part of a class got hit instead of the very popular dot builds people played. Don't you think this will have the exact opposite effect of what's written in the manifesto?? Current changes, people will still do the exact same 4 nodes they always with the exact same 4 spells they always use (ca, ed, blight, vortex) and the trickster class no longer has any access to dodge and evade? And less mitigation? For what purpose??
And dont give me the streamline excuse, can see Slayer for example still has variety of small stats, of course you could find a way to implement this organically to other nodes.
This is just a personal grievance in what I perceive as disparity between the stated manifesto goals and and actual impact of the ascendancy changes. Please be more considerate and precise in the future. If you believe certain Assassin and Trickster builds need to be nerfed, for example, state it in there so that we can discuss smart ways to achieve the desired results without hurting the integrity of the classes and other builds.
"
DeLJaDe wrote:
I still don't understand why the Tricster lost it's dodge and evasion. For me it was part of the class identity.
we can discuss smart ways to achieve the desired results without hurting the integrity of the classes and other builds.
What part of Bex can't we understand when she clearly stated that
"
We changed them in a way that we feel is a lot better
?
Just grind up to eternity and wear at least several of player-crafted mirror-tier gear that complements these buffs -- and you'll be good to go. Or better yet, beg GGG to add pay-to-win "microtransations", maybe they'll heed your call and allow you to buy through all that grind.
Those Assassin nerfs are overkill (ALL movement speed removal)
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
"
WaifuJanna wrote:
assassin is fine, just focusing more on crit now.

"
"
spawnas wrote:

Why do you think hes going to instakill you? We don't know anything about how its going to work. Have to wait and see, maybe it wont make much difference.

Because that's what Sirius do. Every frigging time. Over and Over again.

First off, it's Sirus (Cyrus I how I pronounce it), not Sirius.

Second, taking Shaper by example, he was not doing his murderous shaper beam attack, he was throwing some chill flat circles/balls around. It was easily dodgeable. Maybe Sirus will just throw one of his lesser beams or dodgeable rain of stars (you see where they are going to fall before they do). I seriously doubt he will be using his DIE beam.

There is a lot of attacks that he can do that are not one-shot murder. Assuming he will use his insta-death one is being a tad overly dramatic.

Third, yes. Sirus is a hard fight for a lot of people. Lots of mechanics to learn. I've only even been able to kill it twice on my golemancer in 3rd month of Harvest once I had the proper cluster jewels. I have not tried it since then as I took a break during Heist. Nonetheless, the choice to skip is there, as is the choice to try your best and progress a little bit each attempt to eventually beat it. It is frustrating but pwrseverance never killed anyone and that is how you gain better handling of the mechanics and your build too.

I just don't foresee Sirus being that menacing when encountered in conqueror influenced maps.
Last edited by Bellaluna1722 on Jan 14, 2021, 10:24:22 AM
"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:
It is frustrating but pwrseverance never killed anyone

I'm at risk of stroke from high blood pressure, and facing Sirius does that to me.
I don't feel loss aversion - I feel betrayed.

Every league I play minions and necro, but whats the point this time?

Goodbye GGG, I break up.

It's not me, it's you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info