Clarifying the Ascendancy Changes

"
AxlCrius wrote:
"
Ratedetar wrote:
"
These new changes have stripped away a lot of the peripheral minor stats from Ascendancy Classes and have added simplified, but much more powerful, options.

You nerfed juggernaut, a class that was not widely played and added nothing else to it.

They changed it, if you're stacking accuracy for attack speed. You now gain 1% attack speed per 150 acc(down from 200), and gain double the acc equal to strength. I don't see how that is a 100% nerf.

Okay I'll admit I over looked "Gain Accuracy Rating equal to twice your Strength", my bad on that.

It still makes no sense though. That node was good before and doesn't need change. It seems like change for the sake of change. I would of changed unrelenting and unyielding instead.

"
mchlfitz wrote:
I can't believe how everyone's reacting so soon about the ascendency changes without even waiting to see what skills have been buffed. They might find a match to the changes.

*Laughs in Templar*

True, but we're all conditioned to expect hard nerfs every 3-4 months so it's easy to just assume it will be a patch notes full of more nerfs.
Last edited by Ratedetar on Jan 11, 2021, 7:14:57 PM
Excuse me but what changes did the necromancer got?? All i see are nerfs to an already nerfed class (and all minions gems in fact)
it more like a nerf but we didnt see the full path note and tree and gem so i dont care... for now
Hahaha.
So funny....
Why is nobody addressing the elephant in the room?

IE How GGG must have been worried that everyone would go crazy with necro, cyclone and slams and that it would be OP, due to the 'restricted' spaces being allocated for the new league mechanics and the 'encased' area for Maven 'group' boss fights.

Honestly, I have no issue with this, looking at the changes, it looks like they might have actually have done some testing and are making changes to balance with the new league.

The lack of nerf or even slight buff to AoE sizes possible is a pretty clear indicator for this too. Allowing such a spread of AoE looks to be encouragement to use it to think outside of the box a little with skills.

(Honestly I was thinking of ways to go nuts with cyclone or necro before seeing the ascendant stuff. Just mentioned slams cause it looks like they dug into -nerfed- them aswell... lol)

<Added>
With the restricted/enclosed areas and easy AoE, Auras, brands and AoE dots are probably going to be super strong this league regardles....
(Brands....., Clingy totems that fast cast, don't die and can use triggerables..... How is everyone not playing AoE poison stack storm brand already.... lol)
Universal Law - Balance
Last edited by Belurges on Jan 11, 2021, 7:26:38 PM
Oh boy I sure do hope all that power comes in the form of chase uniques.
GGG is the best. No one more politely says, "you are wrong, you just have to think more to see it.".

Much love and thanks for the awesome content, so hyped for launch!!!
These spin jobs are almost more offensive then the over handed nerfs.

Please dont try to tell us that some random, crappy new skill gem or slight buffs to pre-existing skill gems that 1% of players used are going to counter-act destroying almost every ascendancy class.

The fact that the response has been this overwhelmingly negative and that the internet is agreeing on something should tell you that you fkd up.

I havent felt this annoyed since the first beast league notes when you told me I was going to spend the next 3 months not trying to kill monsters......
"
mchlfitz wrote:
I can't believe how everyone's reacting so soon about the ascendency changes without even waiting to see what skills have been buffed. They might find a match to the changes.

*Laughs in Templar*

How is "we will make it up in the skill gems that everyone can use" a replacement for across the board nerfs to ascendancies?

If you want to make the statement that "we want to move the primary focus of the game from your ascendancy to the skill you use" then say that. But just buffing 40 bad skills is not doing that.
sure thing GGG you know my builds better than i do
"
JCOH35 wrote:
These spin jobs are almost more offensive then the over handed nerfs.

Please dont try to tell us that some random, crappy new skill gem or slight buffs to pre-existing skill gems that 1% of players used are going to counter-act destroying almost every ascendancy class.

The fact that the response has been this overwhelmingly negative and that the internet is agreeing on something should tell you that you fkd up.

I havent felt this annoyed since the first beast league notes when you told me I was going to spend the next 3 months not trying to kill monsters......

+484828

The loss aversion statement reaked of condescension.
Last edited by IcedInferno007 on Jan 11, 2021, 7:20:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info