What We're Working On: Heist Week 2

pls just drop the damn talismans.
"
430T wrote:
Can you please give us an explanation or an update on why did you 'kill' the alert from guards mechanic? Yes, the kiting was silly, but it could've been substituted with gaining alert on aggro or over time and in much lower amounts.

This is not in the spirit of GGG to outright 'kill' an entire league mechanic. Many people actually enjoyed sneaking. Yes, sneaking isn't core to an arpg, but this league is the only chance to sneak in PoE we'll EVER get! Why get rid of it so soon!?

If this was removed because of the players that were impatient or bored, then let me tell you: You'll never satisfy that crowd. Judging by the recent comments, you might as well remove locks and doors, and make rogues run straight through the laser traps.

Hope to hear something on this topic soon and I hope you guys can bring the sneaking part back in some form, maybe some sort of heroic mode for heists?

Because you can't implement a sneak mechanic when you have (as an example) auto attacking minions in game.

Also you can't force players into another build which fits the mechanic, when there is a good amount of players enjoying this playstyle.

They could have instead of "killing it", make it so that you could sneak if you want to, and if you get caught the alert level would raise, but if you killed the mobs that raised level would go down again or something like that.
Last edited by sowozup on Sep 29, 2020, 8:05:40 AM
wanna bet?

"Stash Tab Folders and Stash Tab Affinities"

will be sold as poe 2 feature ;)
"
430T wrote:
Can you please give us an explanation or an update on why did you 'kill' the alert from guards mechanic? Yes, the kiting was silly, but it could've been substituted with gaining alert on aggro or over time and in much lower amounts.

Which would take time to develop instead of simply setting the amount gained for killing to 0. Gaining alert on aggro is also not changing anything, it just transfers the gameplay from kite everything to kill everything - so the same we do now, just with less rewards due to the additional alert. But wait, the alert gain for opening chests was changed as well... so in the end, this would make no difference, but would cost development time. And that for a small part of the player base which would like to sneak, with a bigger part of the player base opposed to that idea? Doesn't seem very viable.

"
This is not in the spirit of GGG to outright 'kill' an entire league mechanic. Many people actually enjoyed sneaking. Yes, sneaking isn't core to an arpg, but this league is the only chance to sneak in PoE we'll EVER get! Why get rid of it so soon!?

Sneaking was never the league mechanic. Neither from the design of it nor form how it was played. It sure sounded fun, but the whole league would have had to be designed differently to actually allow it. In the end, what you really did was not go into dead ends, not run left and right but keep to one wall - and if you were really sophisticated you'd incorporate smoke mine and phase run in your build, if you didn't use those anyway.

(And btw: It's not that I disliked the old system, quite the opposite. I just understand why it was not viable to keep it in is current state. Maybe with less overall bugs and issues, things would look differently.)

"
If this was removed because of the players that were impatient or bored, then let me tell you: You'll never satisfy that crowd. Judging by the recent comments, you might as well remove locks and doors, and make rogues run straight through the laser traps.

Hope to hear something on this topic soon and I hope you guys can bring the sneaking part back in some form, maybe some sort of heroic mode for heists?

Again, won't happen. There is no way that additional development time will be used on Heist if not absolutely necessary. Think about it, they try to make up time to get the next league out before Christmas holidays. With all the issues, that might be in jeopardy already. Adding to that now additional time to revamp a league-mechanic that has not gripped the better part of the player base? That would only be feasible if they would push the next league back a whole month, to after Christmas / New Year. And I'd guess that the December league is the most important for GGG as people spend money more freely and also have more time to play, again leading to increased spent. You can't realistically expect that they would just sail through that time with a 3.5 months old league, which probably would have at best 30% of the player base remaining compared to a new league.

Just accept that the league won't make big leaps this time and hope that they will work on it in the background whenever possible, to implement it at a later date as an alternative leveling way.
"
sowozup wrote:
"
430T wrote:

Because you can't implement a sneak mechanic when you have (as an example) auto attacking minions in game.

Also you can't force players into another build which fits the mechanic, when there is a good amount of players enjoying this playstyle.

They could have instead of "killing it", make it so that you could sneak if you want to, and if you get caught the alert level would raise, but if you killed the mobs that raised level would go down again or something like that.

What's interesting is they already have a monster vision/distance mechanic in place. This was heavily abused/discovered when Delve rolled out with a few items. It could function much like that in order to benefit sneaking.

Minions would need something like a support that conceals them or some shit, and then if you're detected, you recall their asses from the nether realm to pop in and defend you. After the battle you hide them somehow, again. You would only use this support in a situation like Heist, much like you really only use block redux support in HoGM.

As far as the patch goes, all good fixes. The league officially launches when this next patch drops, yes? ;)
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Thanks for the long update. I hope this league can recover. Lots of potential and very cool characters that just seems to be pushed/rushed too soon. Outside of heists, I'm having a ton of fun - even without the mirror-tier crafting of harvest.
Why even have the observer towers? And if they are a perception based thing and the perception people can mark things on the map overlay.. why not have the totems marked? And why are they grouped like 8 to one tiny area and then no where else in the zone?
Nothing about them makes any sense.

With visibility in this game being nearly zero anytime there is action, the waves you have planned will likely be easily overlooked as well so it really doesn't sound like a good solution.

Focusing on giving more xp for kills after lockdown? At what point does that stop? Whats to prevent us from just sitting in the lockdown killing monsters endlessly for xp boosting?

Couple ideas that don't sound very well thought out.

Thanks for the rest of it.

/e also thanks for the chuckle of "increase the value of talismans"
Last edited by Caulder10 on Sep 29, 2020, 8:31:49 AM
Some of the rogues keeps staying behind even u order to open the door, u have to go back and take them and order again to open the door, i can name gianna but forgot the others names.
"
There's a problem where returning to the Rogue Harbour can put you into the wrong Harbour, preventing you from returning to your Heist. We attempted to fix it last week but ran into some big problems and had to revert the fix. We have another plan for fixing it which we hope to deploy later this week.

Does that mean that we will be able to teleport back to Harbour with items and return to the Heist afterwards between the wings?
"We aim to fix crashes as soon as possible, prioritising crashes based on how frequently they're occurring and how many players they're affecting"

So I guess the hh crash upon killing a hexproof rare while being cursed with temp chains (does not even need to be selfcurse, 100% crash ratio) won't be fixed for another month?

I can't even play standard without crashing multiple times each map -.-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info