[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

unfortunately means I can't exactly use a -15 chest do you have any other suggestions
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
faytte wrote:
"
Slottm wrote:
My single target seems fine. Is it a little bit slower than other builds? Maybe...but I'm also zooming around maps with a quicksilver and annihilating screens. When I get to a boss, yeah takes a little bit longer, but it's not like anyone has fully optimized gear yet. I beat mastermind today with it (Vrift setup), t15 bosses, etc. The build is awesome so far

I just transitioned out of vrift an hour ago and my damage for single target went absolutely nuts. I'm deleting bosses now. That with being able to run through a heist zoomied up? Yeah, sign me up =)

Curious about vrift. The build doesnt really stack much crit chance or shock chance, so how are you procing shocks with it to make it more effective than say, lionseye glare?

There seems to be some confusion here. We are not inflicting shock by the mean of crit but the chance to shock.

+ Master Alchemist: 20% chance to shock under any flask effect.
+ V-Rift: 10% chance to shock.
-> 30% chance to shock

+ Unbound ailment (20/20): 34% increased effect of non-damaging ailment, i.e. shock, also increase ailment duration, i.e. shock and poison.

Just forget about Lioneye Glare tbh. :)

"
Slottm wrote:

Correct me if im wrong, but while a crit guarantees a shock 100% of the time if you meet the threshold, you can still proc it with a base rate of 10% without? (maybe lower? sorry if I'm remembering wrong) that being said, the build hits a lot quickly (thorn arrows) that could most likely guarantee a shock happening.

Yeah, almost correct. We do have 30% chance to shock thanks to Master Alchemist and V-Rift instead of 10%. The unbound ailment support elevates the effectiveness of shock.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Sep 22, 2020, 7:07:22 PM
"
Dontbejello wrote:
"
WolfieNa wrote:

Update (PoB)

Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain Final End-game:
+ Used for both Elder bow and Voltaxic Rift: https://pastebin.com/f8q2dFhK
+ Non-Harvest crafts.
+ Notes: Items with the name "People's Choice" are economy versions. There are better versions in the drop-down list.
+ Pick your body chest: -mana cost (people's choice ver.), frenzy (best for single target), or explode (best for clear).
+ Supports 2 skills: poison TR or SA.
+ Provides 2 tree setups: one with Iron Reflexes (IR) and one with Acrobatics. If you choose IR tree, swap Flesh and Stone for Herald of Purity. Blind is granted by "Silent Steps" notable. I'd recommend the Acrobatics tree for starter.
+ No Divine Flesh/Darkscorn.
+ Detailed explanation: video.
+ Updated 2020/09/22.

When should we start converting to this tree from v rift build.

Any time you ready. I would start with either the flask cluster + enduring composure combo or the elder bow.
--
ok. thanks for no answers...
will try to figure out by myself
"
RawDamage wrote:
First of all, thank you for great build. No issues at all in heists with this build, very tanky even with mediocre gear and 4k hp!

I've tried craft endgame bow and got this from first try:

Sadly no attack speed, but +1 gems. What do you think, is it usable or I need to recraft it?
Thanks.

edit:
just tested it, seems damage increase is awesome. For mapping I even don't charge scourge arrow, and all screen dies while I running. So I thinking there is not sense for attack speed, because during bossing I can charge it easely(it just additional 0.2sec long standing). Or I mistaken?(still lvl 82 and didn't hit T16 maps)

p.s. also I thinking about "Nature's adrenaline", seems better choice for heist. because all I need is speed to escape fast, and there is no fights, so aliments immunity seems overrated.

Gratz on the bow. I think it is usable for now. Don't throw it away :)

Regarding Nature's Adrenaline, it is powerful in the mid-game, but in the end-game, having elemental immunity from Master Alchemist is crucial for survivability. Ofc you can go with Nature's Adrenaline and grab 3 flasks with freeze/ignite/shock immune, but that alone is a large opportunity cost. Apart from that, you will have high APS in the late game, so a small additional APS from Nature's Adrenaline doesn't justify the ailment immunity cut from Master Alchemist.
--
"
Grizzler wrote:
I'm pretty disappointed with this build. Clear is good, single target is bad.

Gonna have to switch to TR I guess.

It's understandable. It's your call.

Before you leave, I invite you and others to check this testimonial, which was from a fellow who used to hold the similar proposition like yours.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574/page/78#p23369417

"
Kessos wrote:
So I'm now nearing the end of the league for me, today I will get the final challenges(if a delve boss would show its face) to get the portal and then likely quit. Been crafting a bit in the past days with varying luck, and today I crafted my final item: Quiver which marks the end of crafting for me. I'm now sitting at 7124 life with Nature's Patience or around 7400 without (both with 40% fortify effect) and I haven't died in a long time. The damage is respectable, but I did go for a more tanky approach so there is definitely more damage you can squeeze out should you wish.
So here's my final gear, all of it self-crafted(Except the unique ring):
gear

There are many minor things I would like to fix, like the plentiful T2 rolls, temporal chains on gloves(I corrupted nearly 100 Fenumus' without a single despair. I got enfeeble 3 times, every other curse, +1 to gems etc.) and the quite obvious 5-link bow but the build is breezing through even 100% delirious maps.

The build itself definitely lived up to my expectations, even after a rough start, and I'm glad I stuck to it and didn't reroll like I planned to. It's definitely one of the most fun builds I have played and I will miss playing it(as I never play a build twice) and I would like to thank Wolfie for being very active and helpful in the chat as well as for the amazing guide.

I really liked the 36 challenge portal reward, and this build made getting through the endgame to get it a breeze. Clear speed is phenomenal, tankyness is through the roof and Single-target DPS more than good enough.

Overall a very solid build with a very solid guide!

@Kessos: I hope you are OK for me to quote you here. Take care! :)
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Sep 22, 2020, 7:55:43 PM
WolfieNa, what do you think about toxic rain on MI instead of Blast Rain, I just don't like it's fire aesthetics :D
thanks for reply :)
about ailment immunity - you really think this would be helpful in heist?
from my experience, all you need is fast movement, there is no fights at all, just run and collect loot.

p.s. if someone got to the endgame heists, can confirm that fast escape is really nice way to do it?

p.p.s. with much movement speed(+phase run), you can escape in 10-20sec without any troubles.

any thoughts?
Last edited by RawDamage on Sep 22, 2020, 7:56:30 PM
"
RawDamage wrote:
from my experience, all you need is fast movement, there is no fights at all, just run and collect loot.

That's a valid for with regarding to Heist. But I'd argue that in Grand Heist, you don't want to get freeze or shock in your way in/out.

If you want to go fast, I'd like to introduce you to this flashy-dodge combo:
--
alchemists quartz flask is indeed really good, especially with dodge version of the build, hard to get hit

this build is very good in delirium btw, even in low maps, you can already tell its gonna totally wreck 100% delirious, by how easily and safe you can kite gigantic packs of regular delirium encounters

as for damage and how build feels, its important to understand how impactful helm enchant is
its effect isn't limited to only what it says it should do (+1 pod at max stages), it adds 1 pod at all stages, and seems to be adding 1 pod even at 0 stacks. If you tap your attack really fast, as if you were rushing through map, not even getting 1 stack, it will still spawn pod, if you have enchant, vs no pods if you don't. Difference is binary, 0 to 1. Makes huge difference in snappy fast map clear, you can attack and move as fast as possible then.
another thing is 2nd main projectile how it impacts single target damage, but that is underlined in the guide more than enough. If you have enchant + 2 arrows, then it starts to feel really good.

Also one comment about cluster jewels, getting exactly ones listed in guide is big expensive, so it is worth to compromise and swap 1 notable with something else but still good, price drops by factor of 10 then, and power level isn't far off. For large cluster getting unwavering evil is nice, we can even ignore it if we want it always spawns in the middle, so you don't put 2 points in that 8 passive jewel and get efficient 2 sockets out of it along with 2 other premium passives. If you take it it makes us stun immune while using scourge arrow, while channeling, seems rather nice.
For medium jewel I've found that notable eternal suffering is doing good job for clear. Makes all your attacks have chance to stack wither up to 5, and this is a lot of damage, that procs everywhere outside of blast rain area. It is one of those things that makes you feel the difference in clear speed, where other passives technically more powerful are hard to notice outside of pob numbers. Good and cheap option to start with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info