[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

Any budget/leaguestarter PoB ?
"
PapySmoker wrote:
Any budget/leaguestarter PoB ?

Leaguestarter budget is 2ex where 1ex is the cost of an early Darkscorn (it's now 15c).

I'll add a leaguestarter PoB when I'm back from work.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
Uzryan wrote:
Looks like a very good build!

What are your thoughts on replacing blast rain with toxic rain? It would probably be more difficult to maintain 15 wither stacks, but the skill itself has more synergy with the damage scaling on the tree and you get up to 60% less movement on tethered enemies to stack with hinder.

Sounds like a good idea. You could lose some single-target DPS, but the poison DoT and the 60% slow may be useful, esp. in simulacrum where mobs insta jump on you relentlessly.

What would you suggest for the supported gem besides the 3 fixed sockets(MiA, Inc. Duration support, Withering support)? Since Toxic rain doesn't benefit from GMP, should we replace it by Inc. area of effect to increase the overlap?
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on May 4, 2020, 12:34:04 AM
"
WolfieNa wrote:

Sound like a good idea. You could lose some single-target DPS, but the poison DoT and the 60% slow may be useful, esp. in simulacrum where mobs insta jump on you relentlessly.

What would you suggest for the supported gem besides the 3 fixed sockets(MiA, Inc. Duration support, Withering support)? Since Toxic rain doesn't benefit from GMP, should we replace it by Inc. area of effect to increase the overlap?

I'm not sure if the hit portions of toxic rain shotgun, but if they do, it might be worth it to include GMP in the links to stack withering touch faster.

If it doesn't shotgun, it might be better to go the full damage route and link some combination of added chaos/deadly ailments/unbound ailments/void manipulation. There are also utility options such as culling strike, efficacy for more skill effect duration, or inc AoE like you mentioned. For people who can't afford curse on hit gloves, you could also link curse on hit + despair.
"

I'm not sure if the hit portions of toxic rain shotgun, but if they do, it might be worth it to include GMP in the links to stack withering touch faster.

Not shotgunning as expected from a pure Toxic Rain build, but I'd say it's doing a good job clearing Simulacrum wave18-20 mobs together with the main SA.

This is a variant PoB (link, link-DivineFlesh) for that if anyone wants to try it out. I'll up a video sometime later on.

"

If it doesn't shotgun, it might be better to go the full damage route and link some combination of added chaos/deadly ailments/unbound ailments/void manipulation. There are also utility options such as culling strike, efficacy for more skill effect duration, or inc AoE like you mentioned. For people who can't afford curse on hit gloves, you could also link curse on hit + despair.

I think we should avoid the route of pure DPS for this MiA setup. We would approach the Jack of all trade territory if we do so.

Edit: PoB link.
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on May 4, 2020, 12:48:28 PM
How necessary is the SA helm enchant? It doesn't seem like you fully charge you SA very often.
"
Chazua wrote:
How necessary is the SA helm enchant? It doesn't seem like you fully charge you SA very often.

It's totally bis and a must have because it actually drops 2 spores with 1 click, instead of just one.
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
"
Kiri2k wrote:
"
Chazua wrote:

It's totally bis and a must have because it actually drops 2 spores with 1 click, instead of just one.

Just want to add to Kiri2k's already correct answer.

Here is the table of increased pods' thorn damage from the helm enchant:

Ch. stage....Num pods....Increased thorn DPS
1................2...............100% more
2................3...............50% more
3................4...............33% more
4................5...............25% more
5................6...............20% more

(the helm enchant adds an additional pod to your scourge arrow from stage 1.)

As you can see, the less time you channel the SA the higher proportion the helm enchant contributes to your total thorn DPS. So if you'd like the gatling-gun style with one-stage SA (as shown in my video), definitely get that helm enchant. If you'd like to have 20% more thorn DPS at stage 5, get that helm enchant.

Edit: what I said above was intended for min-maxing at the end-game. If you are leveling up or doing up to yellow/red maps, don't worry about the helm enchant. Its only purpose is to give you a DPS boost, and it's not a build-enable kind of thing.
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 22, 2020, 12:55:15 AM
Loving the build, I tried to make a Burning Arrow PF and it was failing miserably even with 40ex in it. Saved my season. I wanted to talk your gloves, the one's you have don't exist anywhere on poe.trade or path/trade so I got it on a sub par ring. Don't love that but I saw other gloves with it, worth pursuing rares or is the chaos damage from Fenumus worth it over say a rare with the enchant and Chaos over time multi?

IGN: Bonered
"
Ghostboner wrote:
Loving the build, I tried to make a Burning Arrow PF and it was failing miserably even with 40ex in it. Saved my season. I wanted to talk your gloves, the one's you have don't exist anywhere on poe.trade or path/trade so I got it on a sub par ring. Don't love that but I saw other gloves with it, worth pursuing rares or is the chaos damage from Fenumus worth it over say a rare with the enchant and Chaos over time multi?

Glad that you like it. :)

Regarding gloves, it's absolutely not necessary to have a Fenumus' gloves with despair on hit corruption. Before we talk about alternatives, let's discuss the mods on this gloves:

+ Aspect of the spider:
Hinder enemies (-30% movespeed) - work greats for the build defensively. It also synergizes well with the offensive cluster jewel we have (Hindered enemies take 10% increased chaos damage).
--> should have.

+ (40-60)% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments against Enemies affected by 3 Spider's Webs:
This sounds great on paper. However, having 3 spider's web on a target is hard practically. On mobs, you prolly kill them in about 1 sec as soon as they make their existence known (you should kill them ASAP or risk taking large chunks of DPS from them). On bosses, it's only applicable for those that stand around for an extended period of time such as Metamorph, guardians, or Sirus when he's doing his clone beaming, etc..
--> absolutely not necessary to have.

+ chaos damage per spider's web:
--> contingent with the number of webs again. So, it's good to have but not necessary since it's not very practical in mapping.

+ (6-9)% increased Attack and Cast Speed:
--> always good to have more AS.

+ (40-50) raw life:
--> this is equal to a T5 life roll on a pair of rare gloves.

With that in mind, a good alternative rare gloves would have the following mods:

+ [prefix] T1 life roll.
+ [prefix] Increased Duration of Ailments on Enemies (Hunter's) [optional].
+ [suffix] An empty suffix to beast-craft Aspect of the Spider.
+ [suffix] Chaos Dot multiplier (Hunter's).
+ [suffix] Attack speed or a good elemental resist roll.

I'd suggest a good offensive enchant on this gloves such as commandment of Fury that'd deal ~400K sirus damage (not DPS).

These gloves and a ring that has despair on hit will work just fine for the build.

Alternative 2: embalmer with despair on hit corruption is also good. But I know all these despair-on-hit corrupted gloves are in high demand recently.

Alternative 3: just get the Fenumus' gloves without the corruption, and get despair on hit on a ring (probably what's you are doing right now). Most of the gears in my build are not best in slot, so there is no need to worry all too much about big performance drop if you have to change one of them.

Cheers
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on May 9, 2020, 3:46:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info