[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

"
pandadarren wrote:
hi, just want to check. is infused channeling really better? i just realize that i usually reach 5 pods before infused is out and i don't really get the infusion, which makes it kinda lower damage?

So here's how infused channelling works:
1. Channel SA to full 5 stage.
2. Keep pressing the channeling button, i.e. SA, for the next "infusion delay" seconds for infused effect to kick in. At level 1/0 the infusion delay is about 1.6 sec iirc.

Therefore, you only gain the full advantage of the support gem with a 20/20 gem, which reduces the infusion delay to ~0.6 sec. Furthermore you need fast APS to shorten the required time to 5-stage SA.

Before reaching that, it'd probably better to keep Infused channelling on the swap/leveling-up weapon.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
WolfieNa wrote:
"
pandadarren wrote:
hi, just want to check. is infused channeling really better? i just realize that i usually reach 5 pods before infused is out and i don't really get the infusion, which makes it kinda lower damage?

So here's how infused channelling works:
1. Channel SA to full 5 stage.
2. Keep pressing the channeling button, i.e. SA, for the next "infusion delay" seconds for infused effect to kick in. At level 1/0 the infusion delay is about 1.6 sec iirc.

Therefore, you only gain the full advantage of the support gem with a 20/20 gem, which reduces the infusion delay to ~0.6 sec. Furthermore you need fast APS to shorten the required time to 5-stage SA.

Before reaching that, it'd probably better to keep Infused channelling on the swap/leveling-up weapon.

Are there any good blue support to use instead of Infused channeling in the meantime? (If I don't want to spoil my 3G3B coloring)

Also, Divergent Lesser Poison can be a good alternative too, for the last green gem in the Voltaxic Rift setup. Faster attacks doesn't feel that much better for me, like only 0,1-0,2 sec difference in getting to 5-stage.
Last edited by sirdond on Sep 22, 2020, 4:08:16 AM
Have you thought about str stacking with replica alberons warpath? 1-80 chaos dmg per 50 str
I don't see the pob for the final build with the cluster jewels. When is it a good time to go into the cluster jewels or do I have to use v rift up to 85 before any change? Can I get the pob with the clusters so I can start working on upgrades?
Good morning all - wanted to share some tips I found for those struggling:

For single target, make sure you're lining up your pods on the monster, with +1 arrow, its easy to stand next to it, charge and release (or charge and dash opposite, rinse and repeat) For no +1, try to just make sure as many pods hit as you can while kiting.

Hit accuracy - this one hits harder than you might think. Until your gear can account for it, it may be wise to put 3 points into acuity. This is a rather large boost if you aren't hit capped as it provides attack speed and accuracy.

Also make sure your poison hit chance is hitting 100% with HOaG, which means you may need chance to poison and hit multiplier (toxic strikes) and poison chance (fatal toxins) which aren't present in all POBs

For the quiver, a lot were up for sale for quite a bit of money. It was brought to my attention that it's fairly simple to craft one with some alt orbs and a shaper 80+ base
Question: Why no mirage archer support? Isn't it pretty amazing for Scourge Arrow?
"
faytte wrote:
Question: Why no mirage archer support? Isn't it pretty amazing for Scourge Arrow?

Because Blast Rain + Withering touch + MiA is more awesome. :)
--
Got a decent bow I think? Should I continue to try to craft a better one with more attack speed?

Update (PoB)

Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain Final End-game:
+ Used for both Elder bow and Voltaxic Rift: https://pastebin.com/f8q2dFhK
+ Non-Harvest crafts.
+ Notes: Items with the name "People's Choice" are economy versions. There are better versions in the drop-down list.
+ Pick your body chest: -mana cost (people's choice ver.), frenzy (best for single target), or explode (best for clear).
+ Supports 2 skills: poison TR or SA.
+ Provides 2 tree setups: one with Iron Reflexes (IR) and one with Acrobatics. If you choose IR tree, swap Flesh and Stone for Herald of Purity. Blind is granted by "Silent Steps" notable. I'd recommend the Acrobatics tree for starter.
+ No Divine Flesh/Darkscorn.
+ Detailed explanation: video.
+ Updated 2020/09/22.
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Sep 22, 2020, 1:50:07 PM
Giving this a go as my league starter and nearing 90 with okay gear so far, couple questions.

Does the damage ever pick up enough that you can reliably full clear legions or does it struggle to kill the rares and generals fast enough even at the final stages of the build? always feels bad if I miss legion loot.

Would plague bearer fit into this build to help with single target? I've never used it before but it seems a fit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info