Changes to the Atlas of Worlds in Path of Exile: Delirium

"Otherwise, all of the bonuses that Awakening Levels grant remain as is"\

Does this mean standard league retains the current bonus objective number for the atlas?I got to 150 2 days ago...Pls don't make me do it again.
"
We'll also be removing the "x% chance for Maps to drop one tier higher" bonus from Awakening Bonus Objectives.

Wut!!!

Was this message supposed to come with a complimentary tub of lube?, i didn't get mine.

Yeah this league is already looking borked, I don't have the time to waste grinding out an atlas for maps that just don't drop. Looks like It'll be another 7-10 day season to get 12/12 then GTFO ([ggg] and take your stinking money with you, we didn't even want you to buy a supporter pack). Well ok then, done.
Last edited by buildsinfo on Mar 1, 2020, 6:06:55 PM
It is with the smallest of words that we find the largest of truths.
And what a truth I did find within these words,

"We'll also be removing the "x% chance for Maps to drop one tier higher" bonus from Awakening Bonus Objectives."

There is no right or wrong choice, no best or worst. There are only choices and their consequences.
You believe that your genius knows no limits, that the power of the world lies upon your hands, but you are mortal and therefore mistaken. Never forget the most important lesson the Vaal taught us, NOTHING is eternal. Your time nears its end. Your customers are revolting as a consequence of this change. A ruler is only as powerful as he is wealthy. Control the coin, control the empire. Lose the coin...
Last edited by subjectk on Mar 1, 2020, 6:03:01 PM
Ok, so completing a map in standard has the same old effect it used to, but there is a more important question. What about the watchstones? Will standard league players be forced to waste their time in low tier maps just to unlock all their watchstones again?

With so many T16 maps now, doing a T16 to unlock <=T15 is cool, but I assume like last time this also means that standard league characters are going to have to regrind all their awakening bonuses as well? That would suck and be a huge waste of time.

The removal of the maps drop 1 tier higher bonus is disappointing. I really enjoyed being able to sustain T14+ maps as well as we were.

Lastly, not being able to unshape a map is annoying as hell. Now if you don't want a map on your atlas you have to just never run it or you're fucked until the next patch.
So am I correct in assuming that this is basically saying "To spawn Sirus, you now have to complete an absolute minimum of 24 maps, however, it will probably be around 40"?
aaaand RIP Red Map sustain.
I apologize if this has already been brought up, but my reservation about moving increased map mod effect to Awakened bonus objectives is that there's no longer any way to turn it off. If e.g. I'm running an Ailment build, and I want to run a "90% chance to avoid Ailments" map (which would become 100% at A4), I can unsocket Watchstones to back down to A0 and potentially push through it. Once Awakening levels become permanent, this is no longer possible and the map becomes build-blocking when it otherwise wouldn't be.
"
Lastly, not being able to unshape a map is annoying as hell. Now if you don't want a map on your atlas you have to just never run it or you're fucked until the next patch.
I'm pretty sure the Conquerors-era Atlas works the opposite way, where incomplete maps are more likely to drop. So unshaping a map would make it drop more often, and lead to target farming of desirable maps which would destroy their value etc. etc.
Last edited by ekaye on Mar 1, 2020, 6:10:55 PM
imagine seeing your community enjoy the higher tier map drops and then promptly removing them.

Are you guys stupid? Genuine question here.
(This is a buff)
If you fix Alva's and Delve temples map drops , Im ok with the changes(there is like a sinergy on those changes). But I'm farming Alva and Delve at monster ilvl 83 every league. It doesnt bother me at all that currently high tier map are easily sustained and I can see why are so many people upset about the changes.
If you dont fix Alva and delve temples(or new league mechanics drops a lot of maps), then the changes are absolutely awful , its like you are punishing everyone just because.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info