69 rEmOvE tHiS sEctIoN BalD ChRiS 69

"
Demonoz wrote:
"
carpesangrea wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:

It not only has a visual queue with him raising his hands in the air going into it

That's great if you are in his face and can see him do it.

Again the audio queue gives more than enough to avoid it consistently every time.

I'm not super experienced so maybe I'm missing something, but what good is an audio or visual que if the attack can't be dodged? On necro I do nothing but run circles around him constantly yet the beam instantly gibs me anyway. It just appears right in your face no matter what.
Last edited by Breaghdragon on Jan 12, 2020, 3:50:18 PM
"
herflik wrote:

1) The developer creating an attack knowns and plans how strong it should be, I doubt its "lets blindly put a number into this attack and see how people react". So the developer could simply mark it as a cathegory. Or saying other way - like every freaking game in history that did it with no problem at all?

You're not reading my post so I will write it big:
THERE ARE MANY BUILDS, HUNDREDS, EACH OF THEM HAVE DIFFERENT LAYERS OF DEFENCE. ONE HAVE 90%+ FIRE RESISTANCE, OTHER ONE HAVE 30K OF ES. SOME ATTACK WILL BE TRIVIAL TO ONE BUILD AND LETHAL TO GLASS CANNONS. HOW THE HELL YOU WANT ANYONE TO PREDICT ALL OF THEM AND COLOR ATTACKS FOR ALL VARIANTS?

I don't know any other game that do such a thing. Diablo 2, Diablo 3, Grim Dawn, Torchlight - none of them had anything you're talking about, so please, share us the titles that color monster attack based on how much % dmg it will do to your build (with more than 20 builds).

"
herflik wrote:

2)The game calculate all damage you take, so it could calculate it seperate for your build with no problem. Ofcourse I would go the simple way of number 1 solution, since this would double the amount of your process load due to dmg calculation.

GGG already sayed that dmg log would be too much, and you want to double the math all the time too.

"
Breaghdragon wrote:

I'm not super experienced so maybe I'm missing something, but what good is an audio or visual que if the attack can't be dodged? On necro I do nothing but run circles around him constantly yet the beam instantly gibs me anyway. It just appears right in your face no matter what.

Check your running speed, are you chilled or stunned. Remember - more further you are, smaller is the angle you travel each second. Meat Shield on minions will help you (taunt) - Sirus will often cast beam on minions. Also, remember that beam in p3 apply corrupted blood, so it kills very fast - jewel with corrupted blood immunity is very nice to prevent tons of dmg.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Jan 12, 2020, 4:31:55 PM
"
Nomancs wrote:
THERE ARE MANY BUILDS, HUNDREDS, EACH OF THEM HAVE DIFFERENT LAYERS OF DEFENCE. ONE HAVE 90%+ FIRE RESISTANCE, OTHER ONE HAVE 30K OF ES. SOME ATTACK WILL BE TRIVIAL TO ONE BUILD AND LETHAL TO GLASS CANNONS. HOW THE HELL YOU WANT ANYONE TO PREDICT ALL OF THEM AND COLOR ATTACKS FOR ALL VARIANTS?

Dude, c'mon this is not needed. Just make the boss red when he started to attack with his heavy or orange with little heavy one or something. The calculation is not needed. So, we can know when the boss is red, it will do its highest possible damage. So, dodging or not will be your choice.
"
Ishid4 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

Dude, c'mon this is not needed. Just make the boss red when he started to attack with his heavy or orange with little heavy one or something. The calculation is not needed. So, we can know when the boss is red, it will do its highest possible damage. So, dodging or not will be your choice.

-_- every boss have special animations for it already

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
Ishid4 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

Sorry, didn't notice single one in 5 mil particles. Dude, are you a dev of PoE? Tell me the truth lol.

Btw, I'm still defending my opinion. There should be one-hit prevention lol or I would be really appreciated, the damage/death log.
Main problem for me is: Consistency

For example:
-Boss/super strong enemies should always be easy to see in battle.
-Heavy attacks should always be slow & well-defined.

From my current experiance, if many enemies in area - I got no idea who the boss even is. Also, many attacks makes 0 sense to me e.g catarina fight. Furthermore, the immunity to everything phase when you can't even kill boss is poorly done on all of them.
This post will never die until GGG's comment or ban. Day #4

"
Niiyos wrote:

For example:

From my current experiance, if many enemies in area - I got no idea who the boss even is. Also, many attacks makes 0 sense to me e.g catarina fight. Furthermore, the immunity to everything phase when you can't even kill boss is poorly done on all of them.

Yea, that's also right. Even the first time I play this game, I couldn't choose which one is the boss. HP bars, a boss icon on the radar and well-designed attack indicators would be great.
"
Ishid4 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

Sorry, didn't notice single one in 5 mil particles. Dude, are you a dev of PoE? Tell me the truth lol.

Btw, I'm still defending my opinion. There should be one-hit prevention lol or I would be really appreciated, the damage/death log.

That is the biggest lie I've read this year - bosses big hits are hard to miss, and as someone already wrote, many of them have audio warning.
I'm ok with dmg log, but I'm not sure if I will play PoE if it will require monthly subscription fee.

"
Niiyos wrote:

For example:

They are. And pro tip - if you don't want fast monsters attacks, don't roll attack/cast speed mods on map, or speed parts on metamorphs. Reading will give you A LOT of informations about what you can expect.

This post will never die until GGG's comment or ban. Day #5
This game had already become far too easy before this league. A joke compared to it's early days.

This had one major benefit and disadvantage.

The benefit was that any build would function reasonably. Obv some far better than others but essentially a bad build could finish the game.

The disadvantage was that outside that first push the game lost interest quickly for lack of any thrill or intrinsic reward esp if you played a good build.

Not saying things are perfect. In particular front-loaded builds are at a disadvantage compared to degen / DoT builds just due to how much avoidance is required. it's harder to get hits in.

I did an 8 mod double beyond Basilica yesterday and it was one of the biggest unexpected thrills I've had playing this game in a while. For reference that's T16 Innocence. I'm fighting Innocence. No big deal. Then add phase comes and I spawn a Beyond Boss from it. Add phase again and 2 more Beyond Bosses. That fight turned into a total %^*& show and I loved it.

Best part is I chose that. I went in with a Sextant Beyond mod. I went in an 8 mod map with another beyond mod. I chose T16. Every bit of that was my own doing.

Point is now... If you get one-shot maybe you don't have the gear and/or build required to be doing what you're trying to do. Throttle it back some. This League has a much longer gear progression.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info