69 rEmOvE tHiS sEctIoN BalD ChRiS 69

One-Hit Death Mega Thread

THIS IS IMPORTANT!
BE AWARE! 69 days passed, I didn't see any GGG activity in this "Feedback and Suggestions" section except some interns. I think they don't look at here or just ignore. If you want them to hear you or have a suggestion, use Reddit instead.

Hello,
I'm suggesting, Only with Red circle area indicated skills should one-hit, and other ones hit like 99% to our hp or something. Something like one-hit prevention.

If this is not possible, then;

1- Death/Combat/Damage log
2- Lower exp penalty
3- Give players more HP possibility
4- Change the resistances max limit
5- Levels also give stats

Edit:

If GGG is reading this, I'm challenging them to a gameplay walkthrough. They should choose a developer and let him play to the Sirus in Hardcore SSF, and she/he must do map's Metamorph. At least, they can understand players this way and they can see what's wrong and what's not. I think current PoE, isn't for newbies and doesn't know to play games before.

Edit 2:

Some hot_penetration_one_hit_720p videos. Thanks to:
"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYd4j2yy1Ic

"
Oblitus wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ernw5r/270k_hp_and_one_shot/

Edit 3:

Spoiler
"
Turtledove wrote:
Nice thread, I'm not sure how to fix it but I think something should be done. It happens especially on evasion builds. The side of the skill tree with fewer life nodes and less damage reduction nodes. Almost invariably, when I go back to that spot the monster pack that had just killed the character is dispensed with in moments with little damage being taken. My assumption is that it's usually critical strike related? It's been suggested hundreds of times but a death report detailing the final blows would be very helpful, I think? (I'll guess the technical challenges to a final blows death report must be very large?)

I recognize that an evasion build is generally going to be distanced from the fray. When playing it's safest to always run away and then pick off the monster pack from a distance. That's what I do when I'm getting close to leveling up or playing an especially difficult map. So, it would probably be fair to argue that my own impatience is a factor in this case though?

Yea, something should be done. One-hit deaths are inevitable. I'm suggesting damage input-output log and secondly, one-hit prevention. But, someone didn't like the one-hit prevention because players may abuse it. I'm a programmer and I can tell It must be easy to write a bug-free one-hit prevention system and also, I don't know why did they not add a damage log to the game. It's the easiest one lol. I just can guess why there is no damage log. If there is a damage log, players will see and say something like "OMGH THAT MONSTER HIT ME 150K, THIS IS SO UNBALANCED". This is my opinion btw.

Edit 4:

This post will never die until GGG's comment or ban. Day #69
Last edited by Ishid4 on Mar 17, 2020, 7:01:27 AM
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2020, 9:59:35 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
No.. theres already way too much visual clutter in the game now to see most of the visual queues that are already there to indicate those one shots. Every single one shot ability bosses have in the game is already telegraphed. And now the new bosses all have audio queues as well to indicate certain one shot abilities.

If anything thats the only thing they need to add is more audio queues to the already telegraphed one shots. That would do a hell of a lot more than red shit flashing we wont be able to see anyway or will obscure even more of our visibility.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
No.. theres already way too much visual clutter in the game now to see most of the visual queues that are already there to indicate those one shots. Every single one shot ability bosses have in the game is already telegraphed. And now the new bosses all have audio queues as well to indicate certain one shot abilities.

If anything thats the only thing they need to add is more audio queues to the already telegraphed one shots. That would do a hell of a lot more than red shit flashing we wont be able to see anyway or will obscure even more of our visibility.

I mean, Example In the red map, a common monster can one-hit to 3k HP player. I don't want to this happen. We should be live after that 'a common monster's' fatal damage.
"
Ishid4 wrote:
"

I mean, Example In the red map, a common monster can one-hit to 3k HP player. I don't want to this happen. We should be live after that 'a common monster's' fatal damage.

Red map with 3k hp? And complaining about one shot. smh
"
Demonoz wrote:

Agree, ideally they would need to sort all that graphical crap out and make proper readable encounters, but I'm afraid this might just never happen as they do not seem capable of providing fair fights/encounters anymore.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"

Did you read the 'Example' part of my comment? I hope you die a lot with one-hits exile!

We can not see our death summary because of server costs, at least let us not die from one-hits.
"
Ishid4 wrote:
"

Did you read the 'Example' part of my comment? I hope you die a lot with one-hits exile!

We can not see our death summary because of server costs, at least let us not die from one-hits.

I cannot talk about metamorphs because some things seem ridiculously out of balance with those things, but else ... if you get instantly killed by something not telegraphed .... it probably means that your character is not good enough to tackle the content you're tackling, simple as that.

Which should bring you back to the drawing board, to try to improve the character.

PS : I'm pretty sure that most of the time, those "one-hit" situations many are talking about are not actually one-hit-KO things but there are several hits involved in the death of the character.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
those "one-hit" situations many are talking about are not actually one-hit-KO things but there are several hits involved in the death of the character.

Which we can not properly see them because of shitty programming.. Example: https://www.twitch.tv/quin69/clip/CharmingLazyKuduDoggo

This game is running like 2x-3x speed in Diablo, which you can die a lot from anything in 1 sec. I'm suggesting 1 hit prevention because of this.

I'm not playing Dark Souls, I'm playing an Action RPG which I want to enjoy from killing monsters etc., not dying to them with one-hit lol Am I wrong?
Last edited by Ishid4 on Jan 10, 2020, 4:29:43 AM
"
Ishid4 wrote:
This game is running like 2x-3x speed in Diablo, which you can die a lot from anything in 1 sec. I'm suggesting 1 hit prevention because of this.

I just told you that one hit prevention will do nothing in the many (most?) cases when it isn't a one-hit that kills the character.

"
Ishid4 wrote:
I'm not playing Dark Souls, I'm playing an Action RPG which I want to enjoy from killing monsters etc., not dying to them with one-hit lol Am I wrong?

Arguably yes, you're suggesting that there should not be situations that are just simply too brutal for your character to deal with, I disagree with that.

The game's overal visibility is another issue, the screen clutter is disgusting alright, but this is a thing that just needs to be addressed at some point honestly.

"
Fruz wrote:
I cannot talk about metamorphs because some things seem ridiculously out of balance with those things

Not sure if you just missed that part, I'm quoting it just in case.
Last edited by Fruz on Jan 10, 2020, 4:37:22 AM
"
Not sure if you just missed that part, I'm quoting it just in case.

Ya, I wanted to mention that as an example of shitty programming.

"
I just told you that one hit prevention will do nothing in the many (most?) cases when it isn't a one-hit that kills the character.

And, yea this one is another shitty programming mistake. Millions of electric balls coming towards you, the Frame rate is going to deep, and you are dying instantly from millions of electric balls. Yea, This is it too.

I think the problem is developers are ACTUALLY trying to kill players. I think they're enjoying it when they kill a player. Think about Sirus and metamorph, they're both new released and both unbalanced shts. They can both insta-kill you, I don't think they ACTUALLY tested and played with them before releasing. And I think this is the main problem with them.

I'm still sustaining my opinion. If they can not provide a death summary, One-hit prevention should be in this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info