69 rEmOvE tHiS sEctIoN BalD ChRiS 69

"
koszmarnica wrote:
Standard players have weaker knowledge from hardcore players, and this is very comforting that someone can't do at standard what on hardcore I can :).

You talked about nature, this is how nature works. If new players could learn faster than a 7-year-old player, that would make you an autistic or something.

And, I guess you're playing as a necromancer.
Last edited by Ishid4 on Jan 12, 2020, 5:56:17 AM
Im in no position to talk i play only softcore, and do not like to play "flavor of the month" builds in game about DIY characters (because i would die of boredom) but hey...
Everyone saying your build cant play the content does no help to anyone. Its game with freedom to make build that suits to you, if you need to build into dwindling amount of builds, then the basic concept of this game failed. If homebrew builds -even if you do decent job on it- cant access 15-25% of content, that is bad design.
I like the challenge i have in this game, that is why i return. But this game isnt Dark Souls, dont have the player options of Dark Souls, and never will, simply by design, to the point where comparsion is impossible. Thats is why for normal players like me, each dificulty adjustment made for the copypasta top5% makes the game less and less enjoyable every time new adjustment rolls out.
Give me challenge, make me struggle in late game, let me fight boss for 20 min, fatrolling on the floor, chiping away his HP bar, and die to mistakes in timing, because i didnt min/maxed, i like that. But outright killing toon in visual clusterf**k because, why not right... No, that is not ok, that is not Git Gut worthy thing.

I do agree we need one of the devs play the game up to the maps with homebrew on strimm. (and no PoB, or pen and paper building, that would be cheating), and see how would they fare
"
Ishid4 wrote:

You talked about nature, this is how nature works. If new players could learn faster than a 7-year-old player, that would make you an autistic or something.

And, I guess you're playing as a necromancer.

I play Trickster
And say again there is no one shot even two shots.
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
Last edited by koszmarnica on Jan 12, 2020, 7:51:47 AM
The game need much better indicators for enemy attacks.

Someone saying that enemies have wind-up animations and play some sounds is really bad idea. Why? Simply because there will be 4000 different hints and people don't have time to learn them. They will die in most cases before they learn it with is not how the game should be played.

Hints should be always simple and similar to each other, so player know instantly what is going on and not quessing if something is dangerous and require his or her focus or is just simple animation like thousands of others.

For example Terra Online did it well, every heavy hiting attack made monster eyes blink in bright red colour. No matter the monster, it was always the same hint and you knew instantly what was going on.

There is simple solution in POE:
- weak attack - any animation you want except orange and red
- orange attack - heavy hiting ones
- red attacks - deadly as fck
Additionaly add to them priority, red ones will be always shown above all others, so no matter the clutter on screen you will always see the most important bits.

"
Aismoon wrote:
If homebrew builds -even if you do decent job on it- cant access 15-25% of content, that is bad design.

Decent "homebrew" build can do all game content. 99% PoE players have absolutely no idea how to make a decent build, but they think they do.

"
Aismoon wrote:
Thats is why for normal players like me [...]
Give me challenge, make me struggle in late game, let me fight boss for 20 min, fatrolling on the floor, chiping away his HP bar, and die to mistakes in timing, because i didnt min/maxed, i like that.

I'm also a normal player and I think game is still too easy. GGG give us challenge!

"
Aismoon wrote:
I do agree we need one of the devs play the game up to the maps with homebrew on strimm. (and no PoB, or pen and paper building, that would be cheating), and see how would they fare

Why not with blindfold and without hands? If you can't use PoB it doesn't mean anyone else can.

I'm average player, but I know what can kill me (do you know that shocking ground increase dmg taken?) and I know how to avoid it.

"
herflik wrote:

How do you want to calculate what is deadly? for me 10k hit is not even near deadly. I have 80% phys dmg reduction from armour and nearly 17k ES so how the game will calculate it for me? None of the Sirus attacks can bring me below 50%.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
koszmarnica wrote:
I play Trickster
And say again there is no one shot even two shots.

Repeat after me one-hit is real, one-hit is real. Watch this: Quin got penetrated with one-hit from furious metamorph

"
herflik wrote:
Additionaly add to them priority, red ones will be always shown above all others, so no matter the clutter on screen you will always see the most important bits.

This is really a nice idea! At least, this can help to new players.

"
Nomancs wrote:
How do you want to calculate what is deadly? for me 10k hit is not even near deadly. I have 80% phys dmg reduction from armour and nearly 17k ES so how the game will calculate it for me? None of the Sirus attacks can bring me below 50%.

But, for everyone, Sirus' beams are deadly and they already telegraphed. We can say it as "deadly". And, about you, you're staying behind your minions and even with a tanky build. Of course, you will not die. Of course, you will not struggle with anything in PoE because you're playing since 2012. Of course, you won't understand what I say.
"
Ishid4 wrote:
Of course, you will not struggle with anything in PoE because you're playing since 2012. Of course, you won't understand what I say.

I do understand what you say, the thing is - you don't want to understand what I'm telling you, and that you're wrong.

You still don't understand that you're playing glasscannon with low hp (even for glascannons it is low). You don't want to admit, that there are plenty of builds that have 10-20x more defence thay your build, and you don't understand that each of them would have to be calculated separately for "weak attack - any animation you want except orange and red/orange attack - heavy hiting ones/red attacks - deadly as fck". That is a real mess to code. Death immunity - you must know that it will break the game, trivialize it (more than logout macro - and plenty of people already hate this cheat), but for some reason you don't want to admit it.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:

You still don't understand ...that there are plenty of builds that have 10-20x more defence thay your build, and you don't understand that each of them would have to be calculated separately for "weak attack - any animation you want except orange and red/orange attack - heavy hiting ones/red attacks - deadly as fck". That is a real mess to code. Death immunity - you must know that it will break the game, trivialize it (more than logout macro - and plenty of people already hate this cheat), but for some reason you don't want to admit it.

extremely agree with that. More, weak - have - deadly attacks of mobs etc are relative to complexity of builds.
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
"
carpesangrea wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:

It not only has a visual queue with him raising his hands in the air going into it

That's great if you are in his face and can see him do it.

Again the audio queue gives more than enough to avoid it consistently every time.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
Nomancs wrote:

"
herflik wrote:

1) The developer creating an attack knowns and plans how strong it should be, I doubt its "lets blindly put a number into this attack and see how people react". So the developer could simply mark it as a cathegory. Or saying other way - like every freaking game in history that did it with no problem at all?

2)The game calculate all damage you take, so it could calculate it seperate for your build with no problem. Ofcourse I would go the simple way of number 1 solution, since this would double the amount of your process load due to dmg calculation.

Last edited by herflik on Jan 12, 2020, 3:12:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info