PoE's item trading system

"

This idea, and many other variations on it, have been suggested many times in the past. Sadly, GGG isn't interested in any of them.

In other words, the trade system isn't the way it is because GGG hasn't thought of other ways to do it, it is the way it is because it's what they are satisfied with.

Easy to be satisfied with a system you never have to engage with, right? It's the players' problem.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"
Arrowneous wrote:
... Then GGG codes a SSF mode to completely eliminate trading, and it's another mixed message from them for another "what the fuck is GGG doing!". ...

I dont think it was a mixed message at all. I think it was a response to people asking for a way to prove they accomplished what did without trading.

Sure you can self impose no trading but there was no way to prove you didnt.
Last edited by fomori2 on Nov 15, 2019, 11:40:24 PM
"

This idea, and many other variations on it, have been suggested many times in the past. Sadly, GGG isn't interested in any of them.

In other words, the trade system isn't the way it is because GGG hasn't thought of other ways to do it, it is the way it is because it's what they are satisfied with.

That is a real shame, and I hope other people express similar opinions so that they reconsider the trading experience which in many ways is the core experience of path of exile.

I enjoy coming back to try the game but the process of trading and selling multiplies the time spent managing inventory by an absurd amount. The main point is accumulation of currency to acquire chase items and the process of converting that currency or managing it should be fun and not fatiguing.
"
Abekrie wrote:
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
Abekrie wrote:
I've played mobile games in 2012 that had better trading than Path of Exile.

The use of a proper auction house where people can put up items for sale and then play the game without having to worry about messaging others in the middle of a map would be nice.

Games before 2012 had exactly PoE's trading system, and those were the best. Auction houses are failures, always will be. The only way any kind of auction house should be allowed is if the item is only tradeable in a box when you're logged in and not AFK, otherwise you'll spend your time flipping items instead of playing the game. Diablo 3 learned that the very predictable way

Because flipping through pages of items on a web browser is completely different right? Implement the proper filters and you should be able to find the right item you need at the preferred price points.

The thing about an auction house that'd make it work over this current one is that you don't need to pray that the person is online and available to make the trade. Just pay the price and pick the item up with no needed interaction with the seller.

Auction houses can and have worked perfectly fine in other games. Diablo 3's auction house was just a disaster in execution and design and shouldn't be seen as an example of all because it isn't.

You think botting / flipping / price fixing is bad now? Put in an auction house. And as you say you want, let people buy from those offline.

You'll see EVERYTHING be price fixed, and anything of worth be out of the majority of players reach within days if you let everyone instantly buy without limitations.

The only thing keeping events like this at bay is the fact that it takes times to whisper a person, get an invite, go to the hideout and trade, and that's if they're online.

You also said "Auction houses can and have worked perfectly fine in other games." Name me an ARPG that has an AH that's proven to have worked fine. And lastly, HELL ya D3's AH can and will be used as an example of how it damages a game. They literally removed it because players were spending more time on the AH then actually playing the game.

"
qiandongyq wrote:
Maybe a map exchange system or AH is ok? I just feel trading a map is the hardest thing doing in the game.

Hardest? ... or do you really just mean 'inconvenient for the way I have willingly chosen to play'.

If you want to run specific maps ad nauseam, then that is your choice to make. However GGG is under no obligation to make that endeavor as easy as possible for you. You can do it, but you have to sacrifice some time to do so. Now, since these maps are held by other people that also involves interacting which them, who may have their own ways of playing PoE.

I play SSF, and still will even if they change the trading system, because I enjoy success based on my own accomplishments. I also understand that others want to follow a build formula and buy the parts they need to follow it. Neither one is more correct than the other. There is also nothing wrong with asking for changes to make your preferred play style more accommodating.

However, GGG has stated they are not changing the trading system and that just makes people that continue this tirade to look like whiny, entitled children.
Last edited by fomori2 on Nov 15, 2019, 11:57:38 PM
"
fomori2 wrote:
"
qiandongyq wrote:
Maybe a map exchange system or AH is ok? I just feel trading a map is the hardest thing doing in the game.

Hardest? ... or do you really just mean 'inconvenient for the way I have willingly chosen to play'.

If you want to run specific maps ad nauseam, then that is your choice to make. However GGG is under no obligation to make that endeavor as easy as possible for you. You can do it, but you have to sacrifice some time to do so. Now, since these maps are held by other people that also involves interacting which them, who may have their own ways of playing PoE.

I play SSF, and still will even if they change the trading system, because I enjoy success based on my own accomplishments. I also understand that others want to follow a build formula and buy the parts they need to follow it. Neither one is more correct than the other. There is also nothing wrong with asking for changes to make your preferred play style more accommodating.

However, GGG has stated they are not changing the trading system and that just makes people that continue this tirade to look like whiny, entitled children.

Interacting with people is different than copy pasting pre-written messages. You also look down on another person's playstyle and assume they want to spam one type of map which is not the argument being made in this thread or by the quoted person.

Suggesting changes to a game does not make you entitled and your contribution to this was pretty much "I don't want changes I like not talking to players and playing SSF". Thanks I guess.
"
Bleu42 wrote:

You think botting / flipping / price fixing is bad now? Put in an auction house. And as you say you want, let people buy from those offline.

You'll see EVERYTHING be price fixed, and anything of worth be out of the majority of players reach within days if you let everyone instantly buy without limitations.

The only thing keeping events like this at bay is the fact that it takes times to whisper a person, get an invite, go to the hideout and trade, and that's if they're online.

You also said "Auction houses can and have worked perfectly fine in other games." Name me an ARPG that has an AH that's proven to have worked fine. And lastly, HELL ya D3's AH can and will be used as an example of how it damages a game. They literally removed it because players were spending more time on the AH then actually playing the game.

Wrong on basically every point, but thanks for playing.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
Yes... Big thing for me too.

I noticed too Trading was not addressed at all, in any shape or form.

Honestly, it's the ONLY thing I cared about in a big 4.0 update...
Last edited by fraggleroc on Nov 16, 2019, 2:37:26 AM
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
"
Bleu42 wrote:

Wrong on basically every point, but thanks for playing.

So throw down some actual counter arguments?

Thanks for playing.
Wow, another trade thread, always a good time.

Complaints about the trade system seem to boil down to "it would be more convenient for me if this were easier." Duh. But easier for you does not mean healthier for the game.

Players grinding to 100, or playing 12 hours per day, don't bother listing most of the stuff that drops because it isn't worth their time. Now imagine for a moment if they could sell all that effortlessly - the value of any item you, as an "average" player could find will tank.

Right now there's a niche that most semi-committed players fall into where you can find decent stuff, price it for 5-20 chaos, and sell it to other semi-committed players to make your "good but not 100% elite" builds (which is a nice spot to be in). That niche would suddenly disappear if trade was trivial because any stuff you find has been inflated down to trash.

Trade system is fine, it's easy to get what you need to complete the game - which is very little.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info