PoE's item trading system

Have they announced any changes or plans for it along side 4.0 ?

Are you happy with the trade system currently in game?

Do you think an alternative system could be made and improve the game or would changing it hurt PoE?

Personally I find PoE's trading system very fatiguing. Trading for certain items such as maps as a requirement for sustaining a gameplay style isn't desirable. I think even limited automatic item listing/purchasing would vastly improve the experience but I'm also not sure any level of automation is a controllable system in terms of abuse.

"
Sigrosa wrote:
Add this to our version of PoE please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXZVofRPhyo

edit: chinese version of PoE with implemented trade
Last edited by Sigrosa on Nov 24, 2019, 9:15:17 PM
Last bumped on Nov 28, 2019, 1:45:38 PM
No changes announced, and I wouldn't expect any. GGG is ok with how the trade system currently works.
- here's my sig
I sincerely hoped they would remove the trade leagues from the game, but that didn't happen. Or maybe just not announced, so as not to cause early outcry among the casuals
Just finished the PoE 3.9.0 deep delve live stream. Nothing said at all about trading system so unfortunately no trade improvements.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Livestreams only mentioned it when referencing potential item valuation so it definitely seems like no changes to me.

It's understandable if the trade system didn't make the list of main focus points for Path of Exile 2 but, it remains to be the top reason I stopped playing each league.

I have heard other players similarly being annoyed with the system but if you think about it the actual time-sink of manually trading throughout the league is very large and is required to continue playing the content you wish to access in most cases. I personally want this system to have more focus but also can't suggest a fully baked idea on an alternative without issues.
"
No changes announced, and I wouldn't expect any. GGG is ok with how the trade system currently works.

Pretty much this. Chris is stuck in 1999, so we're stuck with this trash trade system forever.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"
Sigrosa wrote:
Livestreams only mentioned it when referencing potential item valuation so it definitely seems like no changes to me.

It's understandable if the trade system didn't make the list of main focus points for Path of Exile 2 but, it remains to be the top reason I stopped playing each league.

I have heard other players similarly being annoyed with the system but if you think about it the actual time-sink of manually trading throughout the league is very large and is required to continue playing the content you wish to access in most cases. I personally want this system to have more focus but also can't suggest a fully baked idea on an alternative without issues.

I'm okay with some of the "abuse" people cry about in AH systems, so bring it on! As long a they actively target botters in good faith, the rest is fine.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"

All they are doing is re-vamping the game-play. They are not adding to the game any of the features the game so desperately needs.

As long as Chris Wilson has any say in matter, Poe will be a 2020 game stuck in 1993.

He can keep his vision. It's banal af, and is anti-fun.

Imagine a trading-based game, and there's no in-game mechanism to trade.

Unreal.
Last edited by Orca_Orcinus on Nov 15, 2019, 9:21:08 PM
Going to throw out a random example but this would basically solve the system for me:

(using random numbers)

I want to play tier 14 map.

>>Post a request to automatically buy maximum 5 maps at tier 14 between 5-8 chaos

>>Go back to doing maps, or anything else

>>Check back in item bin/box for shipped items

>>If new map is there, congrats you didn't waste 15 minutes messaging people

>>If not lower purchase price or wait longer

>>Repeat

You can now play PoE and not hideout AoL instant messenger
"
Sigrosa wrote:
Going to throw out a random example but this would basically solve the system for me:

(using random numbers)

I want to play tier 14 map.

>>Post a request to automatically buy maximum 5 maps at tier 14 between 5-8 chaos

>>Go back to doing maps, or anything else

>>Check back in item bin/box for shipped items

>>If new map is there, congrats you didn't waste 15 minutes messaging people

>>If not lower purchase price or wait longer

>>Repeat

You can now play PoE and not hideout AoL instant messenger

I think GGG's nightmare is 10,000 bots doing exactly that.
- here's my sig

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info