PoE's item trading system

There is an easy way to improve qol for everyone without changing anything fundamentally:

Implement a better Chat System. Just copy mercury trade for example. It wouldnt affect anything but improve qol a Ton. AT least they could give US that
Nope.

Not perfectly happy with the current trading system, I could definitely see some improvement/tweaks.

Yes, I absolutely think an alternative system that made sense would benefit PoE.

I think you hit the nail on the head. In its current iteration, the trading system is fatiguing. It gets tiresome to trade.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
"
Sigrosa wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

Okay, I apologize for not paraphrasing everything in each reply and over-simplifying. I even post the chinese version of the trading system without caveats in my initial post but if you read further much of that I think would damage the game.

It's funny though I have enjoyed playing PoE both ways hardcore SSF, and the other side using trade to shortcut into harder content. But I think there is a lot of content in the game you can't even get to. Big example is splinters. Or boss fights requiring many items like that. I want to try this hard content but you need to farm many hours and accumulate currency simply to attempt these encounters.

Honestly I would appreciate a mode where bosses drop no loot so I could simply try some of these with different builds if that's what it takes.

I think this has a lot to do with "being OK" with rare content, and "being OK" with the fact that it takes time (relative, based on play time) to get there. I am totally OK with it. I played Diablo 2: LoD for 6-7 years, completely self-found, and there were still uniques I didn't own. I loved that, because there was always a carrot.

I'm not saying "trade is bad", because it's not. We need trade; mostly for min/maxing end game, and to give items value. I think maybe my views are a little bit screwed, because I will never understand those players, that once they hit level 60/68/70/80, they jump directly on the markert, buying every upgrade they can afford/need. In my eyes, that's not "playing the game", even though I know I'm wrong here.

But I still view some fights as special, just because they're rare. Fights I maybe only experience once/twice a league - and I'm totally OK with those fight not being meant to be farmed over and over again. And everyone can farm a Chayula Stone or three, as well as a couple of emblem sets over the course of a league, if they use Zana correctly.

My biggest fear, though? That they will be forced to alter drop rates if they make trading/acquisition/access to splinters and stuff greater/easier. I just don't think there's any way around it in the long run, when everything being added to the game, are being added with "easier trade" in mind.
Phrazz has changed his ways. Forget his past, embrace the present.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info