PoE's item trading system

That's what all these posts boil down to: Get rid of trading.
What if players had individual shops. Searching for gear would be exactly the same and require the seller to be online. The buyer goes to the seller’s HO and purchases directly from the shop. You cannot scam this way since you personally posted the price per item. You cannot mass buy in bulk from multiple sellers since the buyer is still required to visit individual HO. The buyer isn’t subject to the availability or willingness of the seller. This should be combined with some system to prevent you from staying logged in afk for hours...maybe online and not afk.

Cons - The market would be flooded with low currency sales. However, due to the filter system this shouldn’t provide too much of an issue. I would also add a fee to this system. If all currencies had shards, you could charge a ~10% fee. Item to item trades would still need to happen in person, and sales in person could avoid the fee. But for the most part trades involve spending currency to purchase something.

It's not an AH. It would remove most of the buyer complaints and grant sellers additional convenience at a fee.

Edit: Simple solution...as long as the seller still has to invite you to the party in order to visit his/her shop, then there is no issue with the seller afking and leaving the shop open.
Last edited by Aldonés on Nov 27, 2019, 12:36:56 PM
Hmm interesting @shagsbeard it seems you dislike trading alltogether and want it removed from the game. Hmm. i dont know but for me, as a casual player, such a change would kill the game for me. I understand your wish for an honest hardcore game but is the hardcore league and ssf league not enough ? Why do you care about this so much. Because when you play ssf you dont have any of this. Weird it looks like you are really passionate about this or you just want to provoke peaople on that matter.
Not an attack but my perception at moment.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Basically yes, if it was just for gear the current system would be fine, but GGG decided that trade should be the central game play mechanic for their game. Of course since they sold trade improvements they can't realistically do that anymore.
"
j33bus wrote:
but GGG decided that trade should be the central game play mechanic for their game.

No, they didn't.

They decided "trading should be a mechanic in the game". I have no clue how people play this game, if they view/feel it as "the central mechanic".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Nov 27, 2019, 12:29:01 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
j33bus wrote:
but GGG decided that trade should be the central game play mechanic for their game.

No, they didn't.

They decided "trading should be a mechanic in the game". I have no clue how people play this game, if they view/feel it as "the central mechanic".

Ok i am going to give you a challenge: within one league run 10 chayulas breachstones and three 5 way timeless conflicts with a build that requires 6 of the same unique jewel and uses low life and requires an enchanted helmet to work. No trading/taxi allowed.
"
... The buyer goes to the seller’s HO and purchases directly from the shop. ...

That's the weakness of this suggestion, which I otherwise like, by the way.

You need this part to cut down on excessive automation, but free access to hideouts isn't viable (imagine not being able to use your own hideout because of a mass of players in there with all their mtx affects and minions and so forth). So, the current way to restrict access is to limit it to party members (or friends or guild members, but nobody's going to do those things just to make a trade).

So the seller will still have to interact in some way by popping into and out of a party with buyers, and all the hell that brings with it. That would be only marginally better than what we have now.

Also, the seller could still just ignore the party requests, thereby locking you out of their hideout and preserving their ability to price fix with no intention of selling.
- here's my sig
"
That's the weakness of this suggestion, which I otherwise like, by the way.

You need this part to cut down on excessive automation, but free access to hideouts isn't viable (imagine not being able to use your own hideout because of a mass of players in there with all their mtx affects and minions and so forth). So, the current way to restrict access is to limit it to party members (or friends or guild members, but nobody's going to do those things just to make a trade).

So the seller will still have to interact in some way by popping into and out of a party with buyers, and all the hell that brings with it. That would be only marginally better than what we have now.

Also, the seller could still just ignore the party requests, thereby locking you out of their hideout and preserving their ability to price fix with no intention of selling.

"
"
Edit: Simple solution...as long as the seller still has to invite you to the party in order to visit his/her shop, then there is no issue with the seller afking and leaving the shop open

"
"
Edit: Simple solution...as long as the seller still has to invite you to the party in order to visit his/her shop, then there is no issue with the seller afking and leaving the shop open

If the seller is afk, how can they invite the buyer to a party? If the seller can go afk and leave the shop open, then that leaves the door open for easy automation, which defeats the purpose of having buyer go into seller's hideout. I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting.
- here's my sig
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

if i could wish, i would like to have a modern system with the effectiveness of finding items in closed beta trade chat. something like a reduced version of the current console trade.

something you only use as the last resort before you give up on the league and at the same time giving your items value cause you could theoretically sell them
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info