The Salvage Box has been Scrapped

I would have used it if there was 100% chance of not getting another duplicate. Step one). Pay for MTX.
Step 2). Pay more for a chance to get a different MTX.
Step 3). Say 'fuck that' to your computer screen when you get another duplicate.

Yea, sounds great.
Saved
Glad to see they took action so quick. Would love to see both a chance at old mtx and some way to handle dupes but not by adding multiple layers of gambling and rng to your purchases.

Most games with loot boxes do not give you duplicates.. the undesirable 'cube of ice decoration' and so forth are considered losses, even if their shop sticker price is higher. I doubt many people are paying full price for those.. they are thrown in their to make the more desirable rewards more rare. Acting like GGG will go broke if they either stop giving dupes in loot boxes or provide some way to get partial value from dupes (instead of making you pay for a full secondary loot box just to use them).. is absurd and ignorant to existing business models for the rest of the game industry.

League of Legends, another game entirely dependent on mtx, let's you break down unwanted mtx into a currency that can be used for new rewards. Why not take a hint from other successful western models instead of the over the top gambling cash shops from Chinese gaming.
Good intentions on trying to to make dupes useful, but perhaps a human should lead the next thought on this matter.

EDIT : I believe everyone at GGG is human. In case it was unclear what I meant.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
Last edited by Marinxar on Sep 11, 2019, 12:46:48 PM
Pls focus on updates GGG, if tencent is trying to milk more money from PoE suggesting those shit RNG gamble mystery boxes ideas just ignore them, this will kill the game.

I bet this idea didnt came from you GGG (i could be wrong tho)

If the intention was to give players something to do with duplicates, why in the first place you dont let Mystery boxes give duplicates in the first place?

I myself dont buy them because i can be unlucky and get a lot of duplicates.

(sorry for my english)
"
Bioness wrote:
"
girng wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Community feedback about this feature was intensely negative.

Community feedback != a topic on the poe's subreddit with negativity.

"
Snowhammer wrote:
I actually really liked it :( Only because I have been wanting to get rid of duplicates for so long. I was actually willing to pay to get rid of them. Sad I couldn't finish. I got rid of about half my duplicates before it vanished from the store.

Sorry. Thanks for your continued support!

Reddit strikes again. yeee hawww!

It wasn't just Reddit. It is almost never JUST Reddit. Reddit is just the more active spot. Look at their YouTube video like ratios and comments as well as this forum.

I saw that video and the announcement and immediately felt one word: disgust.

The YouTube video gets posted on reddit and tons of redditors then comment on it.

The front page has a title calling GGG's actions "predatory". Give me a f*cking break.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Sep 11, 2019, 1:06:11 PM
"
"
girng wrote:
"

Some players have genuine self-control issues regarding gambling and this particular transaction would have essentially charged them again for the compulsive purchases that led them to have hordes of duplicates,

I really don't understand posts like this. Why are you so worried about how other people spend their money?

Maybe GGG should just scrap the MTX shop and make the game subscription based, right? /s

FFS does someone really need to explain this to you?

HURR DURR

Because some people don't want to support a company that would exploit legitimate health issues of its consumers (twofold) to make more profit.

Don't buy it then? It's an optional item in a MTX shop in a free 2 play game.

HURR DURR

edit: Did you just compare "legitimate health issues" with people buying MTXs? Wat
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Sep 11, 2019, 1:10:15 PM
I spent 900 points on frontier and every single loot box was worth it except for my 2 duplicates of the Wild Aura. If the Wild Aura could combine for alternate color, I would still not have a true duplicate after 30 mystery boxes.

This salvage box was only relevant to old mystery boxes and was probably pulled because there was an exploit. I really wish I bought some before they pulled it.

Im curious if I could have sacrificed all of my unused MTX to have a 100% chance at a rare. Not just duplicates.

Imagine sacrificing all of your building supplies for a great chance at wings.
In Dota 2, a free game too, you can recycle items you don't want (duplicated or not) to obtain battle points (if you own a battle pass). The pass cost around 10 bucks, if I recall correctly, but it comes with a lot of features and you can lvl up playing games and earn "mystery boxes".

Salvage is free.

Edit: this "salvage thing" remembers me to Diablo Immortal, an idea for chinesse people that is rejected for the western poeple. xD
Last edited by Gackuto on Sep 11, 2019, 1:44:46 PM
What is wrong with people and developers ourdays? Instead of doing this game better every one talking about MTX...
Sorry to hear all that develoment time was more or less wasted.
So glad to hear you guys know when to stop.
"Teamwork is OP"
-The one and only one Dark_Reaper115 at your service.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info