The Salvage Box has been Scrapped

Duplicates aren't always bad, especially with decorations. I'm not a huge fan of the gamble boxes myself, but now that I've actually purchased a few, they don't seem rigged like they are in other games. There are a large number of ways GGG can enhance their gamble system if they insist they want to keep using them. This particular attempt at dealing with duplicate items just wasn't one of them.
What about those of us who bought a box and dumped the max MTX in it.

I surely hope you don't come up with a different better way for us to use our duplicates after some of us already did this :O
I'm sad to say that after seeing this market decision I'm stopping support on GGG.

I really tought GGG was a different company that could be trusted, but with this move they showed that what they want is just milk people and exploit their weaknesses (like gambling) to make money in expense of users conditions.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that they GOT to make money in order to keep up everything, but this is just unethical.

This idea shouldn't have come up in the first place in my opinion.

They have got plenty of ways to get people to support them and if they feel there are not enough, I'm sure that they could've come up with something WAY better.

All of this just shows that their plan is that. They tried now and we managed to get them remove this box. Doesn't mean that they won't try again in the future by shadowing/sweetening the pill (I'm talking about very greedy manouvers in general not just the box).

Right now I'm bursting in disappointment. Gonna wait until your next move to decide if I will be supporting again, which sure might not even matter to you (it's just one off the list right?), but I'm not gonna support a company that tries to push to milk their users that are already willing to buy items that are not really worth their price.

Not cool.Very disappointed, but also insanely sad.
Really? It was gone before I could even try it... wow. I think it was a great idea, and you should consider brining it back. No one wants dupes. The only reason anyone wants dupes is because you can now combine dupes, which no one wanted. I would either make it so you can't get dupes, or revise the salvage box, and bring it back. People are very reactionary, and the loudest people aren't always right. I have bought just about every supporter pack, and more mtx, and when I saw this I was thrilled. I have a lot of mtx that will only sit there as they are things I don't want, or don't use like skill gems.

RECONSIDER PLEASE! RECONSIDER PLEASE!
I think the reason some had such a negative reaction to the salvage box was because the entire idea behind the box was to spend more money with the intent of just trying to get rid of your duplicates.

I support GGG a lot and tend to purchase both loot boxes and most supporter packs; however, this particular box, I felt was a little on the side of greed and perhaps a tad predatory towards people with no self control. I think the salvage idea is good and should just be applied to the ever changing loot boxes you release every league. The main issue I had with the salvage box was that it was essentially endless having so much inside of it. For someone that spends a lot of money on GGG I felt it was baiting you into endless gambling with no guarantee of a decent return. At least the current loot boxes have a limited amount in them and I generally stop at purchasing around 20 because I start to get nothing but duplicates. Perhaps if the salvage increase was applied to the new boxes I would purchase a few more than I do now.

Just my opinion doesn't mean it is correct. This is generally how this particular box announcement made me feel.
Last edited by Tiamay on Sep 11, 2019, 2:48:53 PM
Hey people can say what they want but at least GGG listened to feedback and responded QUICKLY showing they indeed listen. Good on them. Could have easily said Nah mate, and kept taking the free money.
I did not mind this box, but a better solution would have been to make it free and apply a percent refund based on the mtx you turn in that would go towards a new mtx that would cost you the difference between it and the total % refund of the returned dupes. They would never give you 100% refund as much as everyone would love but it would be a good compromise. They would need to determine what that refund would be and it sounds like they already did because they already tally the mtx with corresponding values via this salvage box system.

But, I feel like there is something else going on here besides some newfound moral high ground or reddit. I can’t remember the last time they caved to reddit, and there was little outrage on the forum here when you compare it to say some nerf patch notes that people just loose their shit over and threads blow up in to 50+ pages.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Sep 11, 2019, 2:58:42 PM
buff spectres and minions
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
WTF... and I missed the sole chance to get rid of my DUPLICATE SHIET...
WHYYYY GGG O_o

oh man... anything is better than several useless Cold Snap MTX... etc.

Let's hope you will come up with something... more persistent to solve this DUPE STORING :/
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
Awwwww, the one time I don't see an item I could really use and it's gone! Sad day for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info