The Salvage Box has been Scrapped

lol, I guess its all because it costs like any other MTX Box, instead of less (i mean, it doesn't include the price of thrown away duplicate item to compensate loss).
Need more gateways!
"
cgexile wrote:
"
Snowhammer wrote:
I actually really liked it :( Only because I have been wanting to get rid of duplicates for so long. I was actually willing to pay to get rid of them. Sad I couldn't finish. I got rid of about half my duplicates before it vanished from the store.

Wtf same I just got rid of like 1/2 my fucking dupes and got new shit...

Edit: why the fuck did you pull it without notice? You could have set a grace period for it to be removed from the store for good as you have done with other temporary items.

Much like there were a few people who predicted this might be cancelled (and no, I wasn't one of them, so this isn't any kind of horn-blowing), albeit in days not hours, I'm gonna predict now (with some confidence) that it will return - with changes - in the not too distant future. So don't worry yourself too much. You might actually end up with a better deal later.
Glad you reconsidered the box. Some of us have spent a lot on your great game and it felt really slimy to "pay" to get rid of duplicates we could never use anyways after the system changed. The lot of us made our voices heard and at the very least you guys listened.
The issue is about GGG's design philosophy around the idea of the salvage box. By voicing our distaste we set the standard that these practices - spending money to get rid of duplicate items, bought from another arguably poor microtransaction practice (loot box gambling) - is NOT OK. This is NOT the solution players have been asking for regarding duplicates in previous boxes, this is just the opposite. GGG can do better.
Perhaps I needed to spell it out for the people who don't get it. So be it.
"
MCSMvsME wrote:
Where is patches GGG? Most news are about mtx...

There was a patch just yesterday...

Edit: Actually, apparently there was even a server side hotfix today - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2635466...
Last edited by Exile009 on Sep 11, 2019, 12:34:17 AM
EA has so many titles to piss off its player base . GGG - hold my beer with just one game . LuL
chaotic neutral
haha, nice done GGG

got 10 boxes for 300 get value over 1000 points on sale ;) 2 Armour + 1 wing + 1 cloak + weapon eff + combine gloves + shield + portal + 2 armor i have already

AND all my duplicates are gone ;))
Last edited by Sargazmique on Sep 11, 2019, 12:43:23 AM
I'm proud of your desicion chris ! I gave my money to right company keep going like that !
"
Chris wrote:
Community feedback about this feature was intensely negative.

Community feedback != a topic on the poe's subreddit with negativity.

"
Snowhammer wrote:
I actually really liked it :( Only because I have been wanting to get rid of duplicates for so long. I was actually willing to pay to get rid of them. Sad I couldn't finish. I got rid of about half my duplicates before it vanished from the store.

Sorry. Thanks for your continued support!

Reddit strikes again. yeee hawww!
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Sep 11, 2019, 12:50:34 AM
Thanks for removing it -- this was the right decision.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info