Path of Exile: Blight - What We're Working On

This is great and all but... when are you guys planning to revamp the engine? Game always had FPS issues, I think its high time for some optimalization...
"
dostov wrote:
what a joke. I regret ever supporting this company

Now how is that fair.. We've had a TON of QoL advancements in the last two leagues including this one. I'm usually first in the fray when a company is pulling dirty techniques (poison meta ftw) but this is NOT one of those times. The blight mechanic is entirely new and drastically unique compared to what the engine is used to handling. Calm down and look at all the great stuff that's changed and rest assured the issues that are present now will be fixed in a timely fashion as they always are..
"
Blighted map issues that I've noticed

1. enemy spawn points spawning right on top or beside he pump, causing an instant loss once it spawns enemies.

2. Enemies spawned from their spawn points target you no matter where you are.
go off screen, they'll still shoot you.
You stated in the introduction to the league, "The monsters mindlessly follow the Blight's tendrils, only attacking foes directly in their path"
They are not.

3. Ranged enemies spawn in very large quantities, and all fire the same attack, the same time at you, regardless of where you are. It's unavoidable death in most cases. 50-100+ fire beams, projectiles etc coming at you from every direction....

Regular blight encounters are great, fun, a little too easy.
Blighted maps, seem to be a lot more rewarding, but due to the above 3 issues, it's almost impossible to stomach the investment to run them, especially 1 and 2.

All of the above^^^The most infuriating being #1, my buddy and i just grinded our asses off for a couple hours to get 4 blighted maps just to have the ruined by a portal spawning on top of the pump...We are quitting playing until this is fixed.

On another note, the mechanic this league is EXTREMELY fun, we were so exited to actually play the blighted maps, but having them ruined 3 times out of the 4 maps we got is a major letdown.

Thanks for the good work GGG and we will see you when this is resolved.

Thanks
there's a bunch of balance changes for blighted maps and the mechanic itself that you also should prioritize.. if you want people to stay online for as long as they can.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Sep 9, 2019, 9:51:17 PM
can we have a confirmation that summoner minions are really causing these issue ? i will just play another build until its fixed..?
🆃🆆🅸🆃🅲🅷.🆃🆅/NForceTV (🆀🅲/🅴🅽 🆂🆃🆁🅴🅰🅼)
What about the random "Crash to Desktop" again? Are they gonna be fixed too?
My wife gona leave me
You guys are doing great.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Great. Looking forward to being able to progress my delve!
"You think logoutcore makes you better....." - ShaeG
Any news on the giant stutters that basically make your character wade through quicksand?
gimme money bitch
Last edited by Atlantae on Sep 9, 2019, 10:38:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info