Why do people hate Synthesis?

10-15 seconds?? might wanna get that fixed. I think I might stutter during a intervention, if that.
I'm not a big fan of disruptions during mapping. You gotta check your beasts, your temple, your mine, your betrayal board. And now your nexus on top of that. And they are all limited to certain maximums so you can't just choose when to play what. I think if they would remove the limits and let people enjoy what they want, when they want, this could be a lot better.

That said, Nexus is just unrewarding. The crafting is gated hard behind rolls. To much effort for no reward.
Last edited by Miská on Mar 23, 2019, 11:12:02 AM
"
10-15 seconds?? might wanna get that fixed. I think I might stutter during a intervention, if that.

Never had this issue during Betrayal league, therefore nothing to fix, this is on GGG's end.
Because it sucks on so many levels that it would take an entire page to explain xD

+ the still unfixed intervention freezes
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Hm... misread the title. My bad as they say.

Synthesis? Highly complex to lay out, low reward. I think "hate" might be a strong term, but I do frequently just walk past Cavas because he's not worth the bother.

I also died in a memory once, hit respawn-at-checkpoint, and ... wound up in my hideout, meaning a net loss of one portal, which isn't supposed to happen as far as I know.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
Last edited by Unquietheart on Mar 24, 2019, 7:25:41 AM
Because it's just trash.

The amount of times I tried to reach a zone with rewards and the decay INSTANTLY ate me up is beyond belief. After 3 times having to get angry over it, I just stopped using the nexus all together. It's just too stressful and not enjoyable at all (rewards are MEH as well; synthesis boss rewards for this league are a joke, too).

The amount of micromanagement you have to do + the huge RNG part of this whole thing put me off. I just use the memory fragments as a little boost in mob amounts on a map and that's it.

The map sustain in this league is also terrible. I have now ran 5x T13 maps with 100 IIQ and had no maps drop.

I despise this league. I honestly do.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Problem with nexus map is that you need fragments with more than
2 bridges, your chance is 33,3 percent to get a 2 bridges fragment from
the maps if you rng the right way, its just impossible to get
a 3 or 4 bridges fragment before it decays. If you want to play a
formula 1 racing simulator you don't need poe.
Last edited by OldManGrinding on Jul 18, 2021, 3:51:58 PM
i think the nexus itself is fine, the only thing makes it unplayable and tedious is decaying. One misstep and the whole area you built is gone and you cant even go to the next area. Now you need to find the correct piece again to continue... no thanks
TL;TR: Time time time ... and then bad rewards :(.

- I have to spend hours to collect the right Memory-Parts to build my way.
If you plan routs with 10 memorys you have to run 20+ maps until you got the memorys you need :(.

- I have to spend hours to run distant Memorys (you have to do it in ONE run or you wast all Memory-Charges of this way). And yes, I FULL CLEAN every memory if it isn't the last charge!!
A maxed out route can easily take 2-4 hours. That's sometimes more then I can play without break :(.

- And then I can run my highly pimped Memory-Parts once or maybe twice ... as the last charge is just a "rush hardcore to reach the exit I want ... IF you are lucky enough that the purple void doesn't block it (happend 3 times to me!!).
IMPROVEMENT: NO VOID FOR THE LAST CHARGE!!
If it has 3 charges, it HAS 3 charges ... NOT 2,001 as the last yields nothing becouse of stupid timing!!
I had to rush them allready to unlock them. I DID IT ALLREADY!!

- If I'm unlucky I get rushed by the purple void and get no single reward.
- If I'm less unlucky, I reach my target and get some creepy yellows (which may even be filtered because of low base items)
I killed 4 or 5 Memory Bosses so far ... and NO SINGLE UNIQUE??? WTF!!
At last one didn't even drobed a Fractured Yellow :(. SUCKS!

And on top I have to be SUPER DUPER LUCKY to get my mission targets spawned ..... maybe ... or not :(.

2 Weeks to get all memorys ... 1 week to run them. NO SINGLE DECENT DROB!!
For 3 weeks of WORK ... no fun, no relexing, no enjoy.

And then the league has only 3 month aka 12 weeks. That's 4 Memory-maps like this one. I see no way to finish my challenges :(. So way play the league at all??

PS: This league is the most time sinking league I remember!
- Memorys
- Beytral
- Mines
- UBER Lab
- Elder/Shaper/UBER Atziri (where I have to level/gear a completly new char for)
- Beast stuff
- Atlas (good luck getting all maps without trade)

GGG sorry, but I too have to work and can't play 24/7 just to finish 34(?) chalenges to get the back-attach :(.

TO MUCH, TO TIMY SINKY, TO BAD REWARDS!

Last edited by Schakar on Mar 23, 2019, 10:46:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info