Why do people hate Synthesis?

Just curious, don't fully understand. I'm pushing towards red maps in HC and like the league mechanic solely because it's just kinda like "bonus maps" that aren't terribly rippy with moderatly better returns than maps. Placing memories is pretty straight forward as well.
Last bumped on May 1, 2019, 6:01:52 AM
Min/maxers are having a hard time because it requires a high degree of thought to plan the stuff out if you want to balance maximum amount of open memories with maximum additional modifiers while also min/maxing betrayal, delve, prophesy etc

you get the idea.

If you just charge in, its a blast. Some memories are quite large (up to half a map) and you get two decaying runs plus 1-2 full clears per memory. Like you said, free maps.
Well aside from bugs.

1. Sweaty min-maxing meta tryhards are still prissy about Betrayal going core an hard countering their glass cannon builds.

2. Synthesis requires you to think, many who whine about it admit they've put no effort into understanding it. That speaks for itself really.

3. Change. People always reeee at change no matter what.
alright im not sure why people are saying that people don't like the league because you have to "think", as though they're some mentally enlightened elitist vs the slow dimwitted simpleton, and that must be the only reason why people don't like synthesis!!!

get off your high horses people. that basically has nothing to do with it.

why i personally dislike synthesis is because of the ridiculous micro-managing the league requires. that micro-managing means you need to invest much more time than any other "simple" league in comparison, and for worse rewards. it isn't worth doing, and if you do do it, its a fucking chore. it isn't fun. its laboursome.

the memory fragments feel pretty good to run, but the memory nexus is a mess. i'd rather just run other maps and other league mechanics.
any time a boss pops though, i'll go run it
It's kind of clunky and there's no obvious point to the Nexus. The item synthesis seems unrewarding, too. Three garbage items in, one garbage item out (at least in my experience).

Only thing currently holding my interest is Divine Ire.

They're adjusting some things involving the Nexus, though, so maybe things will change.
"
xMustard wrote:
alright im not sure why people are saying that people don't like the league because you have to "think", as though they're some mentally enlightened elitist vs the slow dimwitted simpleton, and that must be the only reason why people don't like synthesis!!!

get off your high horses people. that basically has nothing to do with it.
No one ever said it's the only reason.
But it's the biggest and most funniest part of this shitshow.
It feels like a chore. I've got limited time, and I'd rather spend it engaging Delve & Betrayal.
"
Just curious, don't fully understand. I'm pushing towards red maps in HC and like the league mechanic solely because it's just kinda like "bonus maps" that aren't terribly rippy with moderatly better returns than maps. Placing memories is pretty straight forward as well.

You want to know why?
read 100 last topics on the forum they're all in this topic .
Last edited by MruczekM77 on Mar 22, 2019, 3:36:13 AM
How are they better than maps????????? Maps return plenty of fractured items(the memory fragment there), unless you spend hours touching pylons you will not get the same return from the nexus.
"
AldarisGrave wrote:

1. Sweaty min-maxing meta tryhards are still prissy about Betrayal going core an hard countering their glass cannon builds.

How much of an idiot do you have to be to have "min-max" and "glass cannon" in the same sentence...? Imagine saying glass-cannon builds are reaching for perfect CHEST/ARMOR, where damage output is secondary to survivability, to create DAMAGE-FOCUS-ONLY builds...go play easy-mode Marauder...no brains required.

- So @OP -
Correction: Min-maxing meta normal players are pissed off that, in inclusion to the typical headache of crafting gear capable to run most content in the game, they have to deal with a league mechanic that makes light of people who take time to invest in it by dropping in fucktard Intervention in areas with mobs packs consisting of 3x more monsters then usual that stun-lock, sit on your spawn, with a timing mechanic that doesn't work with many of the tilesets included...along with everything else anyone who's made a thread about it here and on reddit have pointed out.

Not even going to touch on the white knight that say "just going into it without the think and it fun hurr" since people who think it out already have noted that the loot and exp are garbage...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info