Why do people hate Synthesis?

"
xMustard wrote:
alright im not sure why people are saying that people don't like the league because you have to "think", as though they're some mentally enlightened elitist vs the slow dimwitted simpleton, and that must be the only reason why people don't like synthesis!!!

get off your high horses people. that basically has nothing to do with it.

why i personally dislike synthesis is because of the ridiculous micro-managing the league requires. that micro-managing means you need to invest much more time than any other "simple" league in comparison, and for worse rewards. it isn't worth doing, and if you do do it, its a fucking chore. it isn't fun. its laboursome.

the memory fragments feel pretty good to run, but the memory nexus is a mess. i'd rather just run other maps and other league mechanics.
any time a boss pops though, i'll go run it

YES, the bold part nails it!!!
after playing since beta this league is just not fun! no other way around it and thats what the high horse people wont accept, people have left this league due to it NOT being fun, simple.

Been playing Grim Dawn and just hit lev 70 with a char there and I dont need to spend hours doing math and figuring out the meta build and doing a lot of things instead of simply playing a game and finding loot for my guy. its been......FUN
"
Been playing Grim Dawn

Enjoy having no endgame in Grim Dawn. You will see exactly how "fun" it is, when you're in the endgame, and there's nothing to do because every enemy is the same strength. There's absolutely zero enemy scaling at level 100.

Zero "stronger challenges", and zero reason to farm loot at level 100 in Grim Dawn. Trash game, coming from someone who has over 200 hours into it.
Last edited by ThePesmergia on Apr 30, 2019, 7:03:26 AM
"
Just curious, don't fully understand. I'm pushing towards red maps in HC and like the league mechanic solely because it's just kinda like "bonus maps" that aren't terribly rippy with moderatly better returns than maps. Placing memories is pretty straight forward as well.

The rollout of Synthesis wasn't great:

1) GGG nerfed map drops substantially expecting that players would engage with Synthesis and other content to make up for the nerf. That didn't happen and a majority of the play base was upset.

2) The Nexus wasn't rewarding enough

3) The integration of Betrayal was (and still is) very problematic - on entering a Betrayal zone, lag occurs. Sometimes this leads to death. Once the Intervention Betrayal encounter spawns, the Intervention mobs are unavoidable; you must either kill them or leave the map or they will kill you. Moreover, the Betrayal mobs are overtuned with respect to other content - more dangerous and harder to kill than map bosses.
===
Problems 1 and 2 have been addressed - finally - but the player base was lost by the time these fixes occurred.

Problem 3 is still an issue.
===
Anyhow, I'm enjoying Synthesis - perhaps the best league ever IMO. Nonetheless I can see why the majority of the player base hates the league.
"
hankinsohl wrote:

Anyhow, I'm enjoying Synthesis - perhaps the best league ever IMO.

lulz. You trollin.
"
Just curious, don't fully understand. I'm pushing towards red maps in HC and like the league mechanic solely because it's just kinda like "bonus maps" that aren't terribly rippy with moderatly better returns than maps. Placing memories is pretty straight forward as well.

If your defense of the league can be condensed into 'bonus map' whats the problem, than you've proven why the league is bad.
Because more work was done on how to punish players than how to provide fun... And also craft based rewards that I absolutely don't care about.
"
ThePesmergia wrote:
"
Been playing Grim Dawn

Enjoy having no endgame in Grim Dawn. You will see exactly how "fun" it is, when you're in the endgame, and there's nothing to do because every enemy is the same strength. There's absolutely zero enemy scaling at level 100.

Zero "stronger challenges", and zero reason to farm loot at level 100 in Grim Dawn. Trash game, coming from someone who has over 200 hours into it.

man, your missing the point for many of us!
we play casually and sporadically so hitting level 100 doesn't always even happen more over be at lev 100 long enough to get bored!!

I will start another char and try different skills etc because that's FUN. As a casual player GD more than satisfies the enjoy-ability factor and doesn't over complicate everything!!!

this coming from a guy who has well over 200 hours into POE :)
Last edited by WarriorX10 on Apr 30, 2019, 5:52:22 PM
"
WarriorX10 wrote:

200 is nothing.
"
"
WarriorX10 wrote:

200 is nothing.

Welp, not everyone started playing PoE in 2012 like us and to players who came here after Blizzon 200h might be a lot.
I hate Synthesis because:

- I want do all stuff from my hideout - PoE always needs intensive trading to have currency for good items necessary to make builds shine - adding extra portals and loading time is BAD.
- too much setup, too little playing fun
- I don't want hoard tons of items to craft something valuable
- map layouts are mostly bad for nexus, I want huge open maps like Dunes, Desert Spring not small square shit covered with walls
- I want do one activity type and not jump into other to continue favourite one

Last edited by Elua on Apr 30, 2019, 6:41:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info