Why do people hate Synthesis?

"
AldarisGrave wrote:
1. Sweaty min-maxing meta tryhards are still prissy about Betrayal going core an hard countering their glass cannon builds.

My cheap ass totem build gets completely deleted when I get invaded by a Betrayal encounter on a huge mod T15-16 map. I can clear everything including the map boss but this encounter kills me 100% due to lack of damage and not enough leech (totems). They are often more dangerous than anything else in the map, more dangerous than the Elder/Shaper guardians even in certain maps.
Why i dislike synthesis:

-Piss poor rewards (within the nexus) micromanaging your chains with memory modifiers actually seemed to make this worse (rewards/hour). Best way I've found is the semi-exploit boss farming.

-Breaks the flow of the game even more. We already have things like temple, delve, and now safe houses that 'need' to be run when ready - memory nexus is just one more interruption.

-Synthesising items takes ocd inventory management to a whole nother level of ridiculous. While delve crafting had something for everyone synthing bases feels like it's either be in that top 0.5% of players or don't bother. Seems to make some real op items for those favored few though.
Why do people complain about a F2P game? Nobody forced them to play to start with.
i hate it with a passion and i wont touch it
the devs are hating those who dont touch their PRECIOUS NEW ADDITION TO TEH GAME so they punish those who like to play ARPG by slaying monsters by nerfing map drops
Gues what, GGG? I still wotn touch ur tetris fail simulator
kk tnx bye worst dlc ever
EJRVBÑJKSBVÑERJVBÑJWERBVÑRWEJFVCÑIERVGLÑIJESFDBVIEWRGICVL3WEGRDVICWDSBCVIJWDBCVWIJDECVILDBWLDEJCHBVWLIDECGWLDICHYVGLWDICHLWDECHVW
DEVGERGVERGWWFVEFVWWEDQWEFCDWEFCWEFVCWEFCWEFWEFWEFWREGFRWREGFW
How?

"
..it's just kinda like "bonus maps" with moderatly better returns than maps.

^^^ this is not even remotely close to the truth for so many of players. My included. There is no real motivation to go to nexus, because even nerfed alva and so gated now delve are more fun and still can give more out if it.

Memory fragments drops are piss poor.
Yes, the are nice arts tho.

But how often you go to museum to just see arts?
Whenever i do a memory, i feel no satisfaction so i skip them. The same wasnt true in betrayel where it felt much better.
The motivation is there... they've reduced map drop rates. You pretty much have to engage the alternate sources that are available to make up for that. There are plenty of options though.
Mapping and delving is a case of jump in and have fun. Synthesis is the opposite of that. It's unintuitive and has too many hurdles to navigate to get the best out of it.
"
Just curious, don't fully understand. I'm pushing towards red maps in HC and like the league mechanic solely because it's just kinda like "bonus maps" that aren't terribly rippy with moderatly better returns than maps. Placing memories is pretty straight forward as well.

This guy know something I don't? I get a tiny fraction of loot from a fragment you have to memory mod the shit out of them before they can compete with a well rolled map
It is not hard.
It is boring.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info