Why do people hate Synthesis?

If you play Flickerstrike you often end up outside the map in the degen zone which cancels your Synthesis map. For some reason there are still mobs in that area.

That's one of the biggest reasons I don't like the league.
I don't hate this league but in fact I kinda like it. Lotsa mobs to kill and it helps leveling up my gems. This is a hack and slash game after all. Killing stuff is #1. But the thing I dislike the most is the lag/freeze/frame drop. Since this league started, I'm having constant frame drop when encounter a large group of mobs result of dying multiple times due to that esp in Memory decay mode where you're trying to rash point to point. I didn't lag/freeze/framedrop last league.
"
cpurdy777 wrote:

You haven't even finished act 8 according to achievements, and your highest character is lvl 60. Please refrain from commenting on how others suck when you haven't even played the game.
Same can and should be said to all those going reeeeeee. So a hard No U
"
That said, the fact that glass-cannon builds are completely invalidated now that you have no choice but to deal with Betrayal is ridiculous, this is the first time highly dangerous content has been made mandatory to interact with and that is not good.

this is false, invasion was a league after all.

"
I don't want to study, I want to play a goddam vidya game (which is why I'm currently playing something else).

this is a poor excuse that you can formulate around any game with any thought put into it. "I want to play not look things up" - you can use such justification to not play PoE at all when it was initially released as well.
Haters gonna hate.
I find it also a poorly executed mechanical league, but I don't see a reason to suddenly hate the game because this isn't the Delve league that so many people seem to rather have.
I like new stuff, I like complicated stuff, yet this league doesn't do it for me, but I play my new character anyways, so much to do, especially if you don't play 12 hours a day.
You also need 'poor' leagues to make other ones feel good. I look at it that way.
Last edited by leto2626 on Mar 22, 2019, 9:02:38 PM
Simple:

Synthesis:
High Effort -> Low Reward

Delve:
Low Effort -> High Reward

Not only is there extremely bad RNG in the crafting for this league but it takes a long time to make the league mechanic "rewarding". It has nothing to do with it "requiring people to think" and everything to do with it requiring a significant time investment to make it worth playing.

It's a league designed to be "an endgame alternative" rather than a sudden rush of adrenaline and dopamine from the start of the game.

If you take the time to read and look the majority of those against Synthesis are not high challenge players. They are players that may stick around for a month or two and come back for the next league. The one's for it are those that have and will put forth the time investment required to get something out of the league. The so called "try-hards".

So, the people making the early comments on this thread couldn't be more wrong if they tried.
I don't think they will be hating it for long as the changes GGG is making sound pretty intense. Can't wait to see what they come up with!
"
Just curious, don't fully understand. I'm pushing towards red maps in HC and like the league mechanic solely because it's just kinda like "bonus maps" that aren't terribly rippy with moderatly better returns than maps. Placing memories is pretty straight forward as well.

The rewards are complete shit, and the synthesis crafting is convoluted as hell. You need a third party spread sheet for fuck sakes.

Terrible league. Absolutely awful.
I'm a new player. I started during delve league and instantly loved the game.

Still loved the game through Betrayal though the instagib pixelsplosion deaths were annoying.

Still enjoy the game in Synthesis but I am almost completely ignoring the synthesis mechanics at this point. Inventory nightmare and clunky mechanics.
I remain as irritated by the instagib pixelsplosion deaths that betrayal encounters still offer.

In a weird way - although the core game is still great IMO the content adds (betrayal and synthesis) have been downers for me.

Might move to standard league after this.

Also - I hope the person that decided to put the 6 trials in random maps has an itch that never goes away.

"
Furinol wrote:
I'm a new player. I started during delve league and instantly loved the game.

Still loved the game through Betrayal though the instagib pixelsplosion deaths were annoying.

Still enjoy the game in Synthesis but I am almost completely ignoring the synthesis mechanics at this point. Inventory nightmare and clunky mechanics.
I remain as irritated by the instagib pixelsplosion deaths that betrayal encounters still offer.

In a weird way - although the core game is still great IMO the content adds (betrayal and synthesis) have been downers for me.

Might move to standard league after this.

Also - I hope the person that decided to put the 6 trials in random maps has an itch that never goes away.

I have bad news for you. Standard is affected by Betrayal, which by itself is not bad, but Intervention still freezes your computer for 10-15 seconds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info