Why do people hate Synthesis?

Way too tedious and micromanaging like above post says. I just want to run fast kill shit and get loot. You know like abyss and Delve let you did.

It's not that I don't know how to micromanage. I made a guide where to put syndicate members for example. It's that I don't like it. Only puzzle I like is your build puzzle.

This one has so many puzzles to solve. From combining items to optimal nexus. Lots of time spent in HO and alt tabbed instead of wrecking shit.

It's not worth it for time involved. You can beat this game (uber elder) with a tabula and GC mines or WO why do I need to do all that shit for?

Look Talisman was first Tedium league. Remember that POS when a 10C ammy beat 100s of hours of combing and fucking around with those talismans? Then came the labyrinth maze and enchants. Now the Tedium leagues are so much for frequent and it sucks and gets away from core ARPG game play.

Homie wont play that shit. I come to play not get played.

I basically ignore them and their mechanics when incorporated in game. And am totally ignoring Synthesis.

Wish I could ignore Betrayal too but need recipe.

I ignore Temples since they are 99% useless compared to maps.
I ignore prophecy again useless 99% of time.
I ignore lab but all but 4x per toon.

And if this POS Synthesis make it core I will ignore it too.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 24, 2019, 12:50:27 AM
Made the mistake of interacting with the Nexus today because I was tempted by a boss tile, then my path got cut off by a randomly spawned reward/modifier tile. I had to map for a couple hours to get the tiles to remove the obstruction and to path to the boss, killing which gave me two fractured rares neither of which were worth picking up.
I f**** hate synthesis cuz the feeling of having a long ass well thought map planned out and then you can't find the memory modifier and did all that for nothing REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I CAN'T BELIEVE IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
"
YasuoInbred wrote:
I f**** hate synthesis cuz the feeling of having a long ass well thought map planned out and then you can't find the memory modifier and did all that for nothing REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I CAN'T BELIEVE IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's exactly NOT what anyone said. Grow the hell up.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
I bet that less than 10% of actual players in this league are actively engaging with teh league mechanic.
I just run by the portal now, i dont even bother....
Worst mechanic ever
EJRVBÑJKSBVÑERJVBÑJWERBVÑRWEJFVCÑIERVGLÑIJESFDBVIEWRGICVL3WEGRDVICWDSBCVIJWDBCVWIJDECVILDBWLDEJCHBVWLIDECGWLDICHYVGLWDICHLWDECHVW
DEVGERGVERGWWFVEFVWWEDQWEFCDWEFCWEFVCWEFCWEFWEFWEFWREGFRWREGFW
"
brgillespie wrote:
It's kind of clunky and there's no obvious point to the Nexus. The item synthesis seems unrewarding, too. Three garbage items in, one garbage item out (at least in my experience).

Only thing currently holding my interest is Divine Ire.

They're adjusting some things involving the Nexus, though, so maybe things will change.

Go watch the ZiggyD video man, the synthesizing of items is a complex system with like 2k mods. PoEDB has the list and Ziggy explains how it works. There's even a third party tool already made for it.

With all this said, yeah it requires ridiculous amounts of research for the average player to understand and even then it's convoluted af. Just a poorly communicated, unintuitive and buggy league mechanic.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
You can tell its going to get integrated into the main game. I like running the nodes, but I use the fractured items for chaos recipe.

Edited to add, with all the content, I'm just now getting into red maps and I hit 92, highest level I've been at this point.
Last edited by Nizreb915 on Mar 24, 2019, 10:31:57 AM
"
KopaKabana wrote:
I bet that less than 10% of actual players in this league are actively engaging with teh league mechanic.
I just run by the portal now, i dont even bother....
Worst mechanic ever

Well that's plain dumb sorry, it's an extra zone with monsters, you don't even need to engage with the nexus. Could as well do the zone and if it fails or not it doesn't matter. Ok failing feels bad and I guess that's why this league feels so unsatisfying.
Right now while leveling I just jump in and kill some mobs until I die or the blue stuff kicks me out. Then I collect my loot and laugh at poor Mr. Alzheimer who, at least in my game, will never get his memories back.
I wish the Decay mechanic would swallow itself up.
Decay and high effort -> low reward are my two biggest issues, as someone with 100+ hours in the league already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info