Why do people hate Synthesis?

I find synth worse than bestiary...
I dunno, the more I play it the more I enjoy it. I think the 10 limit is a little annoying, making it a little too insipid.

But when I go in there and spend an hour or more trying to find my way to a prize, managing the decaying island on the way, I am finding it a fun way to pass the time.

It is not the best mechanic, but it sure isn't the worst. I have enjoyed some of the rewards, such as a Perandus island and a couple of Prophecy islands that gave me something like 20 Silver coins.

I can see how this mechanic is a little polarizing, but not so much as Syndicate (clearly) or Bestiary. It is pretty gray. But I am not disappointed in it.

HOWEVER - I can see how trying to min/max this mechanic, with the 20 maxxed out islands to run for maximum rewards is brutal. That way lies madness.
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Mar 28, 2019, 10:50:38 AM
I have to agree with many of the other posters.

There are very little rewards for doing memories. The time spent planning and placing tiles is not worth it. You can get more out of spamming maps.

The new item system is a huge drain on inventory. Not to mention managing these items again takes even more time because you have to break them down by not only item type but stats on the items. Even with 40+ tabs it doesn't seem like enough.

To be honest this is the 'worst' league that I have played since starting POE about 2 years ago. The micro manage is over the top and i personally do not find it enjoyable.

With that said I am not a HC crafter. I do not spend 50 hours a week farming for the massive amount of resources it takes to craft great items. I will not use these items to craft and means they even have less value to me. This is clearly a crafting league and not for me.

For those new PS4 players I hope this doesn't give the wrong impression this is a great game. Wish you could have started with Betrayal that was the best so far and is nearly impossible to do this league because the spawn rate is so low.

I figured I would try this again. I ran 9 room and ended up getting 5 chest with 5 very crappy yellows. I would have gotten the same value from 1 depth 100 delve room... probably better.

They make the league mechanic too complex. I just want something simple like breach, essence, even incursion league is good. But last last two league is just over complex.
If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
I don't particularly hate this league specifically, but I kinda feel crushed by a billion different league mechanics lately. I also think balancing is going nowhere really. It's a never ending power creep while introducing pretty lame ways of dying just to keep the death statistics up - i.e. delayed ground effects. Game is getting more and more anti HC.
Last edited by dyneol on Mar 28, 2019, 7:19:37 PM
synthesis sucks because literally all the items ive made have been shit. Like 100+ random utter worse-than-normal implicits... why?
I've totally given up on that item system. Put in tons really good items and result are like that -> 83ilvl 5 life and 15 strength. have a nice day.

Doing memories are a bit better now but I still hate some of them when I have a decaying one and 30 minutes of placing and running titles are town the drain because I took the wrong way a the start and now I'm f*cked

Last edited by RoninSJ on Apr 8, 2019, 6:24:42 PM
I've been trying really hard to enjoy this league but the in-doors layouts are still ruining it, the decay is pure cancer in places like cells or spider lair.
Overall the nexus is a good concept, just very poorly executed. If it goes core it should get a revamp kinda like bestiary.
in short it just sucks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info