Will there be a new atlas every league now?

For such a shitty situation the decision has bring, i would expect a post mortem
A casual gamer
"
shoju wrote:
The problem with the thready dying, is there is only so much you can say before youre just repeating yourself.

Synthesis is a trash league. Its added way too much to the game, and it just feels like more forced content than fun new thing.

When Synthesis is over, if its not fixed, my time wuth POE is over. I just cant keep going through the lip service and patronizing from staff.

That's my problem here.

I dislike synthesis and would like to play standard but I can't.

If I drop maps now I can not store them. I don't want to empty my PREMIUM-MAP-STASH-TAB, that I bought for real money, AGAIN!!! I did that just a few weeks ago and it was a terrible experience. So I can't play PoE at all at the moment, because I can't store what is most important to the game: MAPS.

I also wanted to buy the premium-unique-item-collection-tab. I actually suggested it over half a year ago! But, FUCK NO, THEY WON'T GET ANY MONEY FROM ME. First time in almost 7 years of playing PoE I feel scammed.

I won't let this thread disappear from page one. They must BAN me from the forums before that happens.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Mar 17, 2019, 6:26:05 PM
Haha, the brainiacs at GGG also nerfed map drop rates along with this idiocy that they pushed onto standard.
I wonder who was the genius that brainstormed it? Like, do they take some sick pleasure from shitting on their players?

"hey, lets reset all progress, the atlas and make all the maps useless on standard. Oh and let's also make it harder to get the new ones by nerfing drop rates! BTW, no time to fix map stash bug GG suckers"

What the hell is wrong with the devs? Are they children or just seriously incompetent? Who makes those types of decisions?
somehow i get the feeling that the decision to reshuffle should have been made after there is a solution for easily udating maps to the latest version?

actually, i wanted to keep versions of old maps for nostalgic reasons but those plans just got buried if they permanently change now.

and if there is a way for upgrading them later and i use it i probably regret i got 3 of them.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
shoju wrote:

They'll give us plenty of lip service, and they'll give us plenty of "We're working on it", while they continuously kick the solution down the line, because they just don't care about Standard enough to care, and Standard players have (for the most part), been the most stable portion of their business model.

From what I've been seeing, in talking with people in standard, most of us Standard players are "veteran" players, who have been around for a while. We may come and go for times, but a lot of us have been around in some way shape or form since Open Beta, or early on.

We seem to be the "always there" players, and so far, none of the mistakes they have made in dealing with Standard have made much of a difference.

Look at banks, ISP's and lots of other companies - they always offer the shiny new toys to new customers, existing long time customers don't get the same deals. Way of the world unfortunately. Standard is just regular background.

A lot is made of Standard being "only" 20% or whatever of the player base, but what percentage of players play league AND Standard?
To copy what I said in a separate post.

So I sent a request to support about the std map issue
I asked if they could change my 2 existing map tabs to read only, and give me two I can use, like many I brought a second after last map change fiasco and felt pretty burnt by having to do so.

I got a sorry we can't do that response after a week.

Now i have like 5000 legacy maps to convert and i don't even know if i have the spare space to facilitate this transfer.

Feels like I'm doing data entry for free.

This really needs to be addressed as i'm not going to do this every league, the more you play the more you are punished. Either make the map tabs go read only and give us new ones on league merger or make a new map selection in the map tab called dynamic which means the maps roll over the the new version when the atlas is updated that way people can keep their legacy maps by not selecting dynamic.

Sigh, I dunno.
What is it you most can't the least?
This is from March 2, 2019. I heard the following passage can be found within this broadcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnwyTEJ6FKE

2-05-39 Nugiyen: Another question on tabs, for the Standard people, I've had this question a lot: map tabs. With you changing the atlas, a bit more rapidly now, and maps getting changed, rotating into new sets, every time they have to buy a new tab if I understand correctly. Is there any plan to address that issue?

2-06-08 Chris Wilson: So a map tab is able to hold one series worth of maps at once, and I was talking to some people on Reddit about this. I've been looking into this because it's not optimal at the moment. Technically, we can take the maps out and put them somewhere else like in a quad tab, and then use the map tab for the current series, and so on and so on, but then you have the segregation of like some maps from each series, so we were thinking, our best idea so far was the concept of converting older series of maps into equivalent ones in the current series. Basically, you can take the old maps that you want to collect like a few of each for posterity reasons, and then you can convert the rest into the current series and you'd have those all converted and usable again. This type of thing we might do. It's a real pain for several reasons. There are hundreds of millions of maps in play here, and the way the map tab works is already quite complicated to store so many items in one stash tab essentially. There's a lot of complexity with changing it, and even if we do have a clear plan on how we want to do it, it then requires the large amount of Jonathan time, a large amount of other people who are making leagues' time, and the usual it's slow to get things changed in the back-end of Path of Exile thing. So, I can't promise it fast, but it is a hot topic issue and we're fully aware of the feedback. I wish it were a better situation there, but we don't have a good answer for you yet.

16 days ago

How can a team of professionals not know / foresee what kind of problem this would cause? AND still proceed with it without having a plan up their sleeves? This is incredibly incompetent or calculated risk in order to make some extra cash. Or can someone explain to me how such intelligent people could possibly fail at something so obvious? That's why I think this is a temporary thing to cash in a bit whilst doing some damage control, telling us it's on their to-do-list.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Mar 18, 2019, 3:41:27 AM
"
Antigegner wrote:
This is from March 2, 2019. I heard the following passage can be found within this broadcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnwyTEJ6FKE
Snip.

The only thing that I can see it being is a cash grab tbh and I'll explain why it can't be anything else, it's really simple.

They know it's an issue, they know the fix, but it won't make them anything and cost them resources, the solution would be to leave the shuffle from last league (now this league I guess) and just absolutely refuse to shuffle it again until they get the map tabs fixed.
It's the reason it is ONLY possible for it to be a cash grab because it would be largely acceptable for them to go back on saying they were going to shuffle it every league with the excuse that they are setting that specific feature aside until they can solve the problem with the map tab. That's ALL it would take and they don't because people are buying more tabs.

Little bit of extra tinfoil hattery if you'll indulge me, it seems to also correlate with the lack of a stash tab sale. (Need to double fact check but I've been back for around a month and I don't believe I've seen them on sale)
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010865940

Hit me up on steam if you want
Last edited by TSA_Ryan on Mar 18, 2019, 2:50:43 AM
Hopefully it is going to be fixed soon. (even by automaticly updating old maps to new ones (which would be the cleanest) or let maptab to be multi league, which would be some what messy in the long run) I would really like to get back to the game...
"
Antigegner wrote:

2-05-39 Nugiyen: Another question on tabs, for the Standard people, I've had this question a lot: map tabs. With you changing the atlas, a bit more rapidly now, and maps getting changed, rotating into new sets, every time they have to buy a new tab if I understand correctly. Is there any plan to address that issue?

2-06-08 Chris Wilson: So a map tab is able to hold one series worth of maps at once, and I was talking to some people on Reddit about this. I've been looking into this because it's not optimal at the moment. Technically, we can take the maps out and put them somewhere else like in a quad tab, and then use the map tab for the current series, and so on and so on, but then you have the segregation of like some maps from each series, so we were thinking, our best idea so far was the concept of converting older series of maps into equivalent ones in the current series. Basically, you can take the old maps that you want to collect like a few of each for posterity reasons, and then you can convert the rest into the current series and you'd have those all converted and usable again. This type of thing we might do. It's a real pain for several reasons. There are hundreds of millions of maps in play here, and the way the map tab works is already quite complicated to store so many items in one stash tab essentially. There's a lot of complexity with changing it, and even if we do have a clear plan on how we want to do it, it then requires the large amount of Jonathan time, a large amount of other people who are making leagues' time, and the usual it's slow to get things changed in the back-end of Path of Exile thing. So, I can't promise it fast, but it is a hot topic issue and we're fully aware of the feedback. I wish it were a better situation there, but we don't have a good answer for you yet.

16 days ago

How can a team of professionals not know / foresee what kind of problem this would cause? AND still proceed with it without having a plan up their sleeves? This is incredibly incompetent or calculated risk in order to make some extra cash. Or can someone explain to me how such intelligent people could possibly fail at something so obvious? That's why I think this is a temporary thing to cash in a bit whilst doing some damage control, telling us it's on their to do list.

it is called a lie. everything he said there is a lie. they knew what they were doing and why they were doing it. they just thought people will keep throwing money at them like they do for all the other bullshit they put out. and the complaints would just disappear quickly.
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info