Will there be a new atlas every league now?

"
shoju wrote:
"
pvilasboas wrote:
this is sad... a reset every 3 months simply invalidates what standard stands for... couple that with how bad Synthesis is...

"This does not bode well, for it confirms my darkest fears. While I did not allow myself to believe the ancient legends, I cannot deny them now."

D. Cain

Synthesis is pretty terrible. I'm 71, and I'm not even out of the Acts yet. I'm not going out of my way to do things, either. I simply do things when something is full.

I run Cavas when I see him. I don't go looking for him.
I run the Memories when I run out of space to hold more memories, and I never run it dry. 4-5, just to give myself some breathing room.

I Run Delve whenever I'm at full sulphite.

I run Jun when I run into him (and after not playing betrayal, wow... They should give you a little more info on the Betrayal missions before they just unleash them on you.

I definitely don't run Lab any more often than I need to for the Points.

At the rate I'm going, I'll be ~75 by the time I get Kitava down, and ready to start the grind to get Mapping.

There is just so much to do in the game right now that you lose focus. The normal Acts / Storylines? If you weren't required to do them, there is zero reason to do them right now, because everything else in the game consumes so much game time.

I would rather push Standard, and get to Shaper, but I just don't even know why I would try, knowing that I'm going to lose all of my Atlas progression, AGAIN, before I'm at a point where I feel like I'm "farming" shaper on 1 character.

Resetting Standard is antithetical to what the Standard League was designed to be, and to be clear, I completely understand why they are going to reset the Atlas consistently, for the League players.

I get it. I understand it. I don't have a problem with it.

But screwing over one portion of your player base, to appease another part of your player base is just not a promising business solution. There are simple, elegant solutions to this problem, and not addressing it outside of one patronizing forum post, and one BS podcast interview is not cutting it.

If I pushed a change like this in my business, and then didn't do anything to consistently communicate with my player base, I'd be fired.

Now, I get it. The past few days in NZ have been a nightmare, the likes of which, the country hasn't had to deal with. I'm ok with some silence while a nation mourns a tragedy. But man.... the rest of the silence has been pretty infuriating.

i gave up at level 59 in a9 cavas is a waste of time league just isnt fun
i had same experience in beast league i hated it
so i played standard
now thats all fucked up too

grrrrrrr
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
LowBudget780 wrote:

Reshuffling the atlas is fine, changing the maps series every 3 months is a shady Tencent move aimed at standard players though.

$$$
"
Kirajava wrote:
"
Antigegner wrote:

That's my problem here.

I dislike synthesis and would like to play standard but I can't.

If I drop maps now I can not store them. I don't want to empty my PREMIUM-MAP-STASH-TAB, that I bought for real money, AGAIN!!! I did that just a few weeks ago and it was a terrible experience. So I can't play PoE at all at the moment, because I can't store what is most important to the game: MAPS.

I also wanted to buy the premium-unique-item-collection-tab. I actually suggested it over half a year ago! But, FUCK NO, THEY WON'T GET ANY MONEY FROM ME. First time in almost 7 years of playing PoE I feel scammed.

I won't let this thread disappear from page one. They must BAN me from the forums before that happens.

I agree, after having to redo my maps twice in the past several weeks, I simply don't feel the urge to log on and play. My map collection got neutered (twice), I was at 157 completed, now something stupid like 20... this atlas resetting crap needs to stop.

I don't like synthesis either, so the remaining option is standard, where I COULD again work towards completing the atlas, but since it's going to be reset again and my map stash will filled up again with maps that have to be traded in after a couple months, I don't see the point.

I've started playing other games, if they don't come up with a GOOD solution for this, I'll simply keep playing those games instead of this one.

+1
Update half way through vendoring maps, from t15 down to t8 I ran out of spare storage space so now have 2 map tabs I can't use, 4 read only empty map tabs cos of the map tab not deleting league bug and no stash space to continue converting or store any gear.

Essentially I have to now have to purge my lower level maps or gear from my normal tabs just to continue. This is rough as it gets.

My normal stash is for gear not maps . . That's what I brought my map tabs for.

I am not looking forward to going back to my stash, it's a disaster zone now.

It's not like I don't enjoy 'playing' the game but I'm not interested in stash tetris, I'm off to play another game I guess.

Fail.

What is it you most can't the least?
Last edited by Valaraukar_Prime on Mar 19, 2019, 2:46:36 AM
What's next? Dev cards reshuffle? Currency?

I'm going to stop promoting this game to my colleagues. I almost convinced to start playing 2-3 of them.
"
armed wrote:
What's next? Dev cards reshuffle? Currency?

That is exactly what I wrote to support. I lost trust into their products and that's why I don't want a refund in coins but in MONEY. I can't further invest into a company that doesn't guarantee that the product they sell functions the way it was advertised.

What if next they do the very same thing to divination tabs, currency tabs, etc. etc.

or they ask you to re-buy cosmetics you already bought again and again for every new league...

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
[removed]
Last edited by krangladkatt on Jan 4, 2021, 10:07:29 PM
the solutions are very easy to implement. they simply do not want to and are jsut trying to wait us out. i continue to play a marginal amount of the time i otherwise would play because i will not convert my map tab. if you think about it, what is the point. it is exhausting to do it every 3 months. it was exhausting to do once a year too.

last time atlas got reshuffled like that for betrayal, it took inventory space on all my additional characters to manage the map conversion. many of them still hold tons of the unique maps that i didnt want to dump or convert and i still have older maps to use that i didnt have 3 of but dont want to vendor.

their INTENT was always to try to force us to buy a new map tab EVERY SINGLE time.
do not let anyone try to tell you otherwise. the vast majority of us that play standard play it for the legacy stuff for running with an uber character and for familiarity of the game. many of us like to run the same few maps over and over for a reason because we enjoy the game that way.

so the scrambling of the atlas for standard wasnt any player service. it was a device to monetize the end game in standard to a repeating stream of revenue.

as long as we have players in standard that bought new map tabs due to these changes, they will never relent. i fear there are not enough of us to make a dent into their scheme. i fear there are more players that, at least short term, will jsut go along with it. maybe after they ve had to buy new map tabs for next 3-4 change overs, soem of them will come around to our way of thinking.

there is only one way to send a message - with our wallets. but we need more people.
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
Yeah this sucks big time.

I play standard for a reason. I want to unlock the Atlas at my own pace. Now not only does it get reset every league, forcing me to at the very least regrind all the unique maps from scratch, but also I can't store any new maps in the tab I specifically bought for this reason until I unload the whole inventory. No point keeping anything but a handful of T15/16 maps in there, making the whole tab useless.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
OwVEmrkMLX wrote:
Yeah this sucks big time.

I play standard for a reason. I want to unlock the Atlas at my own pace. Now not only does it get reset every league, forcing me to at the very least regrind all the unique maps from scratch, but also I can't store any new maps in the tab I specifically bought for this reason until I unload the whole inventory. No point keeping anything but a handful of T15/16 maps in there, making the whole tab useless.

FYI, GGG no longer clears the unique maps.

I agree this is a bad move on GGG's part. I'm still in the process of cleaning up the mess in standard.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info