Will there be a new atlas every league now?

"
Kellog wrote:
Spoiler
The other factor is finding free space to hold the new maps until the map series can be changed on the map tab. Last time around I had find ~6 free tabs worth of space and that was after losing two thirds of my maps. Now I'm expected to do the whole thing again. This time, however, I can't (not enough free space) and I won't (it's just bollocks)

I actually happened to have prepared myself for the worst - I've got space to store at least 10 K maps now that I bought a third and final map tab + 2 unique collection tabs - but having me "run in a hurry" 6-7 K Betrayal + WftA maps is underwhelming at best, not to mention it will make me reluctant to even play PoE with the same "enthusiasm".

Beside, I will never again sell maps for 3 -> 1 conversion manually, if I intend to convert more than a couple hundred at a time, because it's simply too time consuming, which leads to me not playing with the proper attention, which leads to me not having "fun", and if I'm not having "fun", I'm not supporting PoE with real $$$ anymore, if I'll hardly "play" at all.

So if TencentGGG enjoys even more players to keep "voting with their wallet", they will continue to alienate even larger parts of the player base with such asinine decisions. It's on them, and solely on their "greed" (read "ineptitude" and "lack of interest" if you find the last word too harsh), and "incompetence" in addressing the major problems at the right time...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Mar 15, 2019, 11:33:39 PM
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
"
Kellog wrote:
Spoiler
The other factor is finding free space to hold the new maps until the map series can be changed on the map tab. Last time around I had find ~6 free tabs worth of space and that was after losing two thirds of my maps. Now I'm expected to do the whole thing again. This time, however, I can't (not enough free space) and I won't (it's just bollocks)

I actually happened to have prepared myself for the worst - I've got space to store at least 10 K maps now that I bought a third and final map tab + 2 unique collection tabs - but having me "run in a hurry" 6-7 K Betrayal + WftA maps is underwhelming at best, not to mention it will make me reluctant to even play PoE with the same "enthusiasm".

Beside, I will never again sell maps for 3 -> 1 conversion manually, if I intend to convert more than a couple hundred at a time, because it's simply too time consuming, which leads to me not playing with the proper attention, which leads to me not having "fun", and if I'm not having "fun", I'm not supporting PoE with real $$$ anymore, if I'll hardly "play" at all.

So if TencentGGG enjoys even more players to keep "voting with their wallet", they will continue to alienate even larger parts of the player base with such asinine decisions. It's on them, and solely on their "greed" (read "ineptitude" and "lack of interest" if you find the last word too harsh), and "incompetence" in addressing the major problems at the right time...

Unfortunately, I simply don't have the finances to purchase new tabs every time GGG makes a game breaking change. The alternative is to play leagues but when they put out content like Synthesis it's easier to just stay away.
angry bump
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
the thread is dying.... is our will to resist this shit the next thing to die?
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
"
sendantes wrote:

we must keep it alive
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Bex imho I find your response simply unacceptable, I know for a fact I've spent more money on this game than I'd like to admit on a good day but simply saying your team's decision to reshuffle maps without a solution for standard, is an "inconvenience" is absolutely absurd and yet completely correct, amongst other things at least.

This tab was sold as a QoL convenience, you sold it as a place for people to store all their maps and at first it worked great, a reshuffle every year maybe longer (span I remember was just before the switch to war of the atlas and I believe the one after delve, took a break after delve and came back just before synthesis) that kind of span is okay to me but now you plan on it every 3 months, every league, I mean I can appreciate the change in content but the fact that this QoL tab doesn't accomodate the new series is almost entirely on purpose especially by now, which means that this tab is now technically falsely advertised.

You've made this convenience microtransaction create even more inconvenience and have essentially rendered it useless to the entire standard playerbase.

Until this is addressed properly, I personally will no longer support this game. After running probably around 200 maps my friend and I chiseled and vaaled just to not waste all of it the drop rate of maps is so abysmal that we're still struggling for many maps

What. The. Actual. Fuck,

A fed up exile.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010865940

Hit me up on steam if you want
Last edited by TSA_Ryan on Mar 17, 2019, 7:35:01 AM
"
sendantes wrote:

No, it's just faded to indifference. I haven't logged in in days. Love the extra amount of time I now have for reading, sports and trying out other games.
GD is pretty cool, the fights are way better than in POE. I just have to relearn arpgs, as I've grown accustomed to the FPS shooter speeds of POE...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
I'm all for shuffling the Atlas every 3 months. It adds a lot of life to the game, especially standard.

Keeping unique map completion was a leap in the right direction, but this is still in a completely unacceptable state. Whats most frustrating to me is I feel like there are a lot of obvious solutions.

If it's not properly addressed next league, I may never return.

Bumping for continued interest.
Yesterday i fixed my Mapstash in Standard. It took me 2.5 Houres to empty the Stash and vendoring the Maps. I will never do that again and i will certainly not buy another Maptab.

Chris Wilson should try this at his own at some point. Sometimes you have to do it yourself to see how shit it is.
The problem with the thready dying, is there is only so much you can say before youre just repeating yourself.

Synthesis is a trash league. Its added way too much to the game, and it just feels like more forced content than fun new thing.

When Synthesis is over, if its not fixed, my time wuth POE is over. I just cant keep going through the lip service and patronizing from staff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info