can we please stop the power creep, already? (or better - reverse it)

"
robmafia wrote:
"

But shit like sweep cant do that except with some scion mirror gear crit build that has 4k hp and the original post that I answered too was like "every skillgem is super opie nowadays compared to 2013" which is obviously complete bullshit.

actually, sweep's had ~5 different buffs and is actually "super opie nowadays compared to 2013."

No it isnt cause the dps checks in endgame (uber elder and shaper >>> endgame in 2013) and damage hp stats of new mob types also got higher numbers compared to back then so Sweep is much further from getting the endgame done than it was in 2013.

Sweep buffs yea I remember 2.0 when Sweep did not have the LESS ATTACK SPEED MOD in 2.0 beta. They removed that concept for any reason and got back to the shitty sweep that we have now.

Like in the old PoE videos you even see people using sweep without trolling for their everyday businesss, thats unthinkable nowadays.

And it isnt just sweep there is also other completely unplayable shit like vigilant strike. So if someone says that every skillgem is opie nowadays compared to the stuff in 2013 aka million dps spectral throw is either over exaggerating or has no idea what he is talking about.
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Nov 16, 2018, 6:42:52 AM
lolz @ uber elder being your singular comparison of power.

also, you missed my point.

as bad as sweep is, it still IS much more powerful than in 2013. via buffs to sweep directly and passives/ascendancies/higher affix tiers/etc.

your claim is simply false.

"

And it isnt just sweep there is also other completely unplayable shit like vigilant strike.

trololol. a utility skill?

also, i actually use vigilant strike. i guess i didn't get the "unplayable" memo.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Nov 16, 2018, 7:07:35 AM
"
grepman wrote:
"
demon9675 wrote:
Yeah I'm gonna blow your minds: the power creep isn't for the average/casual players, it's for the top players.

nonsense.

for average player, the difference between going through acts back in 2013 vs now is humongous.

so what you just said is absolutely and clearly FALSE

power creep is average ratio of average player power vs average content

you cannot tell me with a straight face that clearing a random act 2 area or some rares in 2013 was faster than it is now. because that is clearly false; yet, the content of act 2 is...wait for it...exactly the same

the problem with power creep is that it destroys PAST content making it routine. this is a problem with developing the game vertically as opposed to horizontally

Fair enough, I phrased that poorly. What I should have said is that when the casual players get powercreep, the top players get powercreep x10. Thats why nonstop farming the game’s “hardest” bosses has become a relatively common thing for that elite group, and why delvers beat Chris’s assumptions about how far they could go pretty handily.

So my point is not to defend casuals or go after elites or whatever, it’s to point out a few things: 1. The powercreep has been even more insane for t1 builds and wealthy players than for average, even experienced players; and 2. Powercreep is designed to mollify elites as much as casuals, and more elites do want it than post here (they hang out in item showcase threads in Reddit if on forums at all).

The disproportionate effect of powercreep is on the best/wealthiest players. Doesn’t mean that’s GGG‘s sole intent, I’m just saying that’s why it seems so out-of-control for that group.

I also completely agree that it’s out of control, btw. My post wasn’t intended to deny the problem, just shed light on the details of how it emerges in our differing experiences and why a stat stick blade vortex meme build might see powercreep differently than my hipster fireball igniter scion.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Last edited by demon9675 on Nov 16, 2018, 4:30:19 PM
"
demon9675 wrote:

The disproportionate effect of powercreep is on the best/wealthiest players.

incursion low level chest with 100+ life and abyss blue jewels create a powercreep also on the low end. Getting 800+ dps at level 15-30 with 500+ life is crazy.

This what we had last few leagues and this league we get op crafting fossil too.

On top of that, just farm 6l Oni and your toon is already immortal at level 9.
IF you die in HC under 90 those days you must really be bad, the power level of players make it you get no threat at all out of maps.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Nov 16, 2018, 1:55:14 PM
"
Spectral throw had already millins of dps in 2013 though thanks to shotgunning and stuff.

no it didnt. and you have the nerve to say something about overaggerating ? LOL

first, spectral throw did not even exist before the release. majority of 2013 there was no such skill in the game.

second, even the most souped up ele buzzsaw build did not output 'millions' of dps, you are blatantly lying and to quote yourself, "overexaggerating".

there simply wasnt enough scaling in the game and not enough multipliers in the game

even with all auras, wed and bunch of shit, you had nowhere million of dps, stop this absolute lying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M7uZmN7Qqs&feature=youtu.be

this is AFTER master expansion so even with atziris promise and master crafts you can see ST endgame dps here. and pre masters, master crafts did not exist.

"

Just because you were a scrub in 2013 who tried his own stuff instead of copying the me

what is this idiotic statement even saying ?

[quiote]
And now show me a ssf hc viable 1 mio dps ssf hc sweep build[/quote]
you made up the idea that ST was hitting in the millions range and now want me to show something ? how about you stop lying first.

"

The power creep is real but that doesnt mean that you can so blatantly over exaggerate about everything. The past had its sins too and there still some skills that cant do shit.

say something in particular that Im overexaggerating or lying about

that we had like 3 and a half more multiplier support gems in TOTAL in 2013 pre-release ? that multstrike did not exist at OB release ? that ascendancies that added more power and damage than the whole passive tree did not exist ? that desync thwarted move skill spam (and thus clearspeed) ? that we didnt have master crafts so resists were much harder to get ? that we didnt have heralds for aid of aoe clears ?

that the spells base damage compared to their current base damage were like half the damage they are now ? that about the only skill that covered even close to half the screen in OB was ice nova ? that most melee skills were namelock ? that melee splash was not in OB release ?

that a lot of major notables did not exist on the tree ? that crit was pretty damn hard to get pre-release ? that a lot of weapon nodes were much weaker ?

that mechanics like onslaught, intimidate - mechanics that strictly apply to clear speed (onslaught) or damage multiplier to mobs damage taken (everything else) were not present ?

that we did not have unique flasks that added insane damage till 1.2 ? that pre-1.2 we didnt have a single flask that added damage aside from diamond, and even diamond did not make it to OB till like summer of 2013 ?

go ahead and tell me Im lying even about a single thing on here. go ahead, I dare you. and I can write 20 more things about things we have now that we never had in 2013. foh.
oh yeah, JEWELS that even with 3 good props are better than most notables.

oh yeah, abyssal jewels (yo dawg I heard you like flat damage)

oh yeah, raising t1 rolls on rares

oh yeah, hybrid rolls

oh yeah, master meta craft

oh yeah, essence crafts

oh yeah, unique drop rates buffed like by a factor of 10 if not more

oh yeah, strongboxes that give free currency

oh yeah, div cards for deterministic farming

oh yeah, chance to 6 socket and to 6 link increased

oh yeah, map size increased and map drops drastically increased

--------------------

what did we have to offset that in 2013 ? oh yeah eternal orbs (lol)
oh yeah, flasks didnt make you immune to status ailments or curses, just removed it but didnt prevent you to get cursed/status-d again in .5 second

oh yeah, flasks didnt make you immune to curses on map

oh yeah, trigger gems did not exist pre-release

oh yeah, no blasphemy existed

oh yeah, no loot filters existed so you had to actually look at the loot

oh yeah, no curse on hit , you actually had to CURSE MANUALLY (what a concept huh ?)

oh yeah, no corruptions or enchants

oh yeah, no vaal skills

oh yeah, no empower till like few weeks before release

oh yeah, no persisting spectres on logout
---------------------

what did we have to offset this in 2013 ? reduced mana and stacking auras ?

snapshotting that was counterproductive to clear speed because of high overhead? lol
"
grepman wrote:

Its shameul that all those impulses and unfinished sentences of mine ended up in the final draft, sorry for that :<

But it is still not a one way road. Every major update gave thougher, harder hitting and more annoying mob sets like those corpse exploder ants in 2.0 or Kitava mobs in 3.0.

Back then 20k dps with Cleave was enough to rule the endgame, nowadays you have to hit with 400k dps for 5-10 seconds to down a shaped underground sea merveil. The numbers obviously grew in both directions. If you would play with the same dps numbers that made players get 100 back then you would struggle in act 9 already. They also added annoying shit to slow down players like blight, vine snares, maim and that black elder tar stuff.

Overall, things got faster and cheaper but that isnt as much drama as you guys act like.

3 years ago every shitstain was running around with 15k ES, everyone was able to do the most difficult content in the game back then, uber atziri, only needing a fucking tabula thanks to blade fall poison mines and tricurse with increased curse effect and the bosses had only reduced curse effect, not less, guess how easy that was? Or farming a sixlinked ilvl 80 Astral Plate in Merciless level 2 crypt or tier 1 map crypt in 5 hours thanks to Celestial Justicar.

The game has seen much worse times balancewise than now so I really dont understand the drama here.

Also there is something like build diversity right now where are multiple viable ways to build defenses, scale damage and so on. That got a lot better compared to 2.0 where ES was a must and double dipping was a must for pretty much everyone who wanted to do anything in the end game.
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Nov 16, 2018, 6:37:04 PM
WAT
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Can't stop the snowball now. Increase it, give us harder content :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info