can we please stop the power creep, already? (or better - reverse it)

9/17/19 edit: summoners. *sigh* clear blights while AFK with trash gear. much hard.

and why do we pretend "league-restricted" is a real thing?

6/3/19 edit: so... higher ele tiers and also raised affix ranges of flat ele dmg? wtf?!

and random, GG legion drops just because?

it gets worse/easier every league.

it's getting hard to justify playing.

edit: WTF @ these synthesis implicits. god dammit. this is so damn silly.

higher affix tiers (merciless, dictator's, runic, and the ele affixes, res, stats, life, etc) and now flat ele...
implicits
jewels
ascendancies.
2 more ascendancies.
lab enchants.
higher lab enchants.
shaper affixes.
elder affixes.
watcher's eye
uber watcher's eye
abyssal jewels
double corruptions
bench mods for extra damage as chaos, cannot be frozen, hits can't be evaded, frenzy charge damage, +1 curse, +1 totem, charges, etc
the incursion double affixes.
fossils (- enemy res, % life, deterministic)
quality up to 30 (base) and much higher with affixes
enchantments no longer overwriting implicits
and now fucktons of OP implicits.

flux of OP uniques

sextants
breachstones
upgraded breachstones
scarabs

beast bullshit (imprints, splits)

repeated buffs of skills/supports/new OP gems. ludicrous shit like energy shield leech providing a more modifier.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Sep 17, 2019, 12:58:06 PM
Last bumped on Nov 15, 2019, 6:49:45 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I want them to justify how anyone will want to play life based pvp characters with chaos pen mods now available .
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Nov 13, 2018, 4:53:20 PM
they fixed pvp by making it unplayable. so there's that.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

i like the new power creep

it almost makes me want to play again

but what stops me? next league will be even more power creep. so why waste time playing something that is not the strongest version to be?

power creep is a double edged sword and it cut me nicely in half. been enjoying other game lately and have to say one thing: games can be funn 100% of the time. you do not need to grind for 90% to have fun 10%.. this is current state of POE sadly. i know i know genre is about grind. but.. i think ive reached my threshold

btw - lol 'melee skills'

btw LOL SWEEP :D and lol ice nova rework. it is already a dead skill because it does not work with stat sticks and the entire mechanic is boring and has neither range nor AOE
"
sidtherat wrote:
i like the new power creep

[Removed by Support]

/sarcasm

:)

new power creep is beyond hopeless at this point. while GGG has great network programmers and the ops team i think that their 'balance department' is sorely lacking in any vision and accountability

sure, hungry people will 'eat this pile' regardless so the quality does not matter - but for players with a more refined taste current pulp became revolting

state of balance - not single skills but entire landscape of what is called player power vs content power is a joke of former self and at this point can be used as a 'how NOT to' guide
Which build is getting power creep this time?

IMO we only saw alternative mods on rares that are not usable for 99% of regular builds
Need more brains, exile?
"
MasterTBC wrote:
Which build is getting power creep this time?

IMO we only saw alternative mods on rares that are not usable for 99% of regular builds

god, i hope you're kidding.

mastercrafting got higher tiers for ms/life/defenses/res/stats (and probably much more)
new mods with penetration, now including chaos

but seriously, the power creep has been absurd since ascendancy. as if the ascendancies weren't bad enough (and went from 6 to 8), higher affix tiers, and then the dumb elder/shaper nonsense. including stat sticks, obviously.

add in poet's pen and the zerphi's "nerf," and now even hand-picked master mods get buffed. and include warbands mods, apparently.

what are we supposed to do - play without even looking at the screen, anymore?
[Removed by Support]

Last edited by robmafia on Nov 14, 2018, 12:03:54 PM
So what if there are higher mods?

You buy items on the shop anyway and chaos penetration is pretty much useless for all builds
Need more brains, exile?
I knew game has changed direction towards really casual players the moment those stat sticks were introduced.

Game is now printing some serious money, and there is no return I am afraid. At some point in the past game was too "hard core" if you ask me, but this now... it's just ridiculous.

Even new "D3 refugees" will be able to kill Shaper in their first league.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info