can we please stop the power creep, already? (or better - reverse it)

"
robmafia wrote:
"
"
robmafia wrote:
repeating a fallacy will never make it relevant.

Explain why you need to use the gear that makes the game too easy for you.

i don't.

please explain why you think i do and or how that's relevant to my point, at all?

Because if you aren't using shit that you've deemed power creep, then said power creep isn't effecting you. On top of that, you have no reason why you can't use sub-par equipment to further increase the "challenge." I've seen someone take down Shaper with a white Crude Bow. This is all on you.

Don't like Ascendencies? Don't use them.
Don't like new item mods? Don't use them.
Don't like meta skills? Don't use them.

This game can be as challenging as you want, but rather than do so you've opted to endlessly complain about it here.
This is a buff™
"
robmafia wrote:
i hoped that with diablow being diablow, poe could quit this candy crush route it's been on. but i guess a game actually requiring even a tiny degree of thought/skill is just too much to expect in this day and age.

Do you really find repeating exactly one attack against single group of monsters more entertaining than what we have right now?
I really don't understand it. POE is not a strategy game, you don't have multiple of choices how to approach your enemy. Slowing things down would literally mean holding attack skill for few seconds instead of clicking once and enjoying visual animation and sound of enemies dying (shatter).

When i play games like XCOM or darkest dungeon single battle can last few minutes because everything i do matters and most importantly i have many different viable options. In POE there is no strategy, situational choice or variation. You would just hold attack button for few seconds and that's all. I really can't find it interesting.
...thinks we should only use 1 skill.

yup, it's poe 2018.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"

someone doesn't seem to understand the difference between average player power and an arbitrary self-inflicted handicap

the definition of power creep is the rising ratio of average player power vs average content

you can make any game or task more challenging by self-imposed arbitrary handicaps

get a blindfold over your eyes and your nuts in a vice grip, even tic tac toe will be super challenging.
whats your point ?
"

Because if you aren't using shit that you've deemed power creep, then said power creep isn't effecting you. On top of that, you have no reason why you can't use sub-par equipment to further increase the "challenge." I've seen someone take down Shaper with a white Crude Bow. This is all on you.

This game can be as challenging as you want, but rather than do so you've opted to endlessly complain about it here.

...says the one complaining much more than i am?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2248699

by YOUR logic, why complain about incursions when no one's forcing you to run them?

worse, nothing you said about me even fits. the game is so easy that i don't want to play it. your suggestion is that i should play it anyway, but use bad gear? a++++

you know the game's supposed to be competitive, right?
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Nov 14, 2018, 5:02:18 PM
"
robmafia wrote:
...thinks we should only use 1 skill.

yup, it's poe 2018.

OK...
So how do you want to reasonably use more than one skill at once?
"
grepman wrote:
"

someone doesn't seem to understand the difference between average player power and an arbitrary self-inflicted handicap

the definition of power creep is the rising ratio of average player power vs average content

you can make any game or task more challenging by self-imposed arbitrary handicaps

get a blindfold over your eyes and your nuts in a vice grip, even tic tac toe will be super challenging.
whats your point ?

My point is that the "power creep" is isolated into certain parts of the game which you are free to excise at any time by your own volition, and continue to play the game at a comparable level of power to what you were at before they existed. If you consider that to be giving yourself an "arbitrary handicap," then maybe y'all need to reassess exactly what it is you want from this game.

"
robmafia wrote:
you know the game's supposed to be competitive, right?

Ahhhhh, now I see. The problem isn't that the game is too easy for YOU, but that you are getting a bad case of red-ass over the fact that those filthy peasant casuals are encroaching on your turf.

This game is only competitive if that's how you want to approach it. Frankly, I don't give a fuck what you or anyone else can do, I only care about what I can do.
This is a buff™
Last edited by AkuTenshiiZero on Nov 14, 2018, 5:10:50 PM
"
Go wear a blue Simple Robe or something if you want a challenge.

Sometimes, i accept self-imposed challenges in the game, if they feel interesting. For example, play & complete Wizardry 8 with a single character (it's intended to be played with a party of 6 characters). But it's rather a rare exception.
Usually, if game forces me to inflict self-imposed handicaps (besides "difficulty slider", mean to serve exactly THAT purpose) - something like intentionally dont use strong items or builds - i simply get bored and quit.
For example, when i learned that in Sacred 2 i can make Sepaphim completely invincible to all damage 100% of the time (with certain build), while also having DPS that other characters cant even reach - i was VERY dissapointed... And you know, in PoE there is something quite similar too...
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Nov 14, 2018, 5:16:35 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Go wear a blue Simple Robe or something if you want a challenge.

Sometimes, i accept self-imposed challenges in the game, if they feel interesting. For example, play & complete Wizardry 8 with a single character (it's intended to be played with a party of 6 characters). But it's rather a rare exception.
Usually, if game forces me to inflict self-imposed handicaps (besides "difficulty slider", mean to serve exactly THAT purpose) - something like intentionally dont use strong items or builds - i simply get bored and quit.
For example, when i learned that in Sacred 2 i can make Sepaphim completely invincible to all damage 100% of the time (with certain build), while also having DPS that other characters cant even reach - i was VERY dissapointed... And you know, in PoE there is something quite similar too...

Well...Then maybe you shouldn't be playing PoE.

I ain't even trying to be a dick right now, if people are really THIS bored and not enjoying the game, then it's time to move on. It's not a goddamn marriage, just go. Be free, little sparrow.
This is a buff™
"

My point is that the "power creep" is isolated into certain parts of the game which you are free to excise at any time by your own volition, and continue to play the game at a comparable level of power to what you were at before they existed. If you consider that to be giving yourself an "arbitrary handicap," then maybe y'all need to reassess exactly what it is you want from this game.

so basically, using your logic, it's ok to institute a red button, where everyone can press it and instantaneously 'win' the game. but you should just not use it

'choose your own adventure' is a terrible idea in poe.

power creep loop makes the game ON AVERAGE easier vs AVERAGE content, again. this means it attracts people who all want MOAR POWER, and feedback loop is complete - the game on average is getting easier.

you seem to think its ok because we can always inflict a self imposed handicap. I think this is awful.

why bother making a game hard on average at all then ? you can make it as easy and power creep as high ever on average, and then anyone who wants difficulty can just shut their eyes and stick their nuts in a grinder.

you get as wide audience as possible to reel in that $ and the hardcore audience can entertain themselves right ?

no thanks, I want my niche games remaining at average not retard-level easy. a game should not force me to invent ways to handicap myself to not feel like Im playing a game for 6 year olds. if thats not clear, Im not sure what to say. I shouldnt be creating ways to keep myself not bored in a game that was originally about unforgiving gameplay. thats the game's job.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info