can we please stop the power creep, already? (or better - reverse it)

"
MasterTBC wrote:
So what if there are higher mods?

You buy items on the shop anyway and chaos penetration is pretty much useless for all builds

...what?

i crafted like 20 weapons within a month of this league.

'hurr durr, you (can) buy items!' is hardly any kind of argument. the items you buy... are often crafted.

crazy concept. i know.

and i don't know why you're fixated on chaos pen, as if that was the only thing i mentioned.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
people love power creep confirmed.

the easier it gets/the more OP affixes get, the more it's loved in general.

meh.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

thanks, captain.

but since the private leagues are finally here and ggg sort of maybe tried to help fix pvp or something (ie: finally working toward their promises), i had a glimmer of hope that it would stop the bs power creep and move toward the game we were once promised.

[Removed by Support]

Then quit.

Honest to fuck I am sick of the obsessed fanboys treating everyone else like shit when they complain about things, only to turn around and bitch about other things yourselves. All of this is "optional," right? Just don't use the shit that you don't like, play Sweep and beat Uber Elder, or go play something else, I don't care.

Nobody "promised" you anything for "your" game.
This is a buff™
dat attitude.

fwiw, i quit for about a year and came back halfway through incursion. and i haven't really played in a month.

so thanks for that wonderful advice. i never would have thought to not play a game i didn't enjoy. it's not like this is a feedback forum or anything.

nice quotes. but 2 problems:

- i never said or implied this is 'my game.'
- we WERE actually promised.
[Removed by Support]

The upside to halting or reversing powercreep is that GGG might have to revert changes they've made to monsters and bosses over the years, such as having a huge deal more life, mandatory invulnerability phases, and oneshots without telegraphs.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Nov 14, 2018, 3:07:39 PM
"
robmafia wrote:
dat attitude.

fwiw, i quit for about a year and came back halfway through incursion. and i haven't really played in a month.

so thanks for that wonderful advice. i never would have thought to not play a game i didn't enjoy. it's not like this is a feedback forum or anything.

nice quotes. but 2 problems:

- i never said or implied this is 'my game.'
- we WERE actually promised.

Promised what, exactly? Real talk.

What everyone needs to get through their thick skull is that this game passed a point of no return before the 10 acts were even released.

It is literally impossible to "slow" the game down now. It would be the equivalent to going into WoW and making Vanilla end game gear viable somehow in the current game. There is a reason they are releasing a new vanilla WoW, because you cannot go back.

So stop "wishing" for the creep to slow, because it never does. I would be interested to hear of any successful game in any genre that successfully rolled back power creep and gear mudflation.

Your options are: ride the wave, or get off and lay on the beach.

You can't go back.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:

It is literally impossible to "slow" the game down now.

WAT
[Removed by Support]

"
robmafia wrote:
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:

It is literally impossible to "slow" the game down now.

WAT

This is something i have to agree with.
Poe is no longer "slow paced game" and since it become "zoom zoom" type of game population grow massively. GGG can't just slow everything down and expect to face no negative consequences in player retention. I would stop playing POE if game would slow down. How do i know? Because i tried Grimd Dawn and while i enjoyed story, game is far too slow for me and i dropped it after few hours (tho i kinda enjoyed crucible or whatever this arena is called).

Last edited by karoollll2534 on Nov 14, 2018, 4:02:05 PM
"
karoollll2534 wrote:

How do i know? Because i tried Grimd Dawn and while i enjoyed story, game is far too slow for me and i dropped it after few hours (tho i kinda enjoyed crucible or whatever this arena is called).

I had the same exact experience. I thought the astrology-based skill system was really neat but soon lost favor when I noticed I'd never move faster than basically the beginning of the game.

It's crazy how speed is one of those things that is tangible. It literally feels bad when you don't have it (once you are used to it).
Last edited by Prizy on Nov 14, 2018, 4:05:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info