Private leagues - and whos gonna play that?

The only way this would have been ok was if:

-free, or one time cost for the entire league duration

-unlimited mods to add to your custom league instance servers or what you want to call it so you could play turbo soul eater lethal blamt clusterfuck fun stuff
with all legacy leagues and mods active.

But this shit now, paying for a temporary private time, with limited basic boring mods? Hellll no!

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
People who refuse to play with cheaters. I play strictly SSF because I can't abide what we called "tainted" goods. If you trade in the trade pools, you're being influenced by cheaters. The items are likely found by cheaters, or by honest players using stuff they got from cheaters. The currency rates are definitely affected by it.

A private league wouldn't be immune, but it would damn obvious if someone was cheating, and you would know who it was.

I'd consider joining and paying, if I found the right group who wanted to do it.

Strange statement. What do you call "cheaters"? What is "tainted" gooda? I trade in trade league, because it is only way to get gear fit to my builds. I sell item's I crafted (gambled with chaos spamming) myself and it is true, I probably could't do it in "SSF league" (no 1000 c for chaos spam) but I'm really courious about your "cheating" definition.
People who played BLAMT? Ironman Races? Gucci Hobo? Group SSF?

Are people really too stupid to realize the consequences of a private league where you can add whatever loot/monster mod you want?
Here is a good write up on reddit if you really dont understand it, Chris himself answered:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9u8v0p/discussion_private_leagues_player_expectations/
It's basically a "pay to play without bots"-feature.
"
stevich wrote:

Haha it's nothing like d3 mobile. D3 mobile is lazy. This new league system is ambitious.
GGG puts in the work while Blizzard tries to squeeze alot of buck for not much work. There is a fundamental difference right there.

Also noone may have asked for d3 mobile but people have for custom leagues. Chris has promised those would be implemented since 2012 i think.
It's GGG delivering once again.

Not being able to add league mechanics is somewhat of a bummer. Lets see what the future brings.

Cut these guys some slack, they are the real deal.

Are you even real?

Bringing a 3D game to your mobile is lazy? Do you think they just copied the code and told it "you now work on this phone - hex hex". like wtf?

on the other side what GGG "created" here is already in the game. other than the GUI i doubt they spent THAT much time for it.
Back in the days when we had races they were very similar to this announced custom leagues.
hell, even chris himself said in the early days that he could set up a custom league in a very short time (would need to look it up, but i think it was around an hour or so).

now you come here and you want to tell us that something that is basically already in the game (except the GUI ofc) is way more work than porting a 3D game to your phone?
nice try
Last edited by Ruefl2x on Nov 5, 2018, 7:44:33 AM

Are you even real?

Bringing a 3D game to your mobile is lazy? Do you think they just copied the code and told it "you now work on this phone - hex hex". like wtf?

on the other side what GGG "created" here is already in the game. other than the GUI i doubt they spent THAT much time for it.
Back in the days when we had races they were very similar to this announced custom leagues.
hell, even chris himself said in the early days that he could set up a custom league in a very short time (would need to look it up, but i think it was around an hour or so).

now you come here and you want to us that something that is basically already in the game (except the GUI ofc) is way more work than porting a 3D game to your phone?
nice try [/quote]
Yes i am.
I played one of the netease games yesterday evening. Everything is already in place they just need to slap diablo assets into it.
Its called crusaders. If its any indication of what diablo immortal is gonna be like (which it most likely is) than im not a fan.

I think GGG spent alot of time for this one. It needs infrastructure that is not in place.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
"
Sidad wrote:
GGG and Blizzard both fail hard. Come on 'Lost Ark'. Come to NA and kick these two senseless business asses. That's the only way they will improve or disappear.

I can´t stand korean graphics.. all look the same to me... no prejudices here.. but I tried a few.. and got bored after just a few days.. one looks and plays like the other.
"
People who played BLAMT? Ironman Races? Gucci Hobo? Group SSF?

Are people really too stupid to realize the consequences of a private league where you can add whatever loot/monster mod you want?
Here is a good write up on reddit if you really dont understand it, Chris himself answered:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9u8v0p/discussion_private_leagues_player_expectations/

so tell us - what would that consequences be?
they are still custom leagues. meaning there wouldn't be an impact on the "normal" leagues (other than fewer ppl playing maybe) and even if they wouldn't be voided, it still would go to standard. noone cares for standard. it is already flooded with all the flashback leagues which is pretty much the same. no1 cares ... why care with custom leagues?

now i tell you a secret:
i already play harbinger league ONTOP of delve!
Zana makes it possible. And even so i rarely trade i could run this 6c mod until the end of the league without going bankrupt.

the only consequence i see is the elitism of some die-hards getting scratched.
the consequences are twofold, firstly you have to branch voided and non-voided, if you allow mayhem type leagues to filter into regular leagues or standard its going to flood the game at a rate that requires playing in the custom league to be relevant (for new players)

The flipside if its voided a whole subset of players whine everytime, personally I love voided content but I also delete most of my characters gear and all so I guess i'm exactly the target audience for void leagues lol.

Secondly and i think the more important one is people get used to the game being crazy with every mod active, this makes future leagues seem worthless because they are very tame compared to the new baseline. Everyone goes UGH this is shit compared to having double beyond breach on i'm off back to cuckleague!

Ask anyone who played mayhem were they bored of breaches and strongboxes by the end? I know I was leagues have to be grounded at a certain rate to feel good. Same thing happened after the sextant nerf many players used to sextant blocking expressed how boring things felt as they were used to every map being filled to the brim with mobs.

tbh the whole idea is such a tough sell i'm amazed GGG went for it, I don't blame them for throwing experimental on there but as far as I can tell the primary use for this is to make super HC experiences late league run by streamer groups, a really fun way to do a secondary ladder late on.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Nov 5, 2018, 8:04:41 AM
"
but I'm really courious about your "cheating" definition.

Mainly bots. Farm bots and trade bots. It's VERY hard to be an active trader in a trade league, without trading with a trade bot from time to time. Hell, the 10 first results when you search for currency exchange, are usually trade bots. And who's to say that they're not using farm bots too?

He's also probably referring to items made by illegal acquired currency, either from farm bots or scams, if he views scams as cheating. Anyhow, bots are cheating - and if you trade a lot, you will buy/sell currency to trade bots, and you will probably end up with a lot of currency farmed by farm bots.

I think that is what he's referring to.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info