Private leagues - and whos gonna play that?

Announcement in par with Diablo 3 Mobile.

Sounds nice at first but will get bore soon quickly.
Last bumped on Nov 6, 2018, 4:15:18 PM
A few streamers and the few dozen players who play in dedicated party.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
since i don't play path of exile as my job, i have no reason or desire to make the game harder and take longer to complete things.

i'll take interest when we can play previous leagues and get loot pinata options.
"
panmisiek123 wrote:
Announcement in par with Diablo 3 Mobile.

Sounds nice at first but will get bore soon quickly.

+1 Agreed. As a filthy casual I don't need to join a custom league with increased difficulty. Regular PoE is plenty hard enough already (and then some) for me. The "no stash mod"... the fuck you say GGG. Catering to the top no-lifers once again. I really should have called that one.

Edit: My smart phone already gets hot and drains the battery fast on videos so why the hell would I want to do that to play D3 on a teenie tiny screen. I won't!

What I want on my smartphone is a PoE app so I can set up a sell tab or 2 and sell gear and not have to be chained to PoE (logged in) in order to receive WTB whispers and make a sale. This is 2018 and I can't get instant messaged and sell from my phone wherever I'm at in a trade-centric arpg. What the hell is wrong with you GGG? Give me a PoE trade app (sell only) to make PoE a real trade focused arpg if that's what you want us to be doing. But handicapping us with this god awful trade chat shit and then expecting us to trade because 99.99% of drops as garbage will force us to trade for the gear we need for our current build is super wrong. It's no wonder I don't buy any mtx anymore.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Nov 4, 2018, 8:57:32 PM
Twitch streamers will play it, probably at the end of each league when people get bored of the game and there's nothing else to do.
And maybe the few normies who just can't play without their friends.

Other than that I don't really see the point. It's kinda like... meh.
Last edited by rzuk892 on Nov 4, 2018, 11:23:26 PM
Over the past couple years I've posted multiple times asking when will premium custom leagues be added.

But this... is not what I had in mind.

I want to play Abyss + Breach + Perandus + Beyond + Harbinger

I want to play that because it would be fun. I would be happy to pay extra money to enjoy that fun.

What they have decided to sell instead makes no sense to me. I would never pay extra for what they are offering.

It makes no sense to me. It's as if they have decided that making money is a bad idea and they are going to try as hard as they can to avoid it.
Hint hint nudge nudge, these private leagues aren't aimed at the majority, not even the majority of 1%'ers. These are very clearly aimed at streamers.
Sounds crappy unless drop rates adjusted. Thats how D3 did it to compel play in high torment otherwise what's the point? You can play with a 3L and 50% all res if you want monster tougher.

And I dont mean poets pen either. I mean take a standard 6L build and face guardians with a 3L instead. Totally changes fight. Long haul like that screws up flasks use and they are given so many opportunities to wreck you.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 5, 2018, 1:09:59 AM
It's good for streamers only really. They can create harder races and other epeen leagues.

The good news is that tech is now in place to make fun leagues for the other 99.9% of the community.
"
rzuk892 wrote:
Twitch streamers will play it, probably at the end of each league when people get bored of the game and there's nothing else to do.
And maybe the few normies who just can't play without their friends.

Other than that I don't really see the point. It's kinda like... meh.

Yup, my sentiments exactly. Not for me, but maybe fun to watch others play.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info