Private leagues - and whos gonna play that?

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I didn't say it was possible for everyone in one week but it certainlly is over 3 months even 2 hours a day. Do the math.

Lets say these pros hitting 100 play 20 hours a day first week. Thats 140 hours.
If you play 2 hours a day 6 days a week for 12 weeks thats 144 hours.

So causal play can get it done in one league.

Of course they can get it done. I never said it was impossible in a 3 month league. But your comparison is still off. You take for granted that the "average Joe" has the same amount of knowledge, skill and death-count as your so-called "pro". Still comparing apples to oranges.

I'm done here. We're not debating the same thing.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
What a weekend seriously,

WC3 rework, D3 Mobile and POE streamer leagues. If someone would have told me that a week ago, I would have laughed at his foolish idea´s.

Maybe that´s what happends when Developers read social media all day, while abandoning their official forums.

Stuff nobody needs or asked for, but here it is.

It´s going to be interesting to see where we go from this. Will 3.5. be the last league designed by GGG?
Are all future leagues only accessible by paying?
Will 4.0 still be free to play, or does it require a purchase in the shop?

Free to play is an illusion, Exile!
"
Ygidua wrote:
It´s going to be interesting to see where we go from this. Will 3.5. be the last league designed by GGG?
Are all future leagues only accessible by paying?
Will 4.0 still be free to play, or does it require a purchase in the shop?

Free to play is an illusion, Exile!

Did you even read the message? The private servers are not getting exclusive expansions.

Please read first, then comment or ask!
Censored.
Honestly, do the math. It is about sales volume. One person doesn't cut it.

If they sold the thing for $80 (reasonable if they agreed to add ALL new content as it was released as long as the game is in development) they could move quite a lot of them. Modders alone that would suddenly bloom like a mushroom cloud around this game would sell it for them.

Think of all the real private servers that would go up (think Path of Diablo) and to participate you would need to own a copy. Some folks like me would buy at least 2. I might buy 3.

We are talking big bucks (as in if they had the brains to do this already they might not have had to sell out to Tencent but a done bun can't be undone).
Censored.
"
ThngsLikeThis wrote:
"
Sidad wrote:
GGG and Blizzard both fail hard. Come on 'Lost Ark'. Come to NA and kick these two senseless business asses. That's the only way they will improve or disappear.

I can´t stand korean graphics.. all look the same to me... no prejudices here.. but I tried a few.. and got bored after just a few days.. one looks and plays like the other.

Graphics might be the only big difference between Korean games and POE. RNG, grind, overpriced cash shop, elitist shit and so on is all pretty much very similar if not same. All thou Korean MMO's have their own faults 'Lost Ark' is something else on another, better level or at least that's how I feel so far. But regardless my point was that what is needed is better competition in the market or quality of products we are getting will keep getting worse. That's why besides Grim Down which I $support even thou I don't play I also support Last Epoch, WH 40k Inquisitor Martyr, Divinity Original Sin 2, Wolcen and so on. But they are still too small to affect market. I love how FPS games compete or even better MOBA games. I always enjoy going back to play LOL and love how game keeps getting better. I feel we need that kind of competition in ARPG games as well.
There just is no reason to move toward an offline version, short of selling out and being done with POE. A one time infusion of money, with little chance of future investment from those that buy it.

Exposing the entire code of POE presents risk to the integrity of their online only game, creates competition to their online model through player made mods, and limits any future revenue from that playerbase.

I think that's their last move before closing up shop. A last ditch cash grab, and then off to the beach.
FTP model LoL has showed that it works just fine. A billion of profit from microtransactions is simply amazing imho. But they work(ed) hard for it and that's why I still support them and like to play LoL.
I actually was looking forward to Wolcen.
This being said..., I am an addict. I just find a game which I like.. and I play it for 12+ hours a day. (More or less.. I just like to play a game that is fun for me.. I had an account way back in open beta... now I am back after looking for a game that hooked me like PoE did... nope, notrhing out there.

OF COURSE PoE is not perfect.. depending on who judges.. I just an joy myself playing the gane as it is...so why should I ask for changes that just cater to my (and maybe 8 other Players) likings? ^^
@ThngsLikeThis Exactly, nothing out there and that's the real problem. No game is perfect and that's why having few options would be nice.
As a player in POE who doesnt have any friends and can count the number of times been in a party over 4 years , on one hand , this is probly not going to be for me .

Id be better off in trade league .

Having said all that if a streamer or a league was organised in such a way that the cost was low and had the right mods , maybe .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info