Private leagues - and whos gonna play that?

As someone who's FIERCELY against pay-to-play elements in free-to-play games... I'm actually okay with this, strangely enough. Because of its implication. (Obligatory)

The implication is, this would give streamers and the more competitive players among us (the "bragging rights enthusiasts") a much needed "bubble" that is still under the PoE umbrella, which in turn could allow the sort of tweaking that wasn't possible before for fear of "OMG 2 EZ" making the game easier.

Speculation, yes. But a guy can dream.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
I think GGG is under pressure from TenCents which expects a high revenue after they bought GGG.
Maybe that´s why 2 of the 3 big announcements are all on the money making side.
Don't forget PoE is aimed as a COMPETITIVE arpg game. Yes you can play it as a casual but all these stuff is to try make it competitive with more people running events.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
I wish I could ramp up difficulty of the game, but I'm not gonna pay 30 bucks for ~1 month of a private league. I can get a whole game for the same sum or a brand new AAA title for 2x that (= a lot more gaming out of it).

I guess I'm not the target audience for this (never have played any games that require subscription) and the regular leagues will satisfy my ARPG itch just fine, like they did so far.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
IIPheXII wrote:
..PoE is aimed as a COMPETITIVE arpg game..

How many people in % you think or you know compete?
Last edited by Rexeos on Nov 6, 2018, 6:46:14 AM
"
morbo wrote:
..and the regular leagues will satisfy my ARPG itch just fine, like they did so far.

I guess there will be more "balance" staff in future similar to what happened not long time ago: pack size, how mobs are placed in game etc.. Lets see, but to sell something there will be more of those nerfs imo.
Last edited by Rexeos on Nov 6, 2018, 6:49:20 AM
Uh, so, maybe I'm misunderstanding this - but wouldn't it allow for massive community leagues? For example, leagues where you could only trade currency? Or leagues where certain meta-build skill gems are not available for use? One step further, wouldn't this be the foundation for completely custom Acts, maps, etc? Couldn't modders feasibly support an open-world style POE?

This stuff wouldn't happen immediately, but down the road, who wouldn't want to play private leagues?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info