Private leagues - and whos gonna play that?

I won't. Can't see why anyone would tbh.
Yeah, totally on par with diablo immortals announcement.......

Blizz hyping up "big" things for blizzcon, let speculation run wild and the only damage control was to tell people to lower their expectations a bit, blizz never talked or hinted about a mobile game and when they announce it literally NO ONE wants it.

GGG talked about custom league years back, people were excited about them then though there was nothing other than the vaguest outline on how it would work, it was always going to be paid and it was always going to be no better than the current game (no extra drops) over the years people still talked about it....GGG finally delivered.

Do not confuse your opinion with fact, there ARE people that will play this and have wanted this.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Any insinuation that this is even in the same galaxy as the Activision debacle is hilarious. They basically gave D3 enthusiasts the opposite of what they wanted. I personally think the real Diablo franchise died with D3, and even I feel bad for them. This is just digging up the Diablo corpse and desecrating it further from my perspective. My guess is a lot of Diablo 3 fans feel like I did when D3 went RoS. On the bright side, they can now appeal to a lot of gamers who probably don't even realize that Diablo Immortal has 3 preceding games.

Just the same, I wonder what would GGG's version of "Don't you guys have phones?" would be for this announcement about private leagues.

"Don't you guys have any friends to share the cost with?"
Last edited by Nubatron on Nov 5, 2018, 4:53:46 AM
I am a bit disappointed by the announcement, this is not what I imagined when I read about custom or private leagues. It will prove to be a nice feature for streamers or some guilds for sure but personally I don't see the appeal.

This is also not what I imagined for group self found. Sure, you can crowdfund those leagues and the price is fair given you share it among a certain amount of people. I would be interested in some of those mods, famine sounds fun for example, but as a ssf player I can not justify dropping this much money on private league when I am the only one playing it. Not to mention small scale group found groups, even as two or three people it is pretty pricy considering what you get out of it.

Also no "fun" mods, this kills it for me. I'd have loved to play Harbinger or Nemesis again, even Perandus or Essence. Even if it would be voided. Think I'll pass on that one.
From my point of view “private leagues” is another way to please GGG’s marketing employees (aka “streamers”) and let them earn some additional money. Personally, I do not understand people who watch others playing games instead of playing them. But such people exists and more importantly, they are able to put out a lot of money just to make such a streamer deign to play with them, when they finally decide to play instead of watch. Let’s count it. 10 day “private league”, 9 players, let's assume 100$ from each, makes… $2700 additional money. Plus little something something from YT and probably from GGG too. Not bad for… playing computer game. Or even much more, if some streamer will be able to pull out some bigger money from his fans :)
People who refuse to play with cheaters. I play strictly SSF because I can't abide what we called "tainted" goods. If you trade in the trade pools, you're being influenced by cheaters. The items are likely found by cheaters, or by honest players using stuff they got from cheaters. The currency rates are definitely affected by it.

A private league wouldn't be immune, but it would damn obvious if someone was cheating, and you would know who it was.

I'd consider joining and paying, if I found the right group who wanted to do it.
I'd definitely pay for Custom Leagues with older league content, too.

Now, I don't think so. It does enable group ssf, but paying for that, doesn't sound right.

Give me the choice of some Perandus - harbinger - breach and I'm sold <3
"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
nvm
Last edited by golan4840 on Nov 5, 2018, 6:18:44 AM
I will not play it, but I think it is a good option for streamers. Those players able to run to 100 in few days and delving over 3000, they will have fun. For me it is the cost that bothers me, I know it is not expensive, if you want to pay and the cost can be divided by all players, but in the end, I would have found this better idea, if all can do this without cost.
Imagine 10 days and you pay for those 10 days not knowing, will the custom arranged mods work or will it be over the top hard and difficult, so many will lose interest in it.
If the party breaks and all have paid for it - not good.

I like that you gave this option to us and those who once asked for it are happy. For me, I still have to beat all in the game in normal mode or league mode, there is no need for making it more difficult.

You should think about the cost, if this is really needed.
"
panmisiek123 wrote:
Announcement in par with Diablo 3 Mobile.

Haha it's nothing like d3 mobile. D3 mobile is lazy. This new league system is ambitious.
GGG puts in the work while Blizzard tries to squeeze alot of buck for not much work. There is a fundamental difference right there.

Also noone may have asked for d3 mobile but people have for custom leagues. Chris has promised those would be implemented since 2012 i think.
It's GGG delivering once again.

Not being able to add league mechanics is somewhat of a bummer. Lets see what the future brings.

Cut these guys some slack, they are the real deal.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info